• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nicpdx

Televised Games

Rate this topic

I live on the west coast and last year watching the Wings was easy, I just needed to turn on VS. This year I'm starting to worry, Game 1 was on VS but Saturday morning as my other Detroit homies were comming over to watch the game I realized it wasn't on VS's, there was Formula 1 Racing! So I bought the total sports package which gets NHL net. This allowed me to watch FOX SPORTS DETROIT, what a treat to see Mickey Redmond and Ken Daniels (is he growing a playoff beard?)

So...today I have VS and NHLnet and STILL NO WINGS GAME?!! They have Pittsburgh on VS. I'm frankly tired of the Crosby jizzfest. They lost the cup, we won. Put us on national tv. There are a lot of Wings fans in Portland, believe me. There's a particular bar here that Wings fans gather at for the games. My beef is that why can't or how can't the DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS NOT BE TELEVISED? WHO IS TIRED OF THE CROSBY BIAS?

I told my co-worker today they want the "best" player on tv (that's in quotes becuase he's not) but I want the BEST TEAM on TV.

Who else is experiencing these television shenanigans?

I live on the west coast and last year watching the Wings was easy, I just needed to turn on VS. This year I'm starting to worry, Game 1 was on VS but Saturday morning as my other Detroit homies were comming over to watch the game I realized it wasn't on VS's, there was Formula 1 Racing! So I bought the total sports package which gets NHL net. This allowed me to watch FOX SPORTS DETROIT, what a treat to see Mickey Redmond and Ken Daniels (is he growing a playoff beard?)

So...today I have VS and NHLnet and STILL NO WINGS GAME?!! They have Pittsburgh on VS. I'm frankly tired of the Crosby jizzfest. They lost the cup, we won. Put us on national tv. There are a lot of Wings fans in Portland, believe me. There's a particular bar here that Wings fans gather at for the games. My beef is that why can't or how can't the DEFENDING STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS NOT BE TELEVISED? WHO IS TIRED OF THE CROSBY BIAS?

I told my co-worker today they want the "best" player on tv (that's in quotes becuase he's not) but I want the BEST TEAM on TV.

Who else is experiencing these television shenanigans?

Everyone.

There's about 2 or 3 threads going on this now, as well as there should be.

I'd love to see Philly come back and win the series, just to save hockey fans all around the NHL from having to see anymore of Sidney. Go Flyers. :thumbup:

If you know someone one who lives in Canada, You could try and buy a Canadian satellite receiver and dish and get TSN and just pay those people when the bill comes to their house.

im with you Nicpdx, had the same issue as well with the center ice package. the channel guide stated the game was on but when you select it it gets blakced out. so you have 4 games going a night and on 2 are shown. GJ NHL way to spread the NHL out for those who might get interested in it.