• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mwagner468

what ever happened to js giguere?

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline
Someone accidentally poked him with a pin and he deflated back down to normal goalie size.

This. Or he changed to non super-absorbent pads.

Yea i asked the same question to duck guy who is a very respectful member by the way hehe even though i dislike your team lol but yea he said Giguere had some personal problems. Which im sorry to hear and i hope JS is doing ok..

But i never did like his giant pads/glove/shoulder pads/chest protector which was insanely huge. And I'm pretty sure he is the reason why we had the league take a look at the goalies equipment lol.

His father passed away this year, his mother's condition is rapidly declining due to Alzheimer's and his son was born a couple years ago with a serious deformity and more than likely requires a lot of special attention.

I don't think I'd be able to concentrate on stopping rubber either.

His father passed away this year, his mother's condition is rapidly declining due to Alzheimer's and his son was born a couple years ago with a serious deformity and more than likely requires a lot of special attention.

I don't think I'd be able to concentrate on stopping rubber either.

Who cares Jonas Hiller is who the Wings need to worry about

While this may be the case for this upcoming series, there is more to life than hockey. We all go through our personal struggles and I hope Giguere can overcome the things that are bearing down on him right now.

While this may be the case for this upcoming series, there is more to life than hockey. We all go through our personal struggles and I hope Giguere can overcome the things that are bearing down on him right now.

Exactly. On-ice: beat him to a pulp. Off-ice: God be with you, JS.

Guest micah

I care. If I could choose between the Wings winning the next 10 Cups and Giggy's catching a break in his "real" life, I'd go with the latter.

I'm hoping the wings sweep the Ducks, but my prayers are with Giggy and his family. He has way more important s*** going on in his life than hockey right now. I hope that eventually he can put all this behind him and play at a high level again someday, but more than that I hope that his family situation gets a little easier.

When Vladi was in that car wreck, I cared not because he was a Wing or a great hockey player, I cared because he was a man who was going through a very difficult time. Ditto Jiri. Ditto Jiggy. Hockey is a nice diversion, but it doesn't mean s*** compared to health or family. If someone, in a thread about Vladi's wreck, said "who cares, our team needs to worry about the rest of Detroit's D" I wouldn't think that was very cool.

Edited by micah

What everyone else said above. Good luck to Jiggy, who is a super nice dude, with a lot of problems on his plate right now. I guess I never thought he was a major reason the Ducks won the Cup, anyway. They thugged their way to it, basically.

I think they will find a very different attitude from this year's version of the Wings. They hit back. :sly:

Note that Giguere won the Cup after the pad sizing changes. And won a Conn Smythe before despite losing. The guy is one of the greatest Quebec goalies ever, probably #3 after Roy/Brodeur. Everybody's pads are that size nowadays, get over it. You can't fall back on "Well Brodeur wears small pads", yes, the only one.