• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

esteef

Getzlaf vs. Thornton

Rate this topic

Looks to me like they both knew it was coming. I believe it was a carryover from the game before, when Thornton challenged Getzlaf and he declined. Wouldn't expect a suspension ...

If the rule is in place (which I believe it is) then yes unfortunately that deserves a suspension technically.

I hate the predetermined opening face off fight as much as anyone, but only because it messes with the game, I don't mind fisticuffs when appropriate. Now had they gone at it the game before when Joe challenged him, that would have been the perfect time for a fight.

However regardless of my opinion of fighting there is no way in hell either guy should get suspended for that.

If the rule is in place (which I believe it is) then yes unfortunately that deserves a suspension technically.

However regardless of my opinion of fighting there is no way in hell either guy should get suspended for that.

Agree. I don't like the new rule, but if it's in place, this is exactly the type of fight they would suspend someone for (even though the crowd LOVED it!)

esteef

Agree. I don't like the new rule, but if it's in place, this is exactly the type of fight they would suspend someone for (even though the crowd LOVED it!)

esteef

Loved what? This was pathetic. I would never call this hugging a fight. They just forgot goodnight kiss.

Loved what? This was pathetic. I would never call this hugging a fight. They just forgot goodnight kiss.

True, but listen to them roar when Joe finally brings Getzlaf down! Little did they know that would be all they'd have to cheer about the rest of the night!

esteef

So does anyone know if the rule is actually officially in place?

I don't think so. From: "Staged" fights.

"The GMs and League personnel are proposing a stiffer penalty for so-called "staged" fights and a more aggressive approach to calling the instigator penalty. They also tabled the topic of how to make fighting safer until their June meeting at the Stanley Cup Final so more data could be accumulated."

"Any rule change has to pass through the Competition Committee and the Board of Governors before it can be imposed."

Oh look another internet mr pro hockey the professional boxing body builder ufc legend behind a keyboard himself...

Id like to see you throw down against either one of them on the ice.

I know seriously, Thorton is nowhere near the category as Getlaf. Hazy rules though.

Thornton and Getzlaf are actually very close to the same category, and Thornton has a Hart trophy. Thornton obviously chokes in the playoffs but on a strict skill/talent comparison I'd say they are very close

True, but listen to them roar when Joe finally brings Getzlaf down! Little did they know that would be all they'd have to cheer about the rest of the night!

esteef

wasn't the game in anaheim.

by the way, you're right Gary! All of us hockey fans hate fighting and you DO know what's best for the game... You DO know what hockey fans want! When we stand up and go crazy on fights such as that one, it is completely out of disapproval for the sore-losers on the ice going at it. Remove fighting, we sure hate it! It's no fun at all!

Edited by pavyaz19

Right at the puck drop to start the game. Shouldn't someone be suspended here under the new "staged" fighting rule? (or does Getzlaf have Pronger privileges too?)

esteef

IT should never be a suspension. thats just good entertaining hockey

Everytime something happens now somebody wants a frickin' suspension. I have never seen so many suspensions in one playoffs. The NHL is on a power trip and they are ruining the game. Everybody is a little to sensitive these days.