• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Game 6: Grand Rapids 4, Hamilton 1

Rate this topic

The equation is simple, Grand Rapids win and they win the series, Hamilton win and they force a Game 7. Hopefully the Griffins will continue their good form from the previous game and will finish the series tonight. :thumbup:

Cmon lads, lets advance tonight!

I want Grand Rapids to blow them out, and there to be a huuuuge brawl were Downey, Tardif, Abdelkader, Kolosov, Kindl, Howard, McCarty etc. all get in the act in 2 minutes of solid fights that says Grand Rapid Griffins take s*** from noone!

Downey gets a goal tonight.

Griffins going to the North Division Finals to play Manitoba!

Empty netter by the Griffins. They are up 4-1.

They won all 3 games on the road. They also scored on both of their shots in the 3rd period.

I was at the game tonight, sporting my Wings gear.

What a blast :) I was watching the Griffins during the warm up and got a nod from McCarty and Downey, Downey even checked into the pane of glass that I was standing beside, what a sport :)

Leino was spectacular tonight, tallying up 4 points. Kind of funny how the only goal the Bull Dogs scored was 9 seconds into the game.

Great work Griffins! :thumbup: I thought they might have blown their chances when the series got back level and with the inclusion of some quality players to Hamilton but they really put in two fine performances to close it out. Howard came up big in the last two games and Abdelkader and Leino continue to amaze. Both should be in the NHL.

Leino has 12 points, Haydar 11 and Abs has 6 goals and 8 points.

Really pleased for them! :)

Holy crap that was a sweet game to go to. To start the game, Howard was shaky at best. The first goal was soft, and for the the rest of the first period he was giving up juicy rebounds, and not getting in good position. He settled down after the 1st, and looked pretty solid the rest of the way. Jozsa and Stafford had a s*** in the 2nd where they couldn't connect on a pass, and therefore couldn't get the puck out of the Griff end. In the 3rd, the team decided a 1 goal game was good enough, and came out playing all defense. They would get the puck, hang on to it as long as possible, then dump it down the ice. Something clicked in their heads, and they decided to get more aggressive, which allowed the goal to go up 3 to 1.

Hamilton came out trying to be physical (see cheap) to start the game, but the ref made it painfully clear that wasn't going to be allowed. It completely took their game away from them, and allowed us to be finesse almost all game. Hamilton was not going to beat us when they couldn't grind us down.

Bring on the Moose!