• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rage

Vancouver Sweeps St. Louis

Rate this topic

Well with Vancouver sweeping St. Louis, things are starting to get interesting in the Western Conference!

I won't say anything more than Vancouver is the highest seed left not counting the Sharks and Wings. :rolleyes:

LINK

I'm sorry, but the 'nucks flat-out do not scare me at all. Park Homer in front of Luongo and watch the team fall apart from there.

I love your enthusiasm!

I love when Detroit beats Van ... but I tell you, it is a stressful time for a boy living in BC. If the series does come, much like 02', I will loose all my friends for a few weeks.

I totally understand you. And the fact that you end up getting into heated discussions

Well with Vancouver sweeping St. Louis, things are starting to get interesting in the Western Conference!

I won't say anything more than Vancouver is the highest seed left not counting the Sharks and Wings. :rolleyes:

LINK

Hope you were being sarcastic.

That was a great series, even as one-sided as it was. St. Louis acquitted themselves quite well for a bunch of rookies and playoff neophytes. Lots of intensity and physicality. Either team would be a tough opponent: Vancouver will be a tough opponent. Either we'll see them in the second round or the third round.

With that said they play that stupid brand of hockey the Don Cherry's of the world love. I'm not talking about physical hockey, but brainlessly reckless hockey and because of that they already have a few injuries. I don't think they will be as effective in the physical aspect of the game against Detroit as they were against St. Louis.

At the moment Osgood compares well matched up against Luongo, but scoring won't come as easily against the Canucks as it has against Columbus.

The Wings have shown they know where that switch is, and a capable of activating it. Now we'll see if they can sustain, and even increase the intensity.

I don't know why people were picking St. Louis to win that series. They're a young team. I mean in what area of the game are they better than Vancouver?

I don't know why people were picking St. Louis to win that series. They're a young team. I mean in what area of the game are they better than Vancouver?

They were hot down the stretch, they had a good goalie, some veteran leadership, lots of talented youth, and St. Louis has sucked for so long they were emotional favorites.

To their credit they played a very good series. Much better than their little brother in Columbus.

With that said they play that stupid brand of hockey the Don Cherry's of the world love. I'm not talking about physical hockey, but brainlessly reckless hockey and because of that they already have a few injuries. I don't think they will be as effective in the physical aspect of the game against Detroit as they were against St. Louis.

The last two games the Canucks really knocked off the extra-curricular activities and played much smarter and did what it took to win. When faced with a Blues team with the momentum, they did not panic and turned it around every game

The Wings have shown they know where that switch is, and a capable of activating it. Now we'll see if they can sustain, and even increase the intensity.

I'm a Canucks fan but know that the Wings are smooth as silk and the Canucks are more like burlap; tougher, but not as comfortable or aesthetically pleasing to the eye in their play. The Wings are very disciplined and it will be a tall order for the Canucks to keep pace with the Wings and stay out of the penalty box should the two teams meet. 5 on 5, I believe the Canucks can hang with any team. But regardless, the Canucks PK has been lights out, Luongo the same, and the entire team from first to fourth lines to the defense is contributing well. I'm not saying the Canucks are better than the Wings, but they have a shot at beating the Wings and in my opinion are the strongest ever Canucks team to enter the post-season. And not to stir up any crap, but they made liars out of a lot of people here who ridiculed them, Mike Gillis, and the entire organization in 2008.

They were hot down the stretch, they had a good goalie, some veteran leadership, lots of talented youth, and St. Louis has sucked for so long they were emotional favorites.

To their credit they played a very good series. Much better than their little brother in Columbus.

St. Louis wasn't playing as stacked of an opponent as Columbus currently is.

Vancouver scares me because they've got true scoring talent, some depth and, of course, Luongo. However, the Red Wings are still the Red Wings and will be the favorites against Anaheim or Vancouver in the 2nd round, especially in a 7 game series.

I'd kind of rather play Anaheim though, I think their success and good play is mostly a reflection of how awful SJ played the first two games and when they meet Detroit, they'll find that out for themselves. Also, if we play Anaheim, that'll mean SJ is out, which would be good.

What that means is Ryan Kesler is coming back home maybe!!!!!! w00t i hope we play them that will be more fun than watching rick nash *****!

What that means is Ryan Kesler is coming back home maybe!!!!!! w00t i hope we play them that will be more fun than watching rick nash *****!

We love that freakin' yank here in Vancouver. Even more than Obama.

Seriously, when Obama visited Canada a couple months ago the Team 1040 radio station did a poll asking which American had the most influence in Canada -- Obama or Ryan Kesler. Kesler won by about 9:1.

We love that freakin' yank here in Vancouver. Even more than Obama.

Seriously, when Obama visited Canada a couple months ago the Team 1040 radio station did a poll asking which American had the most influence in Canada -- Obama or Ryan Kesler. Kesler won by about 9:1.

:lol: awwww i am sooo happy for him! I remember everyone was giving him hell when he was a kid because he was so small (freakin' growth spurt he had) i remember when we were playing he came up to my shoulders and I am only 5-9" now he towers over me. I am glad he found a place in Vancouver, but i love it each and every time he comes back home!

everyone though another guy on our team would make it before him (Chris Conner of the Stars) except i held strong that he would be in the NHL first... which i was super excited when he made the roster on a full time basis out there.

Edited by OsGOD

:lol: awwww i am sooo happy for him! I remember everyone was giving him hell when he was a kid because he was so small (freakin' growth spurt he had) i remember when we were playing he came up to my shoulders and I am only 5-9" now he towers over me. I am glad he found a place in Vancouver, but i love it each and every time he comes back home!

everyone though another guy on our team would make it before him (Chris Conner of the Stars) except i held strong that he would be in the NHL first... which i was super excited when he made the roster on a full time basis out there.

After Naslund left, (good riddance) Kesler had my vote to become Canucks captain. He brings it every game and leads by example. Gillis and Vig kinda threw a curve-ball at us though when they made Luongo captain. Can't really argue with anything they've done this year though.

And I love what Kesler and Burrows said about Vanocouver. It bodes well for the Canucks future:

"That's what we need everybody to do. If we're going to win the Cup, we need guys to take pay cuts. The way the salary cap is now, you really can't get what you're worth now if you want to win. Everybody in this locker-room knows that, and for us to be a great team going forward, we're going to have to take a pay cut. I want to play here for a long time." -- Ryan Kesler

"That's what I'm hoping. We've got a really good group of guys in here that understand the salary-cap world. Obviously, we play this game to win the Stanley Cup and to do that you can't be too greedy when it comes down to paycheques and contract talks. If you look at teams like Detroit, they have guys who could make a lot more money than they're making right now, but they're taking a little less to win a Stanley Cup. So hopefully guys will do the same in this locker-room when they become UFAs [unrestricted free agents] this summer or in the future. That's how we're going to build a winning team." -- Alex Burrows

And just noticing your name.... what the heck is up with Osgood? He craps the bed for a year and then goes lights out for the playoffs. Jesus Christ, I was hanging my hat on Detroit having weak goaltending in the playoffs. :wacko:

Edited by One of the Few

I'm a Canucks fan but know that the Wings are smooth as silk and the Canucks are more like burlap; tougher, but not as comfortable or aesthetically pleasing to the eye in their play. The Wings are very disciplined and it will be a tall order for the Canucks to keep pace with the Wings and stay out of the penalty box should the two teams meet. 5 on 5, I believe the Canucks can hang with any team. But regardless, the Canucks PK has been lights out, Luongo the same, and the entire team from first to fourth lines to the defense is contributing well. I'm not saying the Canucks are better than the Wings, but they have a shot at beating the Wings and in my opinion are the strongest ever Canucks team to enter the post-season. And not to stir up any crap, but they made liars out of a lot of people here who ridiculed them, Mike Gillis, and the entire organization in 2008.

Canucks are definitely good. I think Detroit will see them in the WCF. Both teams have great depth, fast grinders who are capable of contributing, tight defense, and at the moment stingy goaltending. I think Detroit will have as tough a time with Vancouver's big defensemen as the Canucks will have with the Wings brilliant positional defensemen.

I think I picked the Canucks to finish out of the playoffs at the beginning of the season and had the Oilers winning the division. Whoops.

I think I picked the Canucks to finish out of the playoffs at the beginning of the season and had the Oilers winning the division. Whoops.

Ah, someone who takes responsibility. :thumbup:

To be fair, I was so unsure over last summer that I just kept my mouth shut around here and said to everyone, "Give Gillis a chance." He's proven a lot of people wrong.

I've already got people at work, telling me that they are going to win the stanley cup and sweep Detroit when they meet them. Then they go on about Osgood, to which I reply, and how many cups does luongo have?

I've already got people at work, telling me that they are going to win the stanley cup and sweep Detroit when they meet them. Then they go on about Osgood, to which I reply, and how many cups does luongo have?

They those people are retarded. And measuring a relatively young goaltenders abilities by his lack of Stanley Cups also doesn't make much sense. But yeah, suggesting that Vancouver would sweep Detroit is laughable.

Edited by One of the Few

Hope you were being sarcastic.

Why? :huh:

How is that different from the start of the playoffs?

The seeds are not I know this, but just felt like putting this thread out there. It's no big deal really.