• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mike

4/28 Playoff GDT

Rate this topic

Man...What a stunner

f*** you Carolina.... Go Bruins

Sorry, I gotta go with the Canes. Of the teams left in the East, I'd want to face them 1. Canes, 2. Caps, 3. Bruins, 4. Pens with a pretty big gap between 1 and 2.

Devils and Rags both blow 3-1 series leads.

Devils-Canes was never 3-1.

I can't help but feel real good for Sergei Federov right now.

Edited by Yak19

Pissed off Rangers fans are already bitching about the officiating in the series. This seems to be the new in thing. Your team lost? Then it must be because of the officiating, not because the other team was better. I found this one on CBS Sports.

Bettman and the NHL officials should be ashamed of themselves on how the games were officiated, its calls into question the integrity of the game. Blatant penalties against Avery weren't called, one obvious penalty right in front of the official wasn't called and led to the first goal. All that built up hostility over Avery statement about sloppy seconds, $hit was Bettman sleeping with an old Avery girlfriend.

Bettman has Ovechkin their best player going to the next round, but guess what how many people will watch it, the Rangers have the biggest amoutn of fans and the best thing that could happen to the sport would be for the Rangers to win the Cup (Make no mistake I am a big Ranger fan and didn't think they were good enough to win the cup but could have won the series).

Game 7 and Gomez could only muster up 1 shot and Drury 0 shots give me a break. They should be gone and so should Sather, how he still has a job is beside me, bring Messier to run the team and kick some ass in the locker room when needed.

Ranger fans should boycott the rest of the NHL games, it was a real disgrace watching the officiating.

Edited by Mike

Pissed off Rangers fans are already bitching about the officiating in the series. This seems to be the new in thing. Your team lost? Then it must be because of the officiating, not because the other team was better. I found this one on CBS Sports.

The Rangers offense was offensive the last 3 games - I've never seen a playoff team that spent so little time in the offensive zone or cycling the puck. Caps 4 - Lundqvist 3

Guest Shoreline
Devils and Rags both blow 3-1 series leads.

Btw, Devils were never up 3-1. Dumbass.

From plain stupidity to the biggest choke so far in these playoffs.

4. Flyers are up 3-0 from forcing a game 7 and then take the bait on a ill-advised fight that swung the momentum into the Pens favor.

3. Rangers are up 3-1 in the series but continue to take stupid penalties and then chuck water bottles into the stands.

2. Devils have the lead with a little less than two minutes to play in Game 7 and then give up two goals within 40 seconds or something like that.

1. Sharks win the presidents trophy and then embrace the act of no show Joe in the playoffs.

Edited by titanium2

What a night of hockey. The Rags/Caps game was great. That goaltending by Lundqvist was something else.. inspiring stuff. He deserves to play on a team that can score goals. Even though the Rangers played a good game, probably their best of the series, it's still almost shocking how few good scoring chances they produce, even against a Washington defense that is anything but intimidating.

Didn't see much of the Canes/Devils, but I caught the last 5-10 minutes and HOLY MOSES.

I caught a little of game 6 on the radio...Dave Maloney was absolutely beside himself when no call was made on the Brashear-Betts hit, and then a soft hold was called on the Rangers right after that. Kind of a valid beef in that case.

Agree with the poster on Sather though. That guy's singlehanded kept that franchise mediocre and has been living on rep for about 20 years. He does not deserve to be employed by an NHL team.

Was just reading some comments over at NJ.com and holy hell, they're crucifying Brodeur, ultimately blaming him for the loss. Can't say I disagree with them either. Brodeur hasn't been clutch in the postseason since 2003. Last season really showed it when they got embarrassed by the Rags. This Game 7 is potentially even more embarrassing than that because of the way it happened.

We need a catchy name for this, like we had to suffer through with "The Stunner at Staples".

Sorry, I gotta go with the Canes. Of the teams left in the East, I'd want to face them 1. Canes, 2. Caps, 3. Bruins, 4. Pens with a pretty big gap between 1 and 2.

I see what you mean, However, I just cheer for the team I like more.... and I've always hated the Canes since their incredibly fortuitous 2006 win *shakes fist* :lol:

Oh my................ Okay, who had the biggest collapse, seriously? If that happened to the Wings I would probably have to strap myself down of some sort.

And Sid versus Ovy. Bettman gets his wish.

Brace yerselves! :shocking:

What that probably means is they won't show any of the Wings/Ducks or most Western games and just concentrate on Sid and the Ov.

I wouldn't put it past 'em. :annoyed:

EDIT:

Hellleuu? Sometimes it's not a good idea to read posts from the end to the middle....seems this subject was already brought up a little earlier...

I agree! I agree! :blush:

Edited by Vladifan

Devs/Canes game was brutal if you're a Devs fan/supporter.

I hope there were a good number of Detroit Red Wings players watching that Game 7.

I hope it gave them that hollowed out metallic feeling in the head, right behind the eyes, and that acid taste in the back of their throats.

I hope it put the fear of God into them.

Well, I went 5-3 on my first round picks. You win 5 out of every 8 games in the NHL and you win the President's Trophy. :hehe:

What a massive chokejob by the Devils in the final minute... And what a big goal for a guy that was used to scoring big goals, Fedorov.

EDIT: Incidentally, that goal by Fedorov was very similar to his heroic game winner vs. the Caps in the Finals all those years ago. Streaking up his off-wing, cut to the net, (okay, he didn't really do that this time) rip a wrister high and hard. The old man's still got it. :thumbup:

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown