• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Bill Clement at it again

Rate this topic

Guest MrSandMan

I certainly hope Wings don't come out flat. They've been flat for the past month. That being said, this is my opinion, Babcock has rattled more urgency from this team than Bowman did in some of the past first round games.

I'm not a stat junkie, but has Babcock ever experienced a 1st round upset when coaching the Red Wings?

Guest MrSandMan

I certainly hope Wings don't come out flat. They've been flat for the past month. That being said, this is my opinion, Babcock has rattled more urgency from this team than Bowman did in some of the past first round games.

I'm not a stat junkie, but has Babcock ever experienced a 1st round upset when coaching the Red Wings?

EDIT: Babcock and the Wings had a 1st round upset in 05-06 against the Oilers (and the Oilers rallied on to the Finals and were beat in 7 by Carolina Hurricanes)

Edited by MrSandMan

He talks about the '06 Red Wings like they were the only #1 seed to ever lose to a #8 seed. Get over it Clement, that was '06, this is '09. We don't have Leagace between the pipes to collapse on us. Also, the critics always bring up the '06 Wings. Always, every year.

Edited by Mike

As much as I am not a fan of the guy the upset chance has me worried.

From something like 1997 - 2007 one of the #2 seeds (in the east of west) was upset each year by the #7 seed. It is a cause for concern and our boys better not take any chances. (read this on kuklas)

I should add that the fact that Clement claims that Hitchcock is the best coash in the NHL playoffs marks him for a know nothing fool. Hitchcock is a great coach but he has not won the cup in a long time. Just some food for thought.

Edited by zaxx

Bill Clement picked the Wings to win the cup in '06 when we lost in the first round to Edmonton, when everyone was expecting us to choke yet again. He was actually the only television analyst I recall picking us that year which I personally watched. So 1. He doesn't have some secret agenda to put down the Wings, and 2. He's inaccurate, don't worry its just one opinion and it isn't like we don't have a semi recent history of flubbing in the 1st round against a hot goalie and last I checked Columbus has a pretty good guy between the pipes on their end.

Guest Shoreline
Am I the only one whose eyes start to glaze over every time he opens his mouth?

Bulls*** + coffee breath = hawt.

Well, he did pick against the Pittsburgh Crosbys so I think it's more a rejection of consensus rather than the Wings. I think both these teams will make it all the way so I guess you could say he's just trying to spite me.

hey forumites!!! Do you have to be ultratouchy about everything not according to your taste?

Last checked, it is not a crime to pick somebody but Red Wings, rrrright????

Doubters have every right to doubt 'til proved otherwise. Thats why they play games.

Im just suprised he didnt pick the Avs to win it all.

I know they didnt make the playoffs, but when has reality ever stopped this chode before?

Too funny!! :thumbup:

Well Clement does have some valid points; wouldn't surprise me 1 bit if the Wings come out flat, & lose to the BJ's <_<

It's always great to throw out some BS comment just in case it happens we can use the ole' "I told you so".