• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

Ovie kicked out of practice... The NYR's, that is.

Rate this topic

Guest Four

Lmao I knew this would be here when!

Really funny, and a nice mind trick. Too bad he wasn't wearing anything that would throw them off guard.

The quotes from TSN are the best. :lol:

One of the Rangers' trainers complained to the Capitals, who had a public relations staff member ask Ovechkin to exit the rink. According to the PR man, Ovechkin was just looking for a place to relax.

That wasn't the story from Ovechkin himself, though, who joked that he sat in on Rangers practice to "tick off" head coach John Tortorella.

According to espn.com, Tortorella said afterwards he didn't even know Ovechkin was at the practice, saying, "Ask me a question about the game, not that [expletive]."

Ovechkin was asked why the Rangers wanted his removal, joking, "Because they're afraid of me."

Tortorella cursing while being interviewed by a reporter? Wouldn't have believed it until I read it, stay classy John.... Very funny of AO by the way.

Edited by ManLuv4Clears

The quotes from TSN are the best. :lol:

LoL, while pavel is funny, I kinda wish he was more funny like OVY in a snobby stuck up way....its not bad because ovy is joking but it's hilarious. I've actually met ovechkin while wearing my datsyuk jersey and I asked him for an autograph. He goes sure, turn around and I gave him the ticket I had to the wings/caps game , he used my back to sign and he jokingly says "There, i fixed your jersey for you" and he had stuck a piece of paper over datsyuk's name that said "DatsVechkin" LoL and then handed me the signed ticket stub. Truly truly a nice, funny guy.

I've got vague memories of him and Datsyuk doing an interview together (Olympics? All Star game?) where he was going off on all sorts of tangents and Pavel was playing, for the most part, the straight guy in a discussion that was absolutely hilarious.

Genuine Question:

What is funny about it?

My first reaction:

Here is a team leader whose team is down 0-2 to a lower seed and just got handled twice in his own building, disrupting another team's practice. AO can't get in the press by scoring, so now he does it by being a nuisance? I don't see it. Please explain it to me.

He is one of my favorite players and usually I like everything he does. This one, I don't get.