• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

vladyfan

Center Ice tonight?

Rate this topic

What is up that there are NO Center Ice games??? I can't get th Caps/Rangers game. I have spent 20 minutes on the phone with the cable co. and they tell me that Center Ice does not cover the playoffs. They always did, has anyone else had problems???? I live in Findlay, Ohio.

Im watching too.... I have the canes devils game and the caps rags game.. on center ice with direct tv...

Thanks. I finally got off the phone. The woman (the SECOND ONE) I talked to, said that the Columbus, Ohio TIme Warner is 'having issues' with Center Ice. My guess is that Findlay got lumped in too. The FIRST woman I talked to tried to tell me that I needed a 'playoff subscription'.

It's odd but it happens every season where the timing of the games etc don't show up on your cable electronic guide but the games are in fact there. I don't know if you're just not getting them at all because you've checked the channels but I had both games tonight on Center ice they were on 703-704.

For some reason every year they tend to lag on updating the guide immediately. Just like the versus stations and the NHL Network stations hadn't updated any of the games for today at all during the week until around 1pm PST... I check every day to see what shows up.

Yeah it wasn't showing up on the digital guide for me, nor was it in the daily email I get from indemand. Turned it on one of the channels that nothing was on and got the channels.

Everything worked just fine, although the channel guide was only partially updated (Directv). Also, the Devils/Canes game had an HD feed listed, but then it didn't work when I tried it.

I'm a little surprised that there isn't any multi-game channel....you know, so we can watch 3 or 4 games at once, like they do for the MLB package?

Yeah it wasn't showing up on the digital guide for me, nor was it in the daily email I get from indemand. Turned it on one of the channels that nothing was on and got the channels.

The games weren't showing up on the guide on the cable box for me either, but when I switched to one of the channels that would normall show them, it had the schedule for the two games tonight. All was well here in SD.

The Center Ice is good and bad for me right now on my cable provider. The good is that Center Ice and MLB extra innings share the same channel sets. So, I get extra innings for free until the first two rounds of the playoffs are over. The bad part is there is only one HD channel for the subscriptions, so the HD channel has now been taken over by baseball. I am sure it all has to do with scheduling, but you think someone with a brain would realize that playoff games are more important.

I want direct tv, and am unable to get it at this time...

Guest Shoreline

Jacqui is right, it showed "To Be Announced" on my guide when in fact it was the Devils/Canes and Caps/Rangers games. Just gotta check for yourself.

I had similar problems where I used to live in the New Orleans area with Cox Communications three seasons ago. One or two playoff games wouldn't show with NHL Center Ice for whatever reason.

Last two years weren't a concern since all Wings games were either on Versus or NBC thankfully.

I moved to an area last April with a different cable provider, Charter, and this thread made me do some checking again. I didn't get home tonight until around the beginning of the Vancouver-St. Louis so I didn't know if Center Ice was messing up or not but I just checked the channels and they were showing replays of Washington/New York and New Jersey/Carolina, so I got to assume they showed like normal earlier tonight. Hopefully this is the case tomorrow.

The major issue with this is if you decide to go record it...you have to wait until the MORNING of and check the "1" center ice station that provides the listing of the games, then you have to go figure out which time block to record because it's not changing - had to do this last year too... it's ridiculous.

It was finally 'fixed' and the games were on just long enough for me to see the stars of the game. It was a screw up on there end... there better not be any when the Wings are not on National tv.... I don't get fox sports detroit. I am just hoping fox sports ohio will cover.

Even though our Fox Detroit channels list tonight's game, I'm wondering if we'll get them here on Directv in Texas. Especially since it's also on Versus. OH, I hope so.....

Didn't somebody here say that Versus doesn't have an exclusive on this series, or is that wishful remembering?

I thought the same ,go to NHL center ice/ in demand then insert your zip code and click on your carrier then it gives you the your times and the channel #, all my guide said last night was MBL/NHL center ice.

Edited by whitewolf406

Center Ice is working on Dish. Had all the games last night. The only problem so far is that the channel schedule is not coming out very far in advance. Hope they get it fixed for you. If not I would keep calling and tell them you want a credit on your bill because you paid to see the games and they are not being shown.

Here's the latest from my guide on DISH for tonite:

2 feeds for each of the games EXCEPT ours which leads me to believe VS has exclusivity of our game. No FSN listings for our game - 626 shows our game only on VS 151 (tho I get 430 so its all good).

Gotta love the LA Times TV listing for VS tonite:

4:00 - US

6:30 - CGY/CHI (joined in progress)

8:00 - SJ/ANH (joined in progress tho will be blacked out due to local Dux feed).

Everything worked just fine, although the channel guide was only partially updated (Directv). Also, the Devils/Canes game had an HD feed listed, but then it didn't work when I tried it.

I'm a little surprised that there isn't any multi-game channel....you know, so we can watch 3 or 4 games at once, like they do for the MLB package?

i used to get that never watched it though, i guess it ahs been replaced by suckball now