• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

adam

Wings Will Lose Why?

Rate this topic

The only thing I heard from CLB fans was that their team was just so tough that the Wings would be overwhelmed by toughness and lose the series. Of course, none of this had any basis in reality nor was it backed up by any actual analysis; I wrote it off as wishful/hopeful thinking.

Anyone hear anything more substantial than that from a Blue Jackets fan?

To be fair, I did hear a lot more from them, mostly non-specific bashing of all things Michigan, but not much related to hockey beyond the "we're very tough" argument.

We don't even dress any "tough guys", they dress 2. Meaning our team is deeper then theres. The guys on the Wing's who will send a message contribute to more then just message sending. Every one of the Wing's forwards has a role and they play those roles to a T. They even tend to step up beyond those rolls. Which would make Babs job hard trying to create his lines for the overachievers. Our D-men are a tough bunch too.

The only thing I heard from CLB fans was that their team was just so tough that the Wings would be overwhelmed by toughness and lose the series. Of course, none of this had any basis in reality nor was it backed up by any actual analysis; I wrote it off as wishful/hopeful thinking.

To be fair, I did hear a lot more from them, mostly non-specific bashing of all things Michigan, but not much related to hockey beyond the "we're very tough" argument.

Well, sometimes you just use anything you can to make yourself believe things.

You forgot the part where their young energetic kids are going to skate circles around the old farts.

they can skate circles, squares and other shapes while we are scoring goals on their giant goalie

LOL! :thumbup:

.. or they can also goon it up in the corner on the Mule while Z scores a goal!

The Wings have this nasty habit of sending messages like: "If you try to hit us, we'll dodge out of the way and score." and "If you goon it up, we'll keep trucking and score." Sounds like our message has been the more effective one.

LOL! :thumbup:

.. or they can also goon it up in the corner on the Mule while Z scores a goal!

Nothing was more hilarious than watching Commodore stand over Franzen to "make his presence felt" while the puck was sailing in the back of his teams' net. :lol:

Nothing was more hilarious than watching Commodore stand over Franzen to "make his presence felt" while the puck was sailing in the back of his teams' net. :lol:

Couldn't agree more! There was quite an odd combination of shouting then simultaneous cheering and hysterical laughter that erupted in my basement last night. It was awesome.

Hey, it worked for Nuke LaRoche right? :rolleyes:

toughness haha i dotn remember who it was but i remember someone that stuart hit could barley get up haha i could be thinking of someone else to it could have been a different red wing but still if they were tough he would have gotten up right away

haha that was awsome, watch it the blue jacket fans are goin crazy over the hit and then there was a goal and they all stopped. rookie mistakes haha

they can skate circles, squares and other shapes while we are scoring goals on their giant goalie

ROFL.

I haven't heard any Columbus fan talk about why the wings will lose the series.

Every statement i see has something to do with the Wings being lucky or just straight up ignorant detroit bashing.

Much like the Statue of Liberty, Lidstrom's center ice goal against Cloutier, or McLennan's lumberjack chop, that will be the defining image I take from this series. Absolutely hilarious.

Much like the Statue of Liberty, Lidstrom's center ice goal against Cloutier, or McLennan's lumberjack chop, that will be the defining image I take from this series. Absolutely hilarious.

haha what about the ribiero chop on ozzie?

edit:wrong name.. lol

Edited by #19=Legend

Everything I read mentioned if the Wings faltered it'd be on Ozzie, and how that was the one advantage Columbus had over us. Considering Ozzie has thoroughly outplayed Mason and looks to be playing his best hockey of the year its no wonder we're up 3 games to nil, never trailing once and all being fairly uncompetitive in the end.

haha what about the robidas chop on ozzie?

You mean Ribeiro? Unless Robidas did it too.

A lot of my friends called it Columbus in four just to get under my skin. As far as I'm concerned they can keep it up, as they did it for every round last year and it worked just fine. :cool: