• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rivalred

Blue Jackets Find Inspiration

Rate this topic

Sources have confirmed he has requested a trade. (E4)

Possible destinations include Pittsburgh (E3), Chicago (E2), Vancouver (E3) and Detroit (E5) He is quoted as saying, "I want to see a team win a round, and Columbus just doesn't seem to be it."

This is just an example of why I'm going to hell but I have an honest question. Why are the No 1 fans of every pro sports team dying? I mean I love the fact teams take time to meet this people and give them a great time, but what about the season ticket holder that buys a bunch of merchendise etc. Is it fair the this guy that he got beat out by a random person with a random illness. I mean how many number 1 fans do teams go through if they're all dying. That's an incredible turnover.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I wouldn't be so cavilier with the use of the phrase number one fan.

As I stated earlier, I know I'm going to hell for this one.

Edit:Spelling

This is just an example of why I'm going to hell but I have an honest question. Why are the No 1 fans of every pro sports team dying? I mean I love the fact teams take time to meet this people and give them a great time, but what about the season ticket holder that buys a bunch of merchendise etc. Is it fair the this guy that he got beat out by a random person with a random illness. I mean how many number 1 fans do teams go through if they're all dying. That's an incredible turnover.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I wouldn't be so cavilier with the use of the phrase number one fan.

Interesting question. If I was put in that scenario and blessed with having the funds for season tickets and merchandise. I don't think I would mind having the label of #2 fan over say.... terminal cancer.

An amazing story of courage and adversity. I salute you, Salmons.. I salute you...

But I just want to speak for everyone here..

The Wings are going to crush your team's hopes and dreams and eliminate them from the playoffs, post-haste.

But don't let that get you down, kid.

Edited by xXHOCKEYTOWNXx

Whats wrong with making someone whos on the verge of death feel special. If giving him the title of Teams #1 fan makes him forget about the horror of his situation for even one minute Id give it to them over a season ticket holder any day. I mean the season ticket holders who buy a bunch of merchandise get to keep on living.

Edited by GoalieManPat

Whats wrong with making someone whos on the verge of death feel special. If giving him the title of Teams #1 fan makes him forget about the horror of his situation for even one minute Id give it to them over a season ticket holder any day. I mean the season ticket holders who buy a bunch of merchandise get to keep on living.

I realize the bad example of a season ticket holder is lame so let me try to give a better example.

The problem is this. Imagine that you have a terminal illness and you love your sports team. However, someone else with another terminal illness is chosen as number 1 fan. How does that make you feel? You're just as terminal but you don't get to meet the team nor are you made to feel special. What did they do that you didn't? What's wrong with calling them "special fan" or "dying fan"? The article is about how there going to die anyway so why not tell people in the first place, rather than tricking people into thinking there was a contest they missed to see who the number 1 fan was only to find out there was no contest tp begin with.

An amazing story of courage and adversity. I salute you, Salmons.. I salute you...

But I just want to speak for everyone here..

The Wings are going to crush your team's hopes and dreams and eliminate them from the playoffs, post-haste.

But don't let that get you down, kid.

Great comment - I second!

Edited by Peadydog

Guest micah

Agreed. God Bless you, kid.

Nice story and all .. but that's not gonna make any difference, Jackets are going to be smoked. :lol:

I think we've gotten a little too cocky here on the boards. Hopefully the team hasn't. A 2-0 lead is nothing in the playoffs. Sure, it helps, but in a way it's a bad place to be because series-changers often happen. Detroit has to be careful, because Columbus is going to be pumped, they're going to have a lot of their issues solved. Detroit, of course, can win, but the series isn't over yet.

I think we've gotten a little too cocky here on the boards. Hopefully the team hasn't. A 2-0 lead is nothing in the playoffs. Sure, it helps, but in a way it's a bad place to be because series-changers often happen. Detroit has to be careful, because Columbus is going to be pumped, they're going to have a lot of their issues solved. Detroit, of course, can win, but the series isn't over yet.

Really? 87% of teams that win first two games win the whole series. I am not saying it's over, but Wings are much better team and considering their play in the first two games I do not see how could they lose the series.

Edited by Reds4Life

Really? 87% of teams that win first two games win the whole series. I am not saying it's over, but Wings are much better team and considering their play in the first two games I do not see how could they lose the series.

In the case of the DRW (prior to this season):

Best of seven series played: 84

Best of seven series played with a 2-0 series lead: 32

Best of seven series played with a 2-0 series lead

and winning the series: 26, or 81.3%.