• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Ville Leino Recalled: As a Precaution

Rate this topic

As much as I'd like to see Leino play, I'm all in support if coaching's decision if they decide to play Kopecky or Maltby over him. It wouldn't shock me though if they are on a short leash and the first people to go if the Wings struggle early. If that's the case, we could be seeing Leino sooner than later.

As much as I'd like to see Leino play, I'm all in support if coaching's decision if they decide to play Kopecky or Maltby over him. It wouldn't shock me though if they are on a short leash and the first people to go if the Wings struggle early. If that's the case, we could be seeing Leino sooner than later.

+1

Why? Kopecky is soft big player with no offensive upside whatsoever and his defensive game is nothing special. Maltby is just as "good".

Why? Kopecky is soft big player with no offensive upside whatsoever and his defensive game is nothing special. Maltby is just as "good".

He wasn't debating Kopecky over Maltby, he was saying that he agreed with the coaches decision to play those guys ahead of Leino. In other words, how can we sit here and criticize what the coaches do? They are around those guys every single day and we watch them on tv for 2 hours. I'm guessing they have a little better idea of who to play than we do.

Because the team and the coaching staff and the organization is one of the best in the game right now and I'm not going to act like I'm smarter than them, because I'm not, and I'm not going to play anal armchair Monday Morning quarterback on what's wrong with this team when the playoffs haven't even started yet. Nobody knows how Kopecky and Maltby are going to perform overall if they are on the ice. Babcock/company could have easily said from the start that Leino is definitely playing and Maltby or Kopecky is out, but he didn't. Which could mean that he still might trust and have confidence in one/both guys, and might not trust Leino as much. If Babcock and company see it to be necessary to scratch Kopecky or Maltby, they'll do it. He's not going to scratch somebody though just for the sake of it or just to please you or the masses on LetsGoWings.com.

Because the team and the coaching staff and the organization is one of the best in the game right now and I'm not going to act like I'm smarter than them, because I'm not, and I'm not going to play anal armchair Monday Morning quarterback on what's wrong with this team when the playoffs haven't even started yet. Nobody knows how Kopecky and Maltby are going to perform overall if they are on the ice. Babcock/company could have easily said from the start that Leino is definitely playing and Maltby or Kopecky is out, but he didn't. Which could mean that he still might trust and have confidence in one/both guys, and might not trust Leino as much. If Babcock and company see it to be necessary to scratch Kopecky or Maltby, they'll do it. He's not going to scratch somebody though just for the sake of it or just to please you or the masses on LetsGoWings.com.

So, you think that Kopecky is better choice than Leino because Babcock will probably play Kopecky in game1 and on? OK, that's perfectly fine.

But this is discussion forum, no one thinks they know better than Babcock, Holland and co., but you can still post your own opinion, and that opinion does not have to be identical to Babcock's or anyone's.

From what I've seen I would say Leino is more valuable than Kopecky and it's not even close, that's my opinion and that's it.

Who would you play if YOU were Babcock?

And don't worry I am not stupid enough to think Babcock goes to LGW.com for advice :lol:

Edited by Reds4Life

So, you think that Kopecky is better choice than Leino because Babcock will probably play Kopecky in game1 and on? OK, that's perfectly fine.

But this is discussion forum, no one thinks they know better than Babcock, Holland and co., but you can still post your own opinion, and that opinion does not have to be identical to Babcock's or anyone's.

From what I've seen I would say Leino is more valuable than Kopecky and it's not even close, that's my opinion and that's it.

Who would you play if YOU were Babcock?

And don't worry I am not stupid enough to think Babcock goes to LGW.com for advice :lol:

Did I say it wasn't a discussion forum? I know it is your opinion.

I'd play Leino over Maltby at least. But I'm not the coach, and it's not my decision. Whatever he goes with, I trust him.

http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index.ssf/20...ffins_vill.html

GRAND RAPIDS -- Grand Rapids Griffins forward Ville Leino was recalled by the parent club Detroit Red Wings on Wednesday morning.

Leino was called up as a precautionary measure after Dan Cleary was injured in practice Tuesday. Cleary is listed as day-to-day, and his Game 1 status will be determined after Thursday's morning skate.

So there's a chance Leino still could play in the Griffins' first-round series at Hamilton.

Leino appeared in 13 regular-season games for the Red Wings this season, and had five goals and four assists.

In 57 games with the Griffins, Leino had 15 goals and 31 assists.

I would rather see Leino in in place of Kopecky or Maltby, and not due to an injury, especially to Cleary. Say what you want about his play this year, but Cleary has an important role on this team.

I wouldn't because I trust the previous too far more on the penalty kill than leino who wouldn't play on it.. Sit Kopy maybe,but he is really the only guy outside of Kronner who plays physical.

i'd take leino over maltby, kopecky, cleary or even draper with his -13 on the year! he's got tons of skill that could put the wings in the category of "too much to handle offensively"... imagine the skill ALL the lines with the addition of leino. meanwhile helm hits everything on the ice and his forechecking will give his linemates scoring chances.