• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Blue Jackets 5

Rate this topic

You and your team are better then that.

Actually no, they're not.

As Tyler Palko once said, "I'm so f-ing proud of these guys right now!" We took the absolute best they had to offer and still came out on top. Osgood was tremendous in the 3rd and now can rest up. And of course, Mule. Freaking CLUTCH as always. I love this team.

Making it even better was the blubbering about a textbook too many men. F you Jackets. F you Ohio. You all fail at life, enjoy the golf course.

Awesome way to end a series that I was admittedly worried about going in. 17 GA in 4 games against Mason (1 ENG)? Not in my wildest dreams.

Guest DetroitBoy313
I don't care how we win...we win. SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Yeah likewise,a win is a win ESPECIALLY in the playoffs! Whatever though,I'm glad we got that series out of the way just to rest Ozzie up for a little while.But the BJ fans are ridiculous!! They remind of Nashville fans but EVER WORSE!! WOW! They're annoying.Well anyway,GO WINGS!!

Was worried about Osgood playing that third glad the wings wrapped it up. Didn't want to see him get hurt further or have to play another game and lose rest. Great series and the offense really picked it up to make up for Osgood playing hurt.

Now Topshelf has to go beat up some small children at the local parks because, he can't go get ejected from arenas.

And throwing s*** on the field/ice after a call seems to be an Ohio tradition unfortunately (yes I'm a Browns fan too).

They purposely didn't show the ice on the CLS feed. Now I know why. I figured there was an octopus. (Might have been one of those too.)

Now, if you are hurt you don't damage your teams chances by playing through it at the goaltender position. You have to be responsible enough to pull yourself out if need be.

And you have to be fan enough enough to know that Babcock no doubt asked him if he'd be ok. And if he said he would be (which I believe he was?) then you need to back off and understand that decision ain't yours to make.

JOHAN ******* FRANZEN IS FORMULA-1 CLUTCH!

Good series to the CBJ (the team), congrats to them on making the postseason, tough break with that call but it was as clear as daylight, they were desperate and had a mental lapse and it cost them much to my liking.

Good riddance to the BJ's scumbag fans, classless losers with no respect for the game and knowledge of it. SUCK IT!

This was a great showing by the Wings to really play one for Ozzie who was dynamite in the first 3 games and obviously hurting tonight and they came together to win this one for him to give him a much needed rest, WOOT!

Helm is our Dallas Drake this playoffs and hopefully for many many more to come, loving this guy right now.

Stress rest until next round.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS, WINGS! Even when you play like poo, and the other team is giving it everything they have, you find a way to do it.

How many playoff game winners does Franzen have now?? Is the man clutch or what?

To anyone wondering, the BJ announcers were quite upset over that last call. Since the accidental man on the ice didn't contribute to the play or whatever, they felt the ref should've let it go. Woops, sorry it's a textbook call. And basically they were awful all night. But that doesn't matter now - Wings go on :) Woohoo!!!

Good to know that this series isn't going back to JLA. I'm rarely a proponent of lots of time between series, but I think a little time off is needed.

It's either Vancouver or Anaheim for us in the next round.

Congrats to Detroit for moving on. And congrats are in order to the Jackets too. Tremendous year all around for them, and they certainly showed up for this game. Gave the home crowd something to cheer about.

I never used to be a huge fan of it either, but the Wings are going to have a pretty tough road to the cup and could use the rest and time to heal any lagging injuries.

They purposely didn't show the ice on the CLS feed. Now I know why. I figured there was an octopus. (Might have been one of those too.)

They are just as classless as their fans.

LOL at the Jackets' announcers for sure. They so so so so wanted to call it a bad call - kept saying things like "tough call" (they repeated that one a lot) - but the evidence was plain as day.

LOL. That's so funny. I don't even understand how you can say that WASN'T a too many men penalty? He was FEET away from the box when he played the puck.

CONGRATS, WINGS! Even when you play like poo, and the other team is giving it everything they have, you find a way to do it.

How many playoff game winners does Franzen have now?? Is the man clutch or what?

To anyone wondering, the BJ announcers were quite upset over that last call. Since the accidental man on the ice didn't contribute to the play or whatever, they felt the ref should've let it go. Woops, sorry it's a textbook call. And basically they were awful all night. But that doesn't matter now - Wings go on :) Woohoo!!!

He played the puck with the guy he came on for still on the ice, so you can't argue that call.

Edited by Mike

Guest E_S_A_D

Personally, I congratulate the Blue Jackets for their first franchise playoff run. It's good for hockey and their young team.

Why we'd knock them and rub it in their faces is a low blow. Congratulations Columbus, nice work getting this far and this team shows promise in the future.

As to the Wings, round 2, lets do this.

durr don't throw octopi on our ice cuz that is ignorant and classless durr durr

throw bottles on the ice durr full of class durrrrrr lets bang the glass some more durrrrrrrrrr

So is that why it took so long to drop the puck after the 6th goal? You would have never known if you watched the FS-O feed because they didn't show it..... :rolleyes:

Guest mindfly
Personally, I congratulate the Blue Jackets for their first franchise playoff run. It's good for hockey and their young team.

Why we'd knock them and rub it in their faces is a low blow. Congratulations Columbus, nice work getting this far and this team shows promise in the future.

As to the Wings, round 2, lets do this.

Can't win round 2 without Downey... though.. right? ;)

Because this is the GODDAMN PLAYOFFS SON.

If you are injured, YOU PLAY THROUGH IT. You will yourself WHOLE AGAIN.

If you are broken, YOU PLAY THROUGH IT. That's what happens.

Ozzie was obviously okay at the beginning of the game, and has only gotten worse. I would be surprised if he started the third, but if he did, it's because he ******* can.

This may just be the post of this thread in my estimation. Thanks again.