206 replies to this topic

#201 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (NomadFromKazoo @ May 1, 2009 - 04:08PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shanahan leaving for twice the money is the same as Federov leaving for less?

After the lecture you gave me on my ignorance of the history of hocky, your posts on Shanahan keep cracking me up smile.gif

It's "judging" him? What we "remember" him for is equivalent to hanging his name from the rafters? Sure it is. Spin, spin.

Just try and take it into context. Of course I am talking about "judging" whether he is worthy to go to the rafters or not. A lot of people here do not want him up there because of the way he left. I even went on to clarify that statement later on in the post.

I said in the beginning if he changes from when he left, I'm open to that. I'm not open to just forgetting that he didn't want to be here and he told us so, twice. I'll give you an example, I'm a Redskin fan in football. I moved back and forth between Kalamazoo and the DC area and Michigan's team is, you know, the Lions. Easy choice. Anyway, Art Monk said some bitter things when he left the Redskins and I was irked. Then when he retired he signed a one day contract to retire a Skin. His way of saying what he was in the end. Message sent, message received. When Federov does something like that, I'm totally open to the same consideration. Your spin doctoring, broad brushes and accusations of judging don't do it. Only Federov can say he wants the fence mended. His last statement to us was he wanted out and would leave money on the table to get it. That is the status quo, it is not the past.

This does sound like the "jilted ex-girlfriend" that was brought up earlier in the post. Fedorov still lives in Detroit and has family here. He hangs out with the team in the off-season, and regularly visits the Ilitches. His charity still operates in Detroit and he was quoted last year he would welcome the opportunity to play in Detroit again.

If you feel this strongly about him, would him signing a "one day contract" with Detroit really help your opinion of him? To me, it seems about as necessary as polishing firewood, but I suppose it would be a nice public gesture.

He handled the whole thing bad - but I am waaaay over it. So Fedorov was a bit of an imbecile when talking to the press. As we have learned from Datsyuk, Semin, Malkin, Kovalchuk and Ovechkin - a lot of russian players do not seem to ship equiped with the "PC Filter" that the rest of pro athletes come standard with.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#202 NomadFromKazoo

NomadFromKazoo

Kaz

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:40 AM

QUOTE (egroen @ May 1, 2009 - 04:28PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After the lecture you gave me on my ignorance of the history of hocky, your posts on Shanahan keep cracking me up smile.gif

I'm sure it does since it diverts from your endless spinning of the content. He made 2.25 the year before he left. I thought we offered to re-up him for that. Someone said, no proof and I couldn't find it on the internet he left for lateral money, not less money. OK, I'll accept that regardless and say I was wrong on that point, which doesn't change that Federov said we were insulting him with our offer which was more then what he left for. Shanahan left saying nothing against the organization just that we wanted to go younger, I never heard Kenny refute that in public. And it turn out he left for the same, not less money like Federov and still no one is claiming he blasted the org like Federov (Twice). So this doesn't change anything.

Just try and take it into context. Of course I am talking about "judging" whether he is worthy to go to the rafters or not. A lot of people here do not want him up there because of the way he left. I even went on to clarify that statement later on in the post.

Actually you said I was judging Federov, not whether he should be in the rafters. You picked a word with a lot of connotation you wanted to convey of a heavy moral pronouncement. All I said was I don't think he should be in the rafters because of how he wanted out of here. Wow, throw him in jail the rest of his life and condemn him to all eternity in hell. rolleyes.gif Spin all you want, but you chose that word to convey the heavy condemnation which wasn't in my post but you wanted on your side.

This does sound like the "jilted ex-girlfriend" that was brought up earlier in the post

He should be in the HOF because he was a great hockey player. I have a lot of good memories of him. He shouldn't be in the rafters because status quo he's saying he's not a Red Wing and his last words to us he didn't want to be. Wow, I'm just dripping with bitterness. rolleyes.gif

Fedorov still lives in Detroit and has family here. He hangs out with the team in the off-season, and regularly visits the Ilitches. His charity still operates in Detroit and he was quoted last year he would welcome the opportunity to play in Detroit again.

If you feel this strongly about him, would him signing a "one day contract" with Detroit really help your opinion of him? To me, it seems about as necessary as polishing firewood, but I suppose it would be a nice public gesture.

OK, once again you force me to point out the obvious because you whiffed on it. That was an EXAMPLE. I want him to do something to say he is first a Wing. He can say it when he retires. I just said that's the last thing he said. The bitterness was not in my posts, it was in your spin doctoring choice of words with false contations you chose.

I want to end this, but I'm not letting it end on crap like what you're continuing to post. If you are right, stop falsely portraying my points with words with false connotations to fit your agenda and address my real points. Or let it go. All I am saying is last he told me, he is not a Wing and wants out. Twice. THAT is the only reason I oppose him in the rafters. If he tells me in any sincere way WHATEVER way he chooses WHENEVER he choses he is in his heart first a Wing, my mind is changed. I gave an EXAMPLE of how Art Monk did it. I frankly don't get how you thought that was the only way I thought he should do it rather then being an example, seemed pretty darned obvious it was an example. But that's how you argue.

He gave us lots of great years. Being in the rafters should be giving us great years AND being a proud Wing. My view, not that hard.

Edited by NomadFromKazoo, 02 May 2009 - 11:50 AM.

Frank Herbert: Fear is the mind-killer

Groucho Marx: Sincerity is the key to success. If you can fake that, you've got it made

George Patton: If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking

Doctor Who: Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink

#203 NomadFromKazoo

NomadFromKazoo

Kaz

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (norrisnick @ May 1, 2009 - 04:02PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kenny offered $4M to Shanny.

Fair enough. I missed this because you posted it while I was typing my reply and I didn't read back to see if that happened after I posted. I thought we offered him his prior year salary to return, I didn't realize we'd upped it to 4 mil. This doesn't change the underlying discussion, but you don't say it does, just what we offered him.
Frank Herbert: Fear is the mind-killer

Groucho Marx: Sincerity is the key to success. If you can fake that, you've got it made

George Patton: If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking

Doctor Who: Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink

#204 Kwame_Kilpatrick

Kwame_Kilpatrick

Dr. Rahmani

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 01:01 PM

i hope he comes back he is still good passer and he is an excellent player defensively. anyone who watched game 7 caps - ny rangers know he still has a shot
usa olympics <3

#205 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (NomadFromKazoo @ May 2, 2009 - 12:40PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want him to do something to say he is first a Wing. He can say it when he retires. I just said that's the last thing he said. The bitterness was not in my posts, it was in your spin doctoring choice of words with false contations you chose.

I want to end this, but I'm not letting it end on crap like what you're continuing to post. If you are right, stop falsely portraying my points with words with false connotations to fit your agenda and address my real points. Or let it go. All I am saying is last he told me, he is not a Wing and wants out. Twice. THAT is the only reason I oppose him in the rafters. If he tells me in any sincere way WHATEVER way he chooses WHENEVER he choses he is in his heart first a Wing, my mind is changed. I gave an EXAMPLE of how Art Monk did it. I frankly don't get how you thought that was the only way I thought he should do it rather then being an example, seemed pretty darned obvious it was an example. But that's how you argue.

He gave us lots of great years. Being in the rafters should be giving us great years AND being a proud Wing. My view, not that hard.

This has been a strange one -- it's like we are communicating in second languages here and I'm not sure anyone has ever misconstrued my posts this badly before, so I'll just let it drop.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#206 GOWINGSGO5131419

GOWINGSGO5131419

GOWINGSGO513193040

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:24 PM

tough call #91 put in a lot of good years for us but defectors shouldn't have their jersey retired same goes for that nutjob Shanahan
GO WINGS GO
Over & Out
Dennis

#207 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:00 PM

Will Wings retire 91 for Fedorov? I say no, and I hope they don't.