• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Yzermaniacs

PTI gives hockey/Red Wings no love

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline
The problem is you keep turning on ESPN. Versus is doing a good job in the post-season and actually treat the game with lots of respect. Support Versus and their advertisers and you will do a great service to hockey and force ESPN to pay the sport some respect.

Personally I suggest people simply write their service provider and ask for CBC/Sportsnet/TSN in large numbers. f*** ESPN, Versus, ESPN, NBC, and ESPN.

Edited by Shoreline

Let's see, we've got the mainstream media doesn't respect hockey. Hockey is such a tougher than game than all the other sports. Americans are too dumb to appreciate hockey. All we need is a post about how hockey players are morally superior to other athletes and we've got the checklist for every other thread like this one.

espn is all about trying to be hip and catering to the generic sports fans. whether you like it the nhl culture is very canadian and the things that espn values are basically as un-canadian as it gets. its unfair but espn is just crap for in depth analysis anyway. i am also a soccer fan and espn doesnt even care about this either. they put darts on ESPN and shove Champions League soccer to ESPN 2, its a joke. its also stupid because i can understand why people like watching basketball and football but baseball is just hitting a ball with a stick and running in a square, there is no drama of the incredible dangle or big check. also the steroids scandle have destroyed baseball culture forever, and still espn is blindly loyal to a game that is losing popularity for years...

its also stupid because i can understand why people like watching basketball and football but baseball is just hitting a ball with a stick and running in a square, there is no drama of the incredible dangle or big check. also the steroids scandle have destroyed baseball culture forever, and still espn is blindly loyal to a game that is losing popularity for years...

You're right. No drama in baseball. A play at the plate on a throw from right field, boring as hell. Walk off homer? Nope, no drama there. Bases loaded, bottom of the 9th, yawn. Puts me to sleep. I mean, there's nothing more boring than a close pitch on a full count and waiting that split second to see the call. That might as well be a cure for insomnia.

And besides, hockey is just skating around chasing a piece of rubber.

yeah baseball is boring and i am tired of watching fat athletes play 'america's past time'. all of the most popular american sports (baseball, football) have overweight people playing proffesionally. its unhealthy and it makes america look bad. also we cant even beat japan or dominican republic in baseball anymore so why bother. next thing you know we will be losing to the netherlands in professional eating

Not sure why there seems to be shock and surprise over this.

ESPN caters to as many people as possible for sports viewing. That means football, baseball, and basketball. They don't focus as much on hockey. It's not good, it's not bad, it's just the way it is over there.

I like watching hockey, everybody in here likes watching hockey. Not everybody else or every sporting network has to as well. It can really be that simple and we can leave it at that.

Let's see, we've got the mainstream media doesn't respect hockey. Hockey is such a tougher than game than all the other sports. Americans are too dumb to appreciate hockey. All we need is a post about how hockey players are morally superior to other athletes and we've got the checklist for every other thread like this one.

You totally forgot, "Hockey doesn't belong in the South."

Guest Shoreline
is there a way for americans to get TSN and Sportsnet?

Americans get foreign channels, but it's up to the company providing the service to make an agreement with the station, and it usually involves complicated business matters. Regarding TSN and Rogers, they may have some parent investment in the US (through some other company/shareholders) that does not want them here competing with a fellow sports channel. If enough people petitioned to DirecTV or Dish for these channels they'd probably try to strike a deal to get the channel since demand = money, and money talks.

yeah baseball is boring and i am tired of watching fat athletes play 'america's past time'. all of the most popular american sports (baseball, football) have overweight people playing proffesionally. its unhealthy and it makes america look bad. also we cant even beat japan or dominican republic in baseball anymore so why bother. next thing you know we will be losing to the netherlands in professional eating

Speaking as someone who is as an avid a fan of baseball as she is of hockey.......you couldn't be more wrong if you deliberately set out to be more wrong.

You know jack and squat about baseball and it shows. I have found that the people who whine about how boring baseball is have never actually attempted to learn the nuances of the game, the same as people who say hockey is boring.

There are more to these sports than just what we see. Quit being so absurdly narrow-minded.

Americans get foreign channels, but it's up to the company providing the service to make an agreement with the station, and it usually involves complicated business matters. Regarding TSN and Rogers, they may have some parent investment in the US (through some other company/shareholders) that does not want them here competing with a fellow sports channel. If enough people petitioned to DirecTV or Dish for these channels they'd probably try to strike a deal to get the channel since demand = money, and money talks.

I emailed Directv and they got back to me thanking me for being such a valued customer over all these years :sarcasm:, thanked me for my suggestion and said they forwarded it to "management". Of course they're always looking for new ideas and new programming. They said that. They actually said that!

But you're right. If enough people make their opinions known on this, it can and probably will work.