• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Icesurfer

Anaheim Preview

Rate this topic

From MLIVE:

Wings crowd the net

I know I am jumping the gun but if the Sharks make a comeback I will be surprised.

At any rate.... if the Wings are to beat Hiller they will have to live around the net..... shoot for rebounds and bury the rebounds. Hiller is on fire and we all know that when a goalie gets hot he can go far into the playoffs. :!:

Yes, sadly Wings fans know better than anyone of what running into a hot goaltender can do. :scared:

i don't know if i completely buy the whole "hot goalie" excuse for playoff disappointments. the Red Wings have made stars out of goalies by throwing 40 shots on net all from the perimeter. considering the way the Wings took it to the BJs Im not as concerned as in years past about their ability to get down low, get rebounds and create distraction. there will definitely be a price to pay, but the last thing the Ducks will want to do is take 8 penalties a game. I have more concerns in the Wings end of the ice and handling their big bodies in front of the net.

Absurdity follows:

Wings in 6.

Datsyuk takes it to another level.

Hossa hat trick in game 4.

Osgood and Hiller battle hard through first 2 games, split.

Games 3 and 4 open up offensively and physically, split.

Wings take a tight game 5.

Wings take game 6 with authority and professionalism to advance.

Anaheim's tough but the Wings are just too deep. The Wings also know how to win, unlike San Jose. They will make Anaheim pay for taking penalties.

Wings in 6.

wings are way to deep, ducks only have one line and a hot rookie goalie. Wings took care of Mason in the first, Hiller will go down in the second. Zetterberg, Cleary and Mule take care of the only line for Anaheim (Getzlaf, Perry, Ryan) and Dats comes up huge setting up Hos. Wings in 5.

I'm sad now. :( I'd love to go, but if game 1 is Thursday and game 2 Saturday, that makes it impossible to go anywhere but game 5. I've an exam next Tuesday. :(

That said, Wings in 5.

Agreed. If this series was any indication of their discipline level, the Wings' power play is going to eat the Ducks alive. Even if they are more disciplined, they'll have a tough time holding down three scoring lines without taking more penalties.

very true.

werent the wings among the top in terms of power play percentage in NHL history this year?

Wings in six.

Hiller will steal a few games for Anaheim.. but if they take as many penalties as they did the first round, we'll kill 'em with our PP.

We're definitely not a team to give a PP to.