• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
evilmrt

Tonight's game on VS

Rate this topic

Is anyone trying to watch Versus-HD only to find that everything is squished? Or am I the only one?

Anyway, for anyone having the same problem, I just used the p.size feature on my Samsung hdtv and set it to "wide-fit" and it MOSTLY fixed the problem. Some idiot at VS hit the wrong button and they're broadcasting 4:3 (square) HD. lol.

Have fun with FSN, everyone back home!

Is anyone trying to watch Versus-HD only to find that everything is squished? Or am I the only one?

Anyway, for anyone having the same problem, I just used the p.size feature on my Samsung hdtv and set it to "wide-fit" and it MOSTLY fixed the problem. Some idiot at VS hit the wrong button and they're broadcasting 4:3 (square) HD. lol.

Have fun with FSN, everyone back home!

I just had my SECOND nasty phone call to Time Warner Cable.... I was on the phone last night because there was no Center Ice... tonight, came home... no SOUND for the versus hd. So I go to regular HD, no sound. Pretty soon no picture. Then we will be back sign... then..... GET THIS>>>>>>>>> some damn wrestling or fighting show! Thank GOD we have Fox Sports Ohio!!!

I am in Findlay, Ohio.

I just had my SECOND nasty phone call to Time Warner Cable.... I was on the phone last night because there was no Center Ice... tonight, came home... no SOUND for the versus hd. So I go to regular HD, no sound. Pretty soon no picture. Then we will be back sign... then..... GET THIS>>>>>>>>> some damn wrestling or fighting show! Thank GOD we have Fox Sports Ohio!!!

I am in Findlay, Ohio.

i here ya man i was glad i could watch on VS cause i HATE HATE HATE FSN ohio

first comment about osgood

"osgood who looked bad in the pregame skate"

WTF???

was that neccasary

least Osgood has been very solid (knock on wood) so far

but GOD i hate their announcers and i HATE OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]

I am in Findlay, Ohio.

Thank God? Yeah, I LOVE listening to these complete tools. Versus is blacked out for me because I'm local to FS-Ohio. I'm guessing the same thing is true for you, which is why you have wrestling or MMA or whatever on there. Mine just has a message on the screen, but I'm guessing that kind of stuff is set by the provider.

I was excited because I thought I'd at least avoid the drooling idiots for games 1, 3, 5 and 7, but now I'm thinking I'm stuck for the duration.

To be fair, we watch a TON of games, and the Columbus announcers are not that bad. Sure, they talk up their team, but they are not like Nashville or some of those horrible teams. With Center Ice, I have seen about all of it, and understand how GOOD announcers should be.

GO WINGS!

To be fair, we watch a TON of games, and the Columbus announcers are not that bad. Sure, they talk up their team, but they are not like Nashville or some of those horrible teams. With Center Ice, I have seen about all of it, and understand how GOOD announcers should be.

GO WINGS!

Respectfully disagree, IMO Nashville and Columbus stand alone as the worst.

Right as I type that, drooling idiots take a dump on our fans for leaving early. "You'd never see that at Nationwide with a 4-1 lead!"

i here ya man i was glad i could watch on VS cause i HATE HATE HATE FSN ohio

first comment about osgood

"osgood who looked bad in the pregame skate"

WTF???

was that neccasary

least Osgood has been very solid (knock on wood) so far

but GOD i hate their announcers and i HATE OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =]

I feel you man. Those guys are bad. I can't stand listening to them. I was happy about the comment about Osgood in pre-game. I knew right then he was going to play a great game. It's a shame the Danny Gare (color analyst) was a former captain of this great team.

It's a shame the Danny Gare (color analyst) was a former captain of this great team.

Yep, the answer to a Wings trivia question as the captain immediately before Yzerman. He interviewed Stevie during the 1st intermission, and I said to my gf "can you believe they were teammates?" She was like "what, really?"

I feel you man. Those guys are bad. I can't stand listening to them. I was happy about the comment about Osgood in pre-game. I knew right then he was going to play a great game. It's a shame the Danny Gare (color analyst) was a former captain of this great team.

it is sad to see a former wing join that god aweful crew of announcers there

its just terrible watching a game there

obviously id much rather watch on FSN ohio than not watch but still versus would be so much better

If you have a local feed like Fox Sports Ohio, you are not going to get the national game on Versus.

Oh really? Then why was the game on here on both FSD and Vs? But the strangest thing was that on Uverse, they had the regular Wings coverage with Redmond and Daniels on FSD-SD but, on FSD-HD, they were showing the Fox Sports Ohio coverage with Reimer and Gare.

After thinking about it a little, I think it's always the newer markets that go over the top with the homerishness. Why? Because they're trying to sell the team in an area still deciding whether they want to buy.

I had this epiphany during the 3rd period, when all those guys said was basically:

1. The Jackets took it to the Wings early.

2. Hitch is a great coach and will make adjustments.

3. All we need is a split in Detroit and we'll have done what we need to do.

4. Rinse and repeat about 17 times.

The translation to all that is "please, please, please tune in on Saturday...and buy tickets for games 3 and 4 while you're at it." More established teams do stuff like that too, but the newer ones take it to another level.