• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MannyK

VERSUS Playoff Games

Rate this topic

does anyone know how VERSUS is planning to show the Detroit Red Wings vs. the Columbus Blue Jackets at 7:00pm EST and then the Chicago Blackhawks vs. the Calgary Flames at 8:30pm EST?

thanks!

last year they had a rangers game on and after it ended they joined the wings in progress.

Right. I remember two seasons ago they joined a Wings-Flames game in progress in Calgary about 3-4 minutes into the game. Versus covers the playoffs pretty extensively with multiple games on the same night so for better/worse, these things will probably happen regardless of the team.

I'm guessing they'll show the Wings-Jackets game in full since it is first then go to their 2nd game in the Blackhawks (?) I'm assuming.

My best advice to plan ahead, watch it on Fox Sports Detroit if you can or find an online stream.

Or you can just go to the game. Oh there are still plenty of tickets left. I guess you can just leave more tickets for us Jacket backers.

GO JACKETS!

Don't quote me on this, but I think this will affect the Blackhawks and Calgary fans that don't get local programming rather than the Wings or Blue Jackets fans. IIRC, they'll play the Wings/BJ's game in entirety and then cut to the Blackhawks/Flames game at the conclusion.

Just imagine if the Wings game goes to OT. :o No viewing outside of the local area for CHI/CAL fans.

Or you can just go to the game. Oh there are still plenty of tickets left. I guess you can just leave more tickets for us Jacket backers.

GO JACKETS!

It's a product of making the playoffs for 18 consecutive seasons compared to the 1 time Columbus has made it. Also, not everyone has the disposable income to purchase the tickets. Look at years past, the Joe was always sold out for the playoffs. I invite you to buy some tickets and come watch your team lose.

It's nice to be on the good end of that one for once--last year for the Avs series and I think for a couple games of the Preds series too, we were the "late" game (in quotes because it started at 8:30 or 9), joined in progress after the early game was over.

I would've been more upset if that was a competitive series with Colorado :)

It's a product of making the playoffs for 18 consecutive seasons compared to the 1 time Columbus has made it. Also, not everyone has the disposable income to purchase the tickets. Look at years past, the Joe was always sold out for the playoffs. I invite you to buy some tickets and come watch your team lose.

...and unlike the BJs, the Wings have a national following. Actually, screw "national," we have several Europeans on this site alone. They might care about the TV schedule. I dare you to find 5 BJs fans that are even out of state.