• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jersey Wing

Does anyone else here put up a shrine?

Rate this topic

I have little quirks associated with it. There is a death card out front that my squeaky octopus "Al" (Yeah, original I know) sits on between game days. It doesn't have to be a current player on the team the Wings are playing, just a former player is fine but the team matters. Wings score, goal light comes on, Al gets squeeked, death card gets stepped on.

It entails hockey cards collected from long ago, old playoff ticket stubs, bobble heads, pom poms from the Joe and other little chachkis. Each round it gets bigger with a few more items (Wife loves that). If the Wings lose two in a row certain player cards who aren't playing well get turned around.

I'm nothing if not superstitous. So, does anybody else have a shrine this time of year?

Last year, first round vs Nashville, by June it was huge....

3445083782_64b5400a6e.jpg

I have a year round Wings shrine in the basement. I have the wings Mcfarlane figures, A few autographs(one with Hull, Datsyuk and Zetterberg and one with Lidstrom and Draper). Then I have a couple pennants. A Red Wings Clock I made in wood shop back in high school. A Red Wings logo made for me by a friend, a playoff towel from last year. I add to it whenever I get the chance.

Guest Shoreline

That's a nice little collection there, but I'm like the anti-collection person. I couldn't possibly have all that junk lying around in my place unless it were put to use, like my jerseys.

When I do, they lose. I think it is that whole ten commandments no idols thingy. I don't push it.

I thank god for giving me one consistant thing I love in live in the Wings and make sure I don't confuse who gets the props.

You know except for when i call Holland god for his godlike feats. <------- lowercase g makes it all okay.

Already have a ton of Wings merch all around the room, only thing I do separately is set up a little glowing Wings mini monument/statue on top of my TV and occasionally turn it on when we need a rally.

I have about 10 Red Wing bobble heads in my room that get rearranged when the team starts doing bad in the post season. The good players move up and the bad ones head to the back. When I was younger my mom rearranged them while dusting my room and the wings lost that round. Never again was she allowed to touch them.

Starting during the 07-08 season, (when I wasn't wearing it) I would put my Red Wings hat that I wore during games on a catalog that had a picture of Nick Lidstrom on the cover. During the playoffs I just left the hat there, afraid to disturb the mojo. When they won the Cup I replaced the hat with a Burger King crown. Hahahahaha. Besides that, the joke in my house is that "hockey exploded". We have pom pons, pictures, cards and clothes everywhere.