• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCQF GAME 4 GDT: Red Wings 6 at Blue Jackets 5

Rate this topic

Oh, so Ozzie was hurt?

Ah well, we're not going to sweep our way to the Cup. There are going to be lots of goals scored for, and against. There may even be a (Gasp) loss, too. In fact, I seem to remember this team seeming doomed at times last year in Round 1, 3, and even some parts of the Finals seemed sketchy. The playoffs is supposed to be a closely fought, anyone can win game. Columbus sucks, and Detroit dominated the series like they should have. The other series will be closer, but the Wings still have the skill, the smarts, and the experience to outdo anyone.

You could tell in the second, particularly after the 4th goal- Ozzie was using the post to stand. He was hurting something fierce.

Hey, I didn't say I liked the idea anymore than you!

He was struggling pretty mightily just to get from side to side in the late second, and then regained much of his form to begin the third. It's hard to imagine that quick a turnaround in 17 minutes...

Again, here's hoping I'm wrong, and that it was just a small charley horse, cramp, or something the like.

I'd bet he got whatever it was rubbed out, and probably a small shot of novocaine or something similar to kill the pain.

even as a jackets fan, i will tell you that our commentators are terrible. i wish that Jeff Rimmer would move to mexico... he doesnt know what he is talking about 90% of the time. Danny Gare isnt as bad, but still under par. After the game all they would talk about is how bad the too many men call was. Now let me set this straight... i am a jackets fan, and that was a penalty, no doubt about it. i am not happy about it being called, but would you be?? any jackets fan who says that wasnt too many men is fooling themselves. for the announcers to say the same is just dumb, no denying that is was a penalty.

dont listen to the CBJ announcers... they are retarded!

No, not really. While the officiating was the usual bad to horrible in this series, it figures they finally called something right and it's a bigger story than all of the questionable calls that occurred throughout the series.

That said, hell yes this forum would be damned near unreadable if the call had gone the other way and the CBJ had scored to win the series. Matt might even have to shut this place down for 24 hours or something.

it sure was a high scoring game but all that matters is the win. great to see the Wings eliminate the jackets in a sweep.

now it's either the canucks or ducks. hoping for a long san jose and anaheim series

but in the third he looked fine? any idea what it was? i didn't see him grimace or move awkwardly in the third.

He looked fine in the 3rd and Babs said he is in good shape. Maybe it was something minor in the 2nd that pinched a nerve or something.

Guest Four

He probably just needed to take the weight off of it for a few min and ice it.

Probably got really tense or something.

He looked fine in the 3rd and Babs said he is in good shape. Maybe it was something minor in the 2nd that pinched a nerve or something.

As a goalie myself growing up and also a follower of the wings, I think it is a groin strain and they probably gave him a shot between the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Also, as I mentioned to a friend of mine last night and tonight, during game 3, Osgood twisted funny on a save during the second period. He was down and FSN went to commercial and when they came back Ken Daniels said it took Osgood a minute to get up from that. I am convinced it was that play where he tweaked his groin.

It's the playoffs. Even if he was injured you think they are going to tell anyone? I mean last year we had so many guys playing injured that we didn't know about until after we won the cup. If Ozzie is hurt, hope this time off helps him. Otherwise I hope Babs is right and ozzie is good maybe just had a cramp or something

want one play to sum up the way the red wings seem to be playing like again?

our smallest player on the team drove to the net with less than a minute left to play and made a huge GWG happen.

enough said.

go wings.

Interesting fact:

An "annihilation" in a playoff series is defined as one team losing in a sweep, and never once taking the lead, at any point in the series. This series qualifies- the first NHL annihilation since the first-round series with the Wings against the Kings in 2000. Wings were victors there, as well.

Am I the only one who thought osgood looked slow in the third? He didn't get any real threats so he wasnt exactly "tested" in the third but I kept an extra eye on him the whole period and I thought he was slow to get up etc and didn't look 100%. Maybe I am wrong..

Am I the only one who thought osgood looked slow in the third? He didn't get any real threats so he wasnt exactly "tested" in the third but I kept an extra eye on him the whole period and I thought he was slow to get up etc and didn't look 100%. Maybe I am wrong..

When he had to go to the left or slide to the left, he kind of hopped a bit instead of sliding, but that was mostly in the second.

I noticed that in the third he mostly had to go to the right. Good luck for us. :)

There were 147 instances of interference that went unnoticed.

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2009/04/playoff_game_no_4.shtml

Seriously? Hahahah

You.cannot.not.make.that.call.

Hockey reffing would have been the major laughingstock of the athletic world. As opposed to the minor one it is now.

Even some idiot on Versus talked about the Wings winning the series on a "disputable call" (or something very much like that). jeeezusss...

While Ryan has been great, Mason surely deserves the Calder. He pretty much rode the Jackets into the playoffs.

I know it's a regular season award, but Mason was awful for them in this series. Many of the goals weren't his fault, but this wasn't the same Mason that they had in the regular season.

Ryan on the other hand is running laps around the Sharks right now. This guy is a scoring machine.

Like you said, he hardly got tested at all in the period, which is probably a good thing.

Unfortunately, the team will never really disclose the extent of his injury so all we can do is speculate.