• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mikepilarz

Game 1 Meetup for Chicago Wings Fans

Rate this topic

Hey gang. We've put together a little impromptu meetup for Wings fans in Chicago who want to get together and watch playoff game 1 on Thursday. A description of the event is below. Myself and another rabid Wings fan buddy in Chicago are organizing this grass-roots style. Hope you can join us! Bring friends, as long as they're not Hawks fans.

http://nhltweetup.com/2009/04/nhl-tweetup-...red-wings-fans/

Hey Red Wings fans in Chicago! Looking for a Detroit-friendly bar to watch game one of the playoffs on Thursday, April 16?

Meetup with your fellow displaced Wingnuts at Chicago’s Avenue Tavern, which may as well be called the Woodward Avenue Tavern given the owner’s fierce loyalty to all things Detroit. The game will be broadcast in HD on 10 LCD TVs throughout the bar, with sound. It’ll be like JoeVision in Chicago!

What: NHL Tweetup Chicago for Red Wings Fans!

Detroit Red Wings vs. Columbus Blue Jackets

When: Thursday, April 16. Puck drops at 6 pm

Where: Avenue Tavern (2916 N. Broadway)

Who: Wings fans in Chicagoland

RSVP: Via Twitter here or via Facebook here

Game day specials include:

* $3 Labatt drafts

* $2 PBR

* Detroit-style Coneys, 2 for $5

* 50 cent wings

Hope you can join us and watch the Wings kick off the journey to Stanley Cup number 12.

Edited by mikepilarz

Chicago is the new Detroit. So many Michigan residents have moved there that no matter which neighborhood your in you will always see more of the Red Wings logo or Tigers logo walking the sidewalks. Can't blame them. Lots and lots of Jobs and a city that is pretty much corrupt from head to toes, but knows how to run its self efficiently.

I just may have to go....

Hope you can make it. The owner is being very good to us and I'm hoping we can make this a regular thing if we get enough turnout.

Chicago is the new Detroit. So many Michigan residents have moved there that no matter which neighborhood your in you will always see more of the Red Wings logo or Tigers logo walking the sidewalks. Can't blame them. Lots and lots of Jobs and a city that is pretty much corrupt from head to toes, but knows how to run its self efficiently.

Can't argue with that at all. It's amazing how many Detroit refugees you find here. But we're a rabidly loyal bunch when it comes to the Wings.

This sounds better than watching the game at Tin Lizzie!!!! It used to be a good time when they gave away free beer for every puck successfully shot in the net during halftime. Avenue Tavern is a great bar and just down the street!

GO WINGS!

hey are you doing this again for Saturdays game???

My girlfriend and I will be in town i am in need of a place to see the game... its life or death!!!!!!! ;)

hey are you doing this again for Saturdays game???

My girlfriend and I will be in town i am in need of a place to see the game... its life or death!!!!!!! ;)

There are currently no plans to do this again on Saturday but we certainly hope to do it again later in the playoffs. As for a place to catch a Wings game in Chicago, Avenue Tavern is a great choice. Other bars to check out are Tin Lizzy and Grand River. I'll probably end up back at Avenue Tavern for Saturday's game. Because the owner is such a passionate fan, it's the closest thing I've found to watching a game back home in Detroit.

@creedie: hope to see you there Thursday!

we are going to the avenue tavern on Saturday it appears :) is there a certain time we should arrive pre-game seeing how i don't know how crowded it gets there.

we are going to the avenue tavern on Saturday it appears :) is there a certain time we should arrive pre-game seeing how i don't know how crowded it gets there.

Good question. You might want to get there 30 - 60 min. early. Just a guess.