• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

hoogs

Avery punches Varlamov in face

Rate this topic

Did you guys see this last night? I think the league should suspend him one game for that, it just can't be allowed. It was an obvious cheap shot at that end of the game.

Edited by hoogs

thats only one of two punches he threw to an unsuspecting Capital.

He's a joke and the league needs to atleast suspend him a game like they have been doing to the other guys.

I'd like to see him out of the NHL. Give him to the KHL him and Emery would get along GREAT!

There's a difference between mixing it up during a game and this punk's antics. Anyone who attempts to defend this just doesn't get it. There's no place for this in hockey, something needs to be done with Avery. I can't wait til he's gone from the league. You can tell Tortorella probably ripped him a new one after the game from the look on Tort's face.

This kind of crap happens all the time. If Avery needs to go then there should be a long list of others that should have been gone long ago. Pronger, Tootoo....man, the list would be huge. This crap happens ALL the time. His antics are annoying, but not serious. Bertuzzi. Claudia Las***. Marchant (when he used to aim for knees). Tootoo (tell me that 22 is not much more cheap than Avery. go ahead...try and tell me that). Gordie Howe ( he was a total bastard). Maltby gives some cheap shots every once in a while too. It's just because it's Avery.

Edited by HOCKEY MATTERS

This kind of crap happens all the time. If Avery needs to go then there should be a long list of others that should have been gone long ago. Pronger, Tootoo....man, the list would be huge. This crap happens ALL the time. His antics are annoying, but not serious. Bertuzzi. Claudia Las***. Marchant (when he used to aim for knees). Tootoo (tell me that 22 is not much more cheap than Avery. go ahead...try and tell me that). Gordie Howe ( he was a total bastard). Maltby gives some cheap shots every once in a while too. It's just because it's Avery.

what gets me is the cross check to his chest is getting missed..no one is talking about that.

so what about the cross check he took right before that? did you miss that one?

The cross check is part of the game especially around the net. Just ask Homer. Yes there probably should have been a call made it on it by you can't call them all. Big part of why it wasn't called was probably because of the reputation that Avery has. Kind of like when goals get called off because Homer is in the area of the net.

Avery is trash. But i have to say that it is fun watching the stupid things that he does.

Keep it up Avery, at least then the Caps have a better chance of coming back in this series

Hockey is entertainment just like all the other sports, and I find it entertaining whenever clowns like Avery are on the ice. It gives the NHL more media coverage on crap stations like ESPN that only show the most entertaining highlights, so I say let him continue with it all.

Guest E_S_A_D

Oh please, it's Stanley Cup Playoffs, you'd suspend him over this? Nothing new here, move on...

Guest micah

Wait a minute, Detroit's own Bobby Probert had a fun little habit of running the opponent's goalie every chance he got, throwing elbows at them, etc, and people are upset over this? It's nothing. Call it 2 for roughing and move on.

I hate avery, loathe him - but let's be reasonable. A punch is just a punch. Darren McCarty laid a much bigger sucker punch on an unsustpecting Claude Lemiuex, I don't recall any Wings fans calling for him to be suspended for that.

Wait, I just watch the video. You're all kicking up a fuss over that? f***s sake. A love tap to a fully caged goalie? Not exactly gonna kill him.

Jesus...not everyone is a soft as Franzen.

Exactly, how pussified is this sport and it's fans becoming? A skating away face wash to a goalie with is mask on constitutes a "punch" now. I was expecting much more when I clicked on the video. Now I just wasted a minute of my life. People are just throwing a fit because it's Avery and he has a target on his back.

Edited by ManLuv4Clears

Some people just need to get out more. Get out in public, out of their living room, off their rocker, and watch some Wings playoff with other, more deranged fans. Bring some life into your playoff experience. Come to an LGW gathering (shameless plug, but "you know you want to"). We'll get you thinking straight. You need to understand correctly what Avery is, and is not. We can help.

The cross check is part of the game especially around the net. Just ask Homer. Yes there probably should have been a call made it on it by you can't call them all. Big part of why it wasn't called was probably because of the reputation that Avery has. Kind of like when goals get called off because Homer is in the area of the net.

Avery is trash. But i have to say that it is fun watching the stupid things that he does.

Keep it up Avery, at least then the Caps have a better chance of coming back in this series

So when Homer gets cross checked then we shouldn't get mad about it because it's part of the game? I didn't realize there was a different rule book for players around the net.

So when Homer gets cross checked then we shouldn't get mad about it because it's part of the game? I didn't realize there was a different rule book for players around the net.

I don't think that's where sf1414 was going. More like Homer getting cross checked is a given. We get mad, but it's part of what he does. Ass-clownery is what Avery does. It's Hockey.

I think that was hysterical. To bad it wasn't Belfour or some other piece of shiat ball buster that deserved it. Pretty soon NHL goalies can meet up with NFL QB's at off season tea parties. Don't forget boys the napkin goes on the lap not tucked in your collar.

Give him 2 minutes and get on with game. It is telling how he doesn't want to mess it up with Erskine who cross checked him but goes at the goalie. When it comes down to it the boy is w/o balls.

Oh by the way, I really have no use for Avery so I'm not defending him.