• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Drake_Marcus

Dear Chris Osgood,

Rate this topic

Not all of us gave up on the guy. <_<

I didn't give up on him either- most fans didn't full out give up. We just had some doubts based on his play this season that he could switch it on and be kick ass all of the sudden. He showed us at the end of the season that he was capable of turning it up, but man oh man- he didn't even hit that he could just explode into the kind of performance he had in the first period tonight.

Ozzie was unbelievable in the first. Chris was the only reason it was 0-0 after 20 mins.

Yes he was, that pull and drag move in the 1st period I thought was a sure goal, he'll get one in Game 2 for sure, and even if he doesnt he'll still be a defensive beast, much like tonight!

Hey, speaking of guys in signatures playing great, Ericsson was fantastic tonight! :thumbup:

Yeah... I was definitely pumped that he got the game winner :)

You should've heard me shout "f*** YEAH!" when Ericsson scored :P

Thanks. 95.2% save percentage and 1 GA? Yes sir.

May we please have some more of your awesome home cooking?

Somehow I sense the Ozzy doubters in the media will be surprisingly silent tomorrow morning :D

Keep up the great work,

Marcus

Time to give our boys some praise!

Oinkers. We missed you. :yowza:

Fixed that for you. Most of us backed Ozzie and weren't suggesting this team won't win with him.

haha :) I actually was one of the people who didn't completely give up on him. But looking overall on the board most people at some point or another said Conklin/Howard/Larsson/McCollum/Chris Chelios should be the starter.

Oinkers. We missed you. :yowza:

Yeah- I'm banned because I refused to take MD's constant sexual harassment (and after her constant provocation followed by 10 min bans I stood up for myself and told her off... leading to a permanent ban :rolleyes: ).

It's all good- now that the Wings won while I was banned my OCD demands the ban remain in place until either the Wings lose a game or the playoffs end with a 16-0 Wings record. :D

I missed you guys and girls too, though. Although skipping all the disgusting comments from MD was a nice treat.

Game ones are big, we didn't play perfect d and Ozzie was there to save us and I think that is what a lot of people were worried about. He didn't let in a soft goal and was really sharp in the first. If our D didn't give up that puck it would have been a shutout and not too much Ozzie could have done on that one. It is a relief to see Chris play at that level, which most of us were expecting all year. Nice job Osgood, keep it up

We really ought to save the dishing of crow for if we win the Stanley Cup. I'm not doubting Chris's abilities, but a lot can happen between now and then.

Let the record show: no crow for me. If anyone thinks Ozzie hasn't proven himself or his loyalty to the Wings over the past decade or so, and earned our confidence even with a few stumbles here and there, then in your eyes he never, ever will.

Congrats to Osgood on a great game, but people, get a grip. It's one game. I'm not gonna bash Osgood, but get a grip. One game.

This. 15 more of these games, as we repeat. But...

I think you guys are missing the point of this thread (especially RedWingAbner). The point was to give Ozzy a virtual pat on the back for his fantastic play tonight. NOT to say "OMG I'm so sorry I doubted you Ozzy! We're definitely winning the Cup now!". And of course, it wasn't intended to give a certain ******-canoe (who wasn't quoted above) a chance to yap about bandwagon bs and fling mud.

Once again- a great performance by Ozzy that I sincerely hope he follows up with another 15 wins before the playoffs end.

Congrats to Osgood on a great game, but people, get a grip. It's one game. I'm not gonna bash Osgood, but get a grip. One game.

Thing is it was the type of game a lot of people on this board said he would never have again. The rest of us were fearing those people were right.

I know it is only one game but it shows the potential Osgood has that we didn't get to see in the regular season. Just let everyone enjoy it for now.

I heart Ozzie tonight.

If this keeps up, someone should prepare a sign: "Osgood: I apologize"

I think we could fill the Joe with those signs and it wouldn't be enough if he manages to pull this one out and go all the way.

Thing is it was the type of game a lot of people on this board said he would never have again. The rest of us were fearing those people were right.

I know it is only one game but it shows the potential Osgood has that we didn't get to see in the regular season. Just let everyone enjoy it for now.

If Ranford could do it twice, Osgood can do it. I'm not bashing Osgood, but again, it's just one game.

Ye of little faith. Next time you guys(most not all of you) keep your mouth shut then you won't have to worry about eating crow. Just have a little faith in your team.

Congratulating a player on a job well done isn't eating crow, at least it isn't for me. I didn't write Ozzy off, but you'd have to be mentally impaired to say you didn't harbor even a single, small doubt about Ozzy walking into the playoffs based on his play this year. Ozzy played the best season of his career last year and the worst of his career this year. Does that mean I thought he couldn't turn in a great performance tonight? Hell no. It just means I was sitting there praying he'd play like he did in the playoffs last year and not like he did for 95% of the regular season this year.

There are far to many people claiming the guy across the room is an extreme fan that hates/loves the team blindly, all the while spouting the opposite brand of blind posturing.

"Have a little faith"? Apparently that means blindly assuming everything is 100% perfect and not using your critical thinking skills is somehow the smart move?!? Bulls***.

Enough of this black and white horses***.

Edit: I'm not just talking about you Wingnut. If you read all the posts in this thread you'll find that too many of them are bulls*** posturing, mud slinging and inane drawing the line in the sand.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Speaking of tonight, and the man in your signature. Hossa was a beast tonight! It was weird that he didn't get a point, but he was definitely trailing a pair of exasperated defensemen behind him all night.

When its all said and done, these playoffs will have a huge factor on Hossa. I think he will continue to be a beast and play like he has to carry the team on his back.

Ozzy, when all said and done should have the pundits eating Bernie! I wonder what people would be saying if Ozzy had a carrer year after winning last year? I think that could be a curse, a little adversity never hurt this team. Well, actually, it did in 95, but never the less.......I love playing best of 5's!!!