• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mors

Red Wings Round 1 only on TSN?

Rate this topic

From the looks of the schedule, only Game 1 of the Wings/Blue Jackets series will be nationally televised? The rest of the games are on TSN, and it looks like the Center Ice package is done for the season...so are those of us outside the Michigan area completely screwed here?

From the looks of the schedule, only Game 1 of the Wings/Blue Jackets series will be nationally televised? The rest of the games are on TSN, and it looks like the Center Ice package is done for the season...so are those of us outside the Michigan area completely screwed here?

I've been flaming away at this crap all morning. It does appear we're screwed if we live outside Detroit.

Basically, it looks like the Philly/s***sburgh series will get all the TV coverage. I wonder why. The fact that the Wings get the NHL its only good ratings apparently hasn't dawned on the league yet.

Hopefully, there'll be some online streams, but atdhe although still up, has s***ty quality ever since the league put the hammer down on it. The other streams are better than nothing, but hardly reliable or enjoyable to watch.

I don't know about the NHL network, however, I'm afraid they'll probably be showing the Canadian teams and not the Wings.

In the past I've been able to watch 1st & 2nd round games on Center Ice.

Yea I'll have to take a look tonight, Comcast told me it was over on the phone the other day, but usually they have no idea what Center Ice even is...

I just saw this and got a little nervous, I've gotten blacked out a few times in the past:

Thursday, April 16 7 p.m. Columbus at Detroit VERSUS, TSN

Saturday, April 18 6 p.m. Columbus at Detroit TSN

Tuesday, April 21 7 p.m. Detroit at Columbus TSN

Thursday, April 23 7 p.m. Detroit at Columbus TSN

*Saturday, April 25 7 p.m. Columbus at Detroit VERSUS, TSN

*Monday, April 27 TBD Detroit at Columbus TSN

*Wednesday, April 29 TBD Columbus at Detroit VERSUS, TSN

Guest Shoreline

There's 16 teams, man, so Versus cannot show ALL Wings games. It being on TSN is absolutely a good thing for Center Ice subscribers. First two rounds have always been shown for me, via DirecTV.

Yea I'll have to take a look tonight, Comcast told me it was over on the phone the other day, but usually they have no idea what Center Ice even is...

I just saw this and got a little nervous, I've gotten blacked out a few times in the past:

Thursday, April 16 7 p.m. Columbus at Detroit VERSUS, TSN

Saturday, April 18 6 p.m. Columbus at Detroit TSN

Tuesday, April 21 7 p.m. Detroit at Columbus TSN

Thursday, April 23 7 p.m. Detroit at Columbus TSN

*Saturday, April 25 7 p.m. Columbus at Detroit VERSUS, TSN

*Monday, April 27 TBD Detroit at Columbus TSN

*Wednesday, April 29 TBD Columbus at Detroit VERSUS, TSN

All first round games are on FSD as well

There's 16 teams, man, so Versus cannot show ALL Wings games. It being on TSN is absolutely a good thing for Center Ice subscribers. First two rounds have always been shown for me, via DirecTV.

Versus seems to have no problem showing ALL of the Sharks vs. Ducks and ALL of the Blues vs. Canucks games...seems like they could have tried to air more than 1 game from the Wings series.

I'd also prefer the games to be on Versus vs. Center Ice because Comcast doesn't offer Center Ice in HD, whereas all the games on Versus are HD here on the East Coast.

Guest Shoreline
All first round games are on FSD as well

Pretty sure of this too. I just hope I get a TSN option for them since I'm a bit tired of Ken and Mickey. :lol:

Versus seems to have no problem showing ALL of the Sharks vs. Ducks and ALL of the Blues vs. Canucks games...seems like they could have tried to air more than 1 game from the Wings series.

I'd also prefer the games to be on Versus vs. Center Ice because Comcast doesn't offer Center Ice in HD, whereas all the games on Versus are HD here on the East Coast.

Great point. Also include the Philly/Pitt series in the East in that category.

Since when did any of these teams garner the NHL more ratings than Detroit?

I just think it's ironic that last year all the Wings games were broadcast on Versus, and all we did was win the Stanley Cup. You'd think we'd get a little more respect than this.

The following should be noted:

- Thursday, April 16 Game 1: Columbus Blue Jackets at Detroit Red Wings - TSN2

- Saturday, April 18 Game 2: Columbus Blue Jackets at Detroit Red Wings - TSN

- Tuesday, April 21 Game 3: Detroit Red Wings at Columbus Blue Jackets - TSN

- Thursday, April 23 Game 4: Detroit Red Wings at Columbus Blue Jackets - TSN

- *Saturday, April 25 Game 5: Columbus Blue Jackets at Detroit Red Wings - TSN2

- *Monday, April 27 Game 6: Detroit Red Wings at Columbus Blue Jackets - TSN

- *Wednesday, April 29 Game 7: Columbus Blue Jackets at Detroit Red Wings - TSN

Once again, a big "EAT s***" goes out to TSN2 for once again screwing Canadian viewers. This channel has been nothing but pure hell for sports fans in the Toronto area as well as around Canada.

Edited by BleedRed&White

I have to admit the 1st round matchups in the East are a bit more compelling.

Montreal vs. Boston and Pittsburgh vs. Phily especially.

High skill teams that absolutely hate each other.

The closest the West has is Anaheim vs. San Jose - two teams that are not too fond of each other at all.

But Detroit does pack in the rating, no matter who they play, and Columbus will gett "Cinderella Story" headlines with their first win... as if.

I just called Comcast to see about getting TSN and no luck, they don't carry it. :ranting: Does this mean that I will not be able to watch these games? I have center ice, but with Comcast - hopefully some of the Detroit bars in Chicago will pick it up?!

Guest Shoreline

You sure about the Versus thing? Usually here for Sharks games that are/were on FSBA/CSBA and Versus simultaneously caused the Versus feed to be blacked out. Also, I just checked the Wings Game 1 topic from last year and everyone in Michigan it looked like got the FSD broadcast over Versus.

Also, for BleedRed&White TSN2 would take Game 5 over TSN.

The other day Ken and Mickey were talking about how they had a good year and were telling the crew good job and all. But then Ken, was like but were not done yet. Seemed like he was implying that there were broadcasts to come on FS-D still. I hope so.

Also, for BleedRed&White TSN2 would take Game 5 over TSN.

I apologize. In my furious rage I must have forgotten to add Game 5 to that list which now only further increases my rage.

Guest Shoreline
The other day Ken and Mickey were talking about how they had a good year and were telling the crew good job and all. But then Ken, was like but were not done yet. Seemed like he was implying that there were broadcasts to come on FS-D still. I hope so.

There are.

dfsdf.jpg

As some have already posted, I've never run into an issue with having Center Ice cut before round 3 of the playoffs. They continue to show games that aren't on Versus so people subscribing to the CI do not miss any games. They do cut once round three begins because the league doesn't play games at the same time or day as the other series, hence they can show all the games at that point on Versus or NBC without missing any other action.

Guest Shoreline
All are on FSD. In fact, I don't think that any Wings playoff games have been cut out of viewing in MI in the last 12+ years that I have been a fan. Why start the panicking now without doing any research into it?

Because panicking requires little thought and effort.

Anyways, it would make no sense from any stance that between Versus and FSD that FSD gets blacked out for people in Detroit/Michigan when it's the LOCAL CARRIER. Why the flying crap would they black the local carrier out? Kinda eliminates the whole reason of having FSD broadcast at all.

Edited by Shoreline