• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

albo23

Fight in the stands

Rate this topic

I'm no lawyer or anything, but if I was a prosecutor I'd see if there was enough to go for a disturbing the peace/public nuisance/something of that nature. I'm not talking years in a PMITA prison, I'm just saying a couple hours/night in the clink. You never know what his intent was, whether it was to "nicely" throw it into an empty spot on the ice, or to try to hit a player.

Depending on what the CBJ fan did, he would clearly face steeper penalties.

in order to arrest someone you need probably cause to keep them, you can't just throw them in jail for a night to teach them a lesson. As much as that would have been ok, i think this is just a big deal over nothing, doesn't sound like they punched him, just some people drinking since early in the day. no harm no foul.

I guess we need a crew to throw one on the ice. One thrower, and 4 "intimidators" to make sure no one gets the thrower.

Do it in true D-town style.

Edited by AtomicPunk

well chnl 4 called my buddy who reported it to them, they ARE investigating why this guy isnt being prosecuted. if he tells me any more info ill let you know. they called him, got all the info he had, including the guys confession on line, and are heading to columbus to further investigate.

well chnl 4 called my buddy who reported it to them, they ARE investigating why this guy isnt being prosecuted. if he tells me any more info ill let you know. they called him, got all the info he had, including the guys confession on line, and are heading to columbus to further investigate.

Please do I am really interested in this.....

Let me get this straight, it is A-OK to throw beer bottles on the ice, but its not ok to throw a 'Pus?

To be fair, that is pretty much a tradition to a lot of sport fans in Ohio.

So what you're saying is that they're retarded when it comes to all sporting venues, not just hockey?

I was going to response with a long thoughtful rant, but feel really the only adequate means to response to your inquiry is YES and infinitely so.

Let me get this straight, it is A-OK to throw beer bottles on the ice, but its not ok to throw a 'Pus?

I was thinking the EXACT same thing.... But im not gonna go there Its not worth it ... heh heh heh

you for got AT Players too by the way at the end i saw clears and Ericsson ducking

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Here's my story about attending a sporting event in Ohio....

I'm a Browns fan and after the previous year's 10-6 record I wanted to go see them play the Cleveland Browns Stadium, and chose the first game fo the year, national TeeVee vs Dallas.

Never again will I EVER go to Cleveland Browns Stadium, by the end of the afternoon I was ashamed to call myself a Browns fan.

My wife and I went and were sitting next to an African American couple from Columbus, they were really great people and we were talking about what they like to do in Columbus as we have good friends there and have been a few times. Good people. Apparently their 'problem' was they were Dallas fans. He had on a vintage Emmit Smith jersey and she had on a Dallas t-shirt. As soon as the two rows behind us fllled in it started. Not even good natured ribbing "F*** You Cowgirl C***" "I heard the word *****. The guy did as he should have and went and got ushers (who god love 'em, tried to do a good job all day they were simply overwhelmed by jackass stupidity at it's highest levels). The ushers told everyone in those two rows, about 20 people, they weren't going to deal with it, they'd be bounced out. It kept up and kept up and they got drunker and louder. "Romeo Crennell can't coach, stupid fing milk dud, get a white coach". "Catch the ball Braylon you stupid n*****". I mean ALL game long. Finally one of the idiots behind us made some comment to the guys wife. He again went to get the ushers. They were delayed at another fight and as he got back to his seat three guys behind him dumped beer on him, his wife, MY wife, and me. I'm a BIG guy, a big STRONG guy, former military. After they dumped beer on him three of them, THREE grabbed him and started punching on him, I moved my wife to the aisle and started swinging on these guys to defend the poor guy. I was physically PULLING guys off of him. One then another then another. I had hauled one guy out into the aisle and was about to wreck his afternoon him when security finally arrived and dragged 20 people, those two rows out, kicked them out.

F You N***** all of them on the way out. As we started to sit back down I looked into the Dawg Pound and saw no less than FIVE fights going on between Browns fans and police.

Like I said, I've never been more embarrassed to be a fan of a team. I'll never go back. I called the Browns and they later told me they cancelled 3 sets of season tickets that were in those seats but still, I'm never going back. I CERTAINLY got the opinion by the sheer level of stupidity this behavior was the norm, not the exception.

Stay classy O-HI-O

God bless ignorance and alcohol! The two were meant for each other.

Guest Four

We should just get a 7 year old boy to throw it on the ice for us if Columbus ever makes it back to the post season.

Would they jump a seven year old too though?

Was there an octopus thrown last night?

I knew of at least two posters who claimed they were going to...

Not that I fault them if they ended up not doing it, but I was curious.

We should just get a 7 year old boy to throw it on the ice for us if Columbus ever makes it back to the post season.

Would they jump a seven year old too though?

Just buy me tickets to all away games. Who is going to jump a pretty little girl?

*Bats eyelashes*

It's pretty classless for our fans to have done that. We shouldn't take it upon ourselves to be security. It gives the city a black eye. It's even more classless to brag about it on a message board. Believe it or not there are good fans and people in this city and state.

Hockeytown_Ryan, if you post on this forum, which I think you do, check your pm. I only moved the topic you posted to another forum so it wasn't on our front page. I don't want to promote that kind of classlessness on my site.

As for the UM/OSU rivalry. It's a historic rivalry and there are fan issues on both sides of isle. Both sides have stories about rude/obnoxious/idiotic fans.

Good series. You guys are kicking our ass.

I appreciate the post, classy move. I honestly would be pretty pissed off if an opposing teams fan threw something on the ice at the joe, especially if it was in the playoffs and we were getting smoked, but its Bottom Shelfs reaction afterwords that really makes me sick. Im a die-hard Wings fan who has been stuck down in TN for a while now. In my 28 years ive had the privilege to attend ONE playoff game about 10 years ago. Bragging about getting tossed out of two straight playoff games is disgusting, he should be very ashamed, NOT proud.

Pretty sure this belligerent "Top Shelf" character would jump a toddler in a wheelchair as long as they where rolling towards the ice with an octopus in their possession.

Pretty sure this belligerent "Top Shelf" character would jump a toddler in a wheelchair as long as they where rolling towards the ice with an octopus in their possession.

Top Shelf isn't educated enough to hold a job - and therefore not educated enough to have money to buy hockey tickets.

My plan is not yet foiled.

Yeah, why not? If someone jumps a girl, they're gonna get their butts kicked. Perfect cover! :P

I meant another "pretty little girl" would jump you. Like one of the douchebags' girlfriends or something. Girl on Girl action!

esteef

The Midday Show which I listen to regularly on 97.1 The Fan in Columbus was also encouraging fans to beat up Red Wings fans. The one guy has a vendetta against Detroit and just spews trash out of his mouth about them constantly.

Curious, but was this the same show that called our Red Wings "commies?"