• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

albo23

Fight in the stands

Rate this topic

All of this got me thinking about that story last season in the finals where a wings fan threw a pus onto the ice, in mellon arena, got kicked out and then proceeded to change jersey's and get back in cuz he had a spare ticket. I mean this guy had it all planned out. If and when Detroit plays Anaheim I'd love to throw the octopus on the ice in Anaheim but with these stories, I might need platoon of wings fans to get it done :)

Here's my story about attending a sporting event in Ohio....

I'm a Browns fan and after the previous year's 10-6 record I wanted to go see them play the Cleveland Browns Stadium, and chose the first game fo the year, national TeeVee vs Dallas.

Never again will I EVER go to Cleveland Browns Stadium, by the end of the afternoon I was ashamed to call myself a Browns fan.

My wife and I went and were sitting next to an African American couple from Columbus, they were really great people and we were talking about what they like to do in Columbus as we have good friends there and have been a few times. Good people. Apparently their 'problem' was they were Dallas fans. He had on a vintage Emmit Smith jersey and she had on a Dallas t-shirt. As soon as the two rows behind us fllled in it started. Not even good natured ribbing "F*** You Cowgirl C***" "I heard the word *****. The guy did as he should have and went and got ushers (who god love 'em, tried to do a good job all day they were simply overwhelmed by jackass stupidity at it's highest levels). The ushers told everyone in those two rows, about 20 people, they weren't going to deal with it, they'd be bounced out. It kept up and kept up and they got drunker and louder. "Romeo Crennell can't coach, stupid fing milk dud, get a white coach". "Catch the ball Braylon you stupid n*****". I mean ALL game long. Finally one of the idiots behind us made some comment to the guys wife. He again went to get the ushers. They were delayed at another fight and as he got back to his seat three guys behind him dumped beer on him, his wife, MY wife, and me. I'm a BIG guy, a big STRONG guy, former military. After they dumped beer on him three of them, THREE grabbed him and started punching on him, I moved my wife to the aisle and started swinging on these guys to defend the poor guy. I was physically PULLING guys off of him. One then another then another. I had hauled one guy out into the aisle and was about to wreck his afternoon him when security finally arrived and dragged 20 people, those two rows out, kicked them out.

F You N***** all of them on the way out. As we started to sit back down I looked into the Dawg Pound and saw no less than FIVE fights going on between Browns fans and police.

Like I said, I've never been more embarrassed to be a fan of a team. I'll never go back. I called the Browns and they later told me they cancelled 3 sets of season tickets that were in those seats but still, I'm never going back. I CERTAINLY got the opinion by the sheer level of stupidity this behavior was the norm, not the exception.

Stay classy O-HI-O

Become a Lions fan. There is no fights, just make sure you bring a paper bag to put over your head after the first quarter. :)

There was mention of the Wings being the 1980 USSR team.

Yeah I know the show vaguely then, mostly because the midday show I listen to from Detroit on 97.1 the Ticket played a few soundbytes from it in ridicule. Have to say they came off as really ignorant when it comes to hockey so I wouldn't place a lot of faith in anything they say.