• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#1 hoogs

hoogs

3rd Line Checker

• Silver Booster
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 06:53 AM

Did you guys see this last night? I think the league should suspend him one game for that, it just can't be allowed. It was an obvious cheap shot at that end of the game.

Avery Punches Varlamov

Edited by hoogs, 21 April 2009 - 06:55 AM.

#2 IDLE19

IDLE19

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:05 AM

what a ******. kick that idiot out of the league.

#3 SoDakWing

SoDakWing

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:12 AM

thats only one of two punches he threw to an unsuspecting Capital.

He's a joke and the league needs to atleast suspend him a game like they have been doing to the other guys.

I'd like to see him out of the NHL. Give him to the KHL him and Emery would get along GREAT!

#4 henrik40

henrik40

Lebda Sucks

• PipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:16 AM

There's a difference between mixing it up during a game and this punk's antics. Anyone who attempts to defend this just doesn't get it. There's no place for this in hockey, something needs to be done with Avery. I can't wait til he's gone from the league. You can tell Tortorella probably ripped him a new one after the game from the look on Tort's face.

#5 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:17 AM

so what about the cross check he took right before that? did you miss that one?
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#6 mariah

mariah

Draper Love

• Silver Booster
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:22 AM

He's a joke ! Sooner or later karma will catch up with him and it will be very bad . punch.gif

#7 Inultus

Inultus

Slush ****

• PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:27 AM

If I were the Caps I'd be hoping he doesn't get suspended.

0 points, -1 +/- and 20 PIM in the playoffs. He's a total liability to his team.

Moron.
"It's been six years since we won the Cup. That's too long." -Nick Lidstrom

"my message is simple: The next time anyone runs any of our guys in a way that shouldn't be done, then a message will be sent. I'm not going to go out and run your skill guys, your superstars. I'm going to go right to the guy (who did it), and fair justice is fair justice." -Downey

#8 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:34 AM

what a loser!

#9 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:36 AM

Someone got punched in the face in AN ICE HOCKEY GAME!?

OMGz suspend the entire league pending further investigation.

Edited by uk_redwing, 21 April 2009 - 07:37 AM.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#10 Mors

Mors

The Red Death

• HoF Booster
  • 1,995 posts

Awesome, the Rangers need to finish off the Caps quickly.

#11 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

This kind of crap happens all the time. If Avery needs to go then there should be a long list of others that should have been gone long ago. Pronger, Tootoo....man, the list would be huge. This crap happens ALL the time. His antics are annoying, but not serious. Bertuzzi. Claudia Las***. Marchant (when he used to aim for knees). Tootoo (tell me that 22 is not much more cheap than Avery. go ahead...try and tell me that). Gordie Howe ( he was a total bastard). Maltby gives some cheap shots every once in a while too. It's just because it's Avery.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS, 21 April 2009 - 07:37 AM.

half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/

#12 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,524 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (HOCKEY MATTERS @ April 21, 2009 - 07:36AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This kind of crap happens all the time. If Avery needs to go then there should be a long list of others that should have been gone long ago. Pronger, Tootoo....man, the list would be huge. This crap happens ALL the time. His antics are annoying, but not serious. Bertuzzi. Claudia Las***. Marchant (when he used to aim for knees). Tootoo (tell me that 22 is not much more cheap than Avery. go ahead...try and tell me that). Gordie Howe ( he was a total bastard). Maltby gives some cheap shots every once in a while too. It's just because it's Avery.

what gets me is the cross check to his chest is getting missed..no one is talking about that.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#13 shannyfan1414

shannyfan1414

We will miss you Shanny!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ April 21, 2009 - 08:17AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so what about the cross check he took right before that? did you miss that one?

The cross check is part of the game especially around the net. Just ask Homer. Yes there probably should have been a call made it on it by you can't call them all. Big part of why it wasn't called was probably because of the reputation that Avery has. Kind of like when goals get called off because Homer is in the area of the net.

Avery is trash. But i have to say that it is fun watching the stupid things that he does.

Keep it up Avery, at least then the Caps have a better chance of coming back in this series

Thanks TeeMan

#14 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:44 AM

Wait, I just watch the video. You're all kicking up a fuss over that? f***s sake. A love tap to a fully caged goalie? Not exactly gonna kill him.

Jesus...not everyone is a soft as Franzen.

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#15 Yzermaniacs

Yzermaniacs

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:49 AM

Hockey is entertainment just like all the other sports, and I find it entertaining whenever clowns like Avery are on the ice. It gives the NHL more media coverage on crap stations like ESPN that only show the most entertaining highlights, so I say let him continue with it all.

#16 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:51 AM

It's sad how soft the NHL is coming. You can't even facewash a goalie. Varlamov didn't seem too upset about it, why are you? This is hockey, if you don't want physicality, go play croquet.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#17 E_S_A_D

E_S_A_D

“Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocritie

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 07:55 AM

Oh please, it's Stanley Cup Playoffs, you'd suspend him over this? Nothing new here, move on...

I like a man who grins when he fights. ---Sir Winston Churchill

#18 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:06 AM

Wait a minute, Detroit's own Bobby Probert had a fun little habit of running the opponent's goalie every chance he got, throwing elbows at them, etc, and people are upset over this? It's nothing. Call it 2 for roughing and move on.

I hate avery, loathe him - but let's be reasonable. A punch is just a punch. Darren McCarty laid a much bigger sucker punch on an unsustpecting Claude Lemiuex, I don't recall any Wings fans calling for him to be suspended for that.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#19 ManLuv4Clears

ManLuv4Clears

Tough As Nails

• Gold Booster
  • 594 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (uk_redwing @ April 21, 2009 - 08:44AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait, I just watch the video. You're all kicking up a fuss over that? f***s sake. A love tap to a fully caged goalie? Not exactly gonna kill him.

Jesus...not everyone is a soft as Franzen.

Exactly, how pussified is this sport and it's fans becoming? A skating away face wash to a goalie with is mask on constitutes a "punch" now. I was expecting much more when I clicked on the video. Now I just wasted a minute of my life. People are just throwing a fit because it's Avery and he has a target on his back.

Edited by ManLuv4Clears, 21 April 2009 - 08:11 AM.

#20 HOCKEY MATTERS

HOCKEY MATTERS

Nearly invisible now........you smell that?

• HoF Booster
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:12 AM

Some people just need to get out more. Get out in public, out of their living room, off their rocker, and watch some Wings playoff with other, more deranged fans. Bring some life into your playoff experience. Come to an LGW gathering (shameless plug, but "you know you want to"). We'll get you thinking straight. You need to understand correctly what Avery is, and is not. We can help.
half the world is nuts...and the other half is crazy
"You can't chew yesterdays' breakfast." Jim Leyland
Drawing on my fine command of language, I said nothing.

Alternative to Google tracking you.... http://duckduckgo.com/