• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest E_S_A_D

The Buzz is Gone in Hockeytown (W/ Article)

Rate this topic

The Wings have to have the worst seat colors in the NHL. The red back with the cream colored bottom when empty shows up like a beacon on TV. Look at other arenas and theres empty lower bowl seats. As many as in Detroit. But the color scheme doesnt show up on TV like the red does. Blue seats barely show up at all when empty.

This doesnt explain everything but check it out next time your watching a game. I noticed this last season when everyone was on Detroit about empty seats.

honestly the best post i have read about the empty seats situation.. so TRUE!!! other teams have the grey/black or blue and when those are empty they do not look the same as RED that's for sure.

honestly the best post i have read about the empty seats situation.. so TRUE!!! other teams have the grey/black or blue and when those are empty they do not look the same as RED that's for sure.

For the Wings, wouldn't it be more noticeable if they had set colors that were a strong contrast to their jesey colors? Red seats blend in more with the red and while that most of the fans wear, while blue or black seats would probably stand out more.

For the Wings, wouldn't it be more noticeable if they had set colors that were a strong contrast to their jesey colors? Red seats blend in more with the red and while that most of the fans wear, while blue or black seats would probably stand out more.

It really is noticable. Look at other arenas. You have to really look for the empty seats, while in the Joe you can spot one empty in an entire crowd.

Guest E_S_A_D
It really is noticable. Look at other arenas. You have to really look for the empty seats, while in the Joe you can spot one empty in an entire crowd.

I agree. They stand out glaringly so. Especially when fans all wear white.

We in Philly watch those games on Tv and are amazed that the whole lower ring of the Joe is empty. We wonder what the reason is . . . .

Some of us feel that you all are trendsetters and are boycotting because of what the league has become . . .

Edited by Bobby16

We in Philly watch those games on Tv and are amazed that the whole lower ring of the Joe is empty. We wonder what the reason is . . . .

Some of us feel that you all our trendsetters and are boycotting because of what the league has become . . .

I just found out i am going to disney world in the end of august so now i am not going to a single playoff game to use the money that would have been THREE playoff games to go a week in Florida... Thats my reasoning for not being there :D

Those jokes no longer apply since you elected a genius in 2000 and then re-elected him in 2004.

Who elected a genius? not me... my vote hasnt gone to a winner of the elections since bill clinton. H.Ross Perot baby!

Edited by OsGOD

I've been to 5 or 6 Wings games this year (Thank you Mr. Illitch for 15$ student tickets). While I was sitting between 2 groups of people by myself, It was well worth it, not to mention FREE parking at the Greektown lot. If anything I would save up my money so buy a ticket or two for the Finals (if they make it) instead of going in the 1st or 2nd round. Others may view this differently, but being a college student, my level of dispoable income is low. Anyone know if they will have discounted SCF tickets? :P

I just looked at my tickets for tomorrow (purchased by a friend, not me) and realized that we are two rows from the ice. The tickets were 120, so I was surprised that they were so cheap, really. I know that is a LOT of money, and I would not have paid that much myself, but I was still pleasantly surprised.

I am not sure about the game selling out or not. What I am sure of is being in attendance at GM 1, Hockeytown has anything but lost it's buzz. We may not sell out but the arena was packed. Also I am not sure but doesn't the Joe pack in more fans than most Arena's? I know that I seen hardcore fan's painted up and waling around in tights. I seen hardcore fans in a nice wings Tee. All equally as loud. From the Mason chants, let's go wings, to Ozzy the arena was loud and on fire. Yes there were few Columbus fans there but don't give them to much credit, there was not a lot of them and the fans that came were rightfully booed and jeered at every turn. Not in a rude way just a competetive way. I guess I am just a little sick and tired of hearing this s***. Is this that same chick that said the Wings fans were s*** on a Pitt tv station?

Chicago was a buzz with Wings pride on saturday... w00t! that was a blast doing the LETS GO RED WINGS and OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE chants in the streets of chicago after we watched an ass kicking :D

What saddens me is that bars accross Michigan will be packed to watch the game tonight. Fans want to feel a part of it regardless. They cannot do so; however, by going to the game because ticket prices are so high.

Clearly there's only one solution: trade Illitch.

GETTER DONE KEN