• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Icesurfer

Anaheim Preview

Rate this topic

Ducks in 6, top line is too strong downlow and dominant when they want to be, big D who can actually move our forwards from the net, guys willing to battle a little harder, much hungrier depth players, much more team toughness and playoff built.

Your so called "BIG D" cant move the puck from the Penalty box.. which u know is gonna happen cause Pronger is dumb as nails and always get himself into trouble.. he is most likely gonna get himself a few interference calls when he tries to keep up with the speed of our forwards..so regardless... your screwedddddddd!!!!!!

Wings in 6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ducks in 6, top line is too strong downlow and dominant when they want to be, big D who can actually move our forwards from the net, guys willing to battle a little harder, much hungrier depth players, much more team toughness and playoff built.

You know I am now going to quote you the whole series, right?

Every opportunity, every chance, every shot.

Done deal.

No apologies.

No excuses.

/ Swedishconnection

We have a norris trophy defenceman who has made a career out of shutting down other teams top line. There is no reason this is going to be any different.

You know I am now going to quote you the whole series, right?

Every opportunity, every chance, every shot.

Done deal.

No apologies.

No excuses.

/ Swedishconnection

ok guy i've never seen before

Wings in 5. I'm strangely confident for this re-match.

Lest we forget that Theodore looked "awesome, great, unstoppable, like a wall, etc" until we faced him. You could say the same for Mason too.

I'm Dabura and I approve this message.

In fact, I'm calling a sweep.

We have a norris trophy defenceman who has made a career out of shutting down other teams top line. There is no reason this is going to be any different.

worked well last time we played em.... Getz and Perry have gotten bigger stronger and better and they've made a new friend, big Bobby Ryan... meanwhile Lidstrom has gotten older weaker and worse and he's got a new friend too, a defensive disaster, Brian Rafalski

ps Kronwall aint moving those guys either

its up to Getz Perry and Ryan depending how bad they wanna win this series, if they dont to they wont be stopped

this will be over in four. Detroit would have beat the ducks in 07 with a healthy schneider. Since then we have added hossa and rafalski and they have lost penner andy mcdonald and palhson. However you spell his name. Any goalie can steal one game but this thing will be over in four unless hiller does.

The Ducks are a one line hockey team...shut down Getz, Perry and Ryan and this series is over !! Hiller had a bored looking Sharks team shooting on him. He didnt face anything that compared to the likes of Hossa, Dats, Franzen, Z. Pronger looked good in this series because the Sharks looked slow...it wont be the same in this series...we will make that big dumby look stupid. If The Z line with Lids and Raf can shut down the Getzlaf line it is over. I like our chances.

I'd have to agree with this. To me, the only other deciding factor is goaltending, and I for one don't think Hiller will know what hit him. Homer, Franzen and Cleary are going to throw him off his game just like Mason

Special teams also are hugely in our favor. And all the Ducks fans who are talking about the size of their players, please. If you think having the bigger hockey club is going to decide who wins this series, than you're kidding yourself.

Edited by DYags

worked well last time we played em.... Getz and Perry have gotten bigger stronger and better and they've made a new friend, big Bobby Ryan... meanwhile Lidstrom has gotten older weaker and worse and he's got a new friend too, a defensive disaster, Brian Rafalski

Are you for real? This Ducks team is a shell of its '07 self. This Wings team, on the other hand, is stronger than its '07 counterpart -- and it's got a healthy blue line and an absolutely lethal PP.

Good luck, Ducks.

Getz and Perry have gotten bigger stronger and better and they've made a new friend, big Bobby Ryan...

Certainly fair to say, the Ducks top line is better than ever.

meanwhile Lidstrom has gotten older weaker and worse and he's got a new friend too, a defensive disaster, Brian Rafalski

Can't argue with the Rafalski slam, I expect him to get beat one on one on the outside at least once this series. :P

Nick, though, is playing as well as he ever has.

I think it's also fair to note than in '07 the Wings top guns were Hank, Pavel, Robert Lang (much love, but he was a ******* bum), and Homer. This was before Hudler, Franzen or Filppulla broke out, and guys like Bertuzzi and Calder were in making zero impact in the post season. Plus, you know, Hossa. The '09 Wings are, on paper at least, much better than their '07 predecessors up front.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

I think we should be able to win this series because Anaheim takes a lot of penalties and our power play looks so lethal right now. However, its hard for me to not think about how an Anaheim goalie has already won a series against us almost by himself and after watching Hillers great play in the first round, this may be close. I still think we will take the series. The Ducks have pretty much just one line, shut them down and we have it made. They have players like Christensen, Ebbett, and Wiz on there second power play unit. I can not wait for this series and if we win, I hope it is Chicago that we play in the WCF!

Wings defense in '07 Anaheim series:

Lidstrom-Markov

Chelios-Lilja

Quincey-Lebda

Anaheim defense '07:

Pronger-Beauchemin

Niedermayer-O'Donnel

Jackman-Huskins

Wings forwards in '07 Anaheim series (don't remember combos exactly):

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Lang-Bertuzzi

Franzen-Filppula-Samuelsson

Maltby-Draper-Kopecky

Anaheim forwards in '07:

Selanne-MacDonald-Carter

Penner-Getzlaf-Perry

Moen-Pahlsson-Niedermayer

May-Marchant-Motzko

The '07 Wings team was significantly worse than the '09. Keep in mind that Lang and Bertuzzi were totally ineffective and Filppula and Franzen weren't nearly as good yet. Hell, Datsyuk and Zetterberg weren't as good. That defense speaks for itself -- Chelios was playing upwards of 25 minutes a game.

Meanwhile, that Anaheim team was better than their '09 version. Granted, Getzlaf and Perry hadn't totally broken out yet either, but they had two good scoring lines and the best shut down line in hockey. MacDonald and Selanne killed the Wings with their speed while Pahlsson's line gave Hank and Pavel fits. They now have one great scoring line and a bunch of spare parts. I'm not too worried about Selanne alone on the second line.

...and the Wings still almost won.

I'm pretty confident the Wings can do this.

Three words: crash the net.

how many concussions will Franzen walk out with when the series is all said and done? we've all seen how tough he is when there's a scrum in front of the net

how many concussions will Franzen walk out with when the series is all said and done? we've all seen how tough he is when there's a scrum in front of the net

Oh, come off it. Yeah, yeah, he went down when Vandermeer gave him the business; he's also stood in front a thousand times to screen and tip, and crash the net to bang home the garbage.

And ARice, good write up. That was more or less what I was trying to say.

If its the wings of games 1 - 3 vs. th BJs, then I predict a sweep. Otherwise, if the regular season D and Osgood show up like in game 4, then it will be difficult. Since we'll probably see both, I predict wings in 6. Otherwise ducks in 7. There - I think I've covered my bases.

Hiller was the Sharks/Ducks series superstar!!! The goalie is the best penalty killer so don't be depending on the Wings power play to bury the Ducks. It just may be the Ducks power play that gives Detroit some trouble.

Don't tell me there is no such thing as a HOT GOALIE!

Edited by Icesurfer

It will be a really tough series. Anaheim was a real sleeper team this year. Luckily, we have really good offense this year which will need to strike hard to keep the Ducks from sneaking back into games. Our defense is good. This will be no Colorado like last year, the Ducks have too much experience. Our best players will have to be our best players.