• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Blue Jackets 5

Rate this topic

Just thought I'd throw this one out to the assembled masses that I think Hitchcock generally controlled his bench well and with the exception of that knob Torres did not allow his minions to goon it up very much in this series

I think he showed reasonable respect for our organization(apart from the faceoff cheat remark)

I saw very few instances where his guys went head hunting(apart from knob#2 Commodore)

He knew he was outgunned big time from the start yet Columbus by and large played a fairly standup game

They're not a bad bunch of players over there as opposed to the greasers in Anaheim and Calgary

On to round two wonder who it'll be ?

enjoy the evening

He was grimacing at the end of the 2nd period but Ken & Mick said he looked fine warming up for the 3rd. Babcock said in the post game interview that Osgood was 100% healthy. He's probably lying but I believe if there was risk of furthering the injury Conklin would've came in.

I'm thinking a Cortisone shot in the intermission.

I'm also hoping I'm wrong in that thought.

Funny how the Jackets whine about the valid too many men penalty, but forget about the B.S. call against Erickson that allowed them back into the game.

Oh and enough of this talk about Alba and Johanssen. Everyone knows that a prime Sophia Loren is hotter than any of these women, so why waste time talking about them. :hehe:

Good point. I actually thought they called him for diving until they announced it. You're on one leg and have a hand in your face and land on your butt, and you get called for holding? lol

I'm thinking a Cortisone shot in the intermission.

I'm also hoping I'm wrong in that thought.

That sounds EXTREMELY irresponsible. I hope it did not happen.

I could understand if we were DOWN 0-3 and had no back up goalie.

You honestly couldn't see Ozzie hurting tonight?

Seeing as how I was standing aroudn letting my brain rot helping customers at work, no, Id idn't see Ozzie hurting. I've missed the entire first round because of work.

Just thought I'd throw this one out to the assembled masses that I think Hitchcock generally controlled his bench well and with the exception of that knob Torres did not allow his minions to goon it up very much in this series

I think he showed reasonable respect for our organization(apart from the faceoff cheat remark)

I saw very few instances where his guys went head hunting(apart from knob#2 Commodore)

He knew he was outgunned big time from the start yet Columbus by and large played a fairly standup game

They're not a bad bunch of players over there as opposed to the greasers in Anaheim and Calgary

On to round two wonder who it'll be ?

enjoy the evening

Agreed. There were a whole lot of negative-behavior tactics he could have tried and he didn't. And except for the cheating thing, he was very candid about his team's chances and very complimentary to the Wings.

Did anyone else hear Mickey say that in a conversation he had with Hitch that Hitch asked him in essence, "Have you ever seen an almost-40-year-old play hockey as well as Lidstrom?" I'm paraphrasing what he said, but it was definitely a compliment.

Edited by Vladifan

really liked his story, he seems like a stand up guy. He did a great job with this team and they are going to be scary the next few seasons that Mason/Nash combo will be sick. Also on the jackets boards there fans seem very gracious; not happy about the call, but nobody wanted the game to end like that. The hfboard on the other hand, either way good luck them next year.

Ozzie seemed a lot more spry in the 3rd period compared to the 2nd so something was probably up. I admire his competitive spirit, but he had 4 shots to eliminate the BJ's and risking further injury just seems reckless so I really hope he didn't go the route of taking the cortisone shot.

great game, been awhile since i been around here, but last year i didnt post in the first round, and my superstition kicked in and i refused to post to the series was over.

I damn near fell out of my chair when mule scored the game winner.

good times i say good times

That sounds EXTREMELY irresponsible. I hope it did not happen.

I could understand if we were DOWN 0-3 and had no back up goalie.

Hey, I didn't say I liked the idea anymore than you!

He was struggling pretty mightily just to get from side to side in the late second, and then regained much of his form to begin the third. It's hard to imagine that quick a turnaround in 17 minutes...

Again, here's hoping I'm wrong, and that it was just a small charley horse, cramp, or something the like.

Funny how the Jackets whine about the valid too many men penalty, but forget about the B.S. call against Erickson that allowed them back into the game.

I have no idea how you can get called for holding when basically you have no feet on the ice and the only reason you're not sitting on it is because the other player is literally pinning you to the boards. Naturally the CLS broadcasters did not elaborate on the point.

I have no idea how you can get called for holding when basically you have no feet on the ice and the only reason you're not sitting on it is because the other player is literally pinning you to the boards. Naturally the CLS broadcasters did not elaborate on the point.

even as a jackets fan, i will tell you that our commentators are terrible. i wish that Jeff Rimmer would move to mexico... he doesnt know what he is talking about 90% of the time. Danny Gare isnt as bad, but still under par. After the game all they would talk about is how bad the too many men call was. Now let me set this straight... i am a jackets fan, and that was a penalty, no doubt about it. i am not happy about it being called, but would you be?? any jackets fan who says that wasnt too many men is fooling themselves. for the announcers to say the same is just dumb, no denying that is was a penalty.

dont listen to the CBJ announcers... they are retarded!

Babcock did an excellent job of attempting to cover up Ozzie's injury after the game. He almost had me believing him! Oz was obviously injured, though I'm hoping it's nothing that can't be fixed with a week off.

I think my favorite part of the game tonight was Marian Hossa. Talk about a man on a mission. It's clear that he desperately wants a Stanley Cup and it was nice to see his effort pay off in two goals tonight. He was a total beast.

Seeing as how I was standing aroudn letting my brain rot helping customers at work, no, Id idn't see Ozzie hurting. I've missed the entire first round because of work.

I responded to you not being able to watch the game, another member let me know. Probably best to lay off Ozzie if you haven't seen the highlights because he was grimacing in pain and getting to his feet slowly and awkwardly.

Edited by Yak19

I responded to you not being able to watch the game, another member let me know. Probably best to lay off Ozzie if you haven't seen the highlights because he was grimacing in pain and getting to his feet slowly and awkwardly.

but in the third he looked fine? any idea what it was? i didn't see him grimace or move awkwardly in the third.