• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

albo23

Fight in the stands

Rate this topic

In game 3 with about 1:50 or so left in the third period there seemed to be a brawl in the stands. It was on the Columbus side where Steve Mason was. It was to his left on the side where you can see all of it from the TV broadcast.

A guy in a Wings jersey walked down the stairs and was grabbed it seemed like and punches were thrown all over the place. The play moved toward the Wing side and when it went back there was a huge crowd in the bottom of the stairs. This was before the octopus was thrown near the end of the game.

So I'm thinking he was going to throw an octopus on the ice because I saw him reaching for something until the jacket fan grabbed him and threw the punches.

Did anyone see this scrum? Just as a reminder, it was on the CBJ side and was on the side that is opposite to the broadcast cam (so that you can see their faces.)

i saw that too and just had to recover my password to make a post about it but you beat me to it. this is actually my old account and it gave me the wrong accounts password lol. i totally say that... but he was well behind the mesh netting and i don't think there's a way he could have tossed a puss over that... i think it was just s*** talking going on and it actually amounted to something.

they dont follow the dont get up during play rule well either least whenever i go

It takes one stop in play for new people to look around and deduce that they shouldn't get up during play. How some people cannot grasp the simple concept is mind-boggling. :blink:

Seems like some wings fan was trying to get to his seat, but some drunk chick pushed him back but he tried to get back to his seat. Then two other fans come down from a few rows back and pretty much jump him.

Yup now I remember it even more. He tripped up trying to get to his seat or someone else f***ed with him. He then went down to the row 1 boards since no one would let him back in, at that point, some drunk douchebag decided to attack him. That's when the rest of the crowd rushed in to stop it.

Say it isn't so? A Columbus sports fan acting like a tactless jackass and taking things too far? Impossible, I refuse to believe such slanderous lies of a city so renown for producing classy sport fans who always treat visitors with respect and dignity. :ph34r:

I was at the game tonight, that fight was definatly because of a Wings fan trying to throw an octopus on the ice. Some jackets fan took it upon himself to play security and try to stop him himself, and they ended up wrestling around for a while until real security got involved, it was pretty crazy. The best part about this was when that was going on some guy at the opposite side ended up throwing one on the ice.

It just made it so much more sweet because before the game they made a big deal about how security would be craking down on this.

You cant stop the octopus.