• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Glubki

Datsyuk a Hart Finalist

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Woohoo Dats! He likely won't beat out either Malkin nor Ovechkin, but it's damn good to see he's getting the recognition he deserves at least.

Great news, I never expected that he'd get enough votes to land in the top 3. Not that he doesn't deserve it, I'm just used to the individual players on the Wings being underappreciated by people outside Detroit.

On a side note, let's not forget how many times Lidstrom had to be a finalist for the Norris before he finally won one, hopefully this is a sign of things to come for Pavel. :thumbup:

That's awesome -- I'm actually suprised. Holding out for a Pearson???

As good as Datsyuk is, it is sad that he has already done better than Lidstrom when it comes to the Hart.

Edited by egroen

Guest mindfly

Nice 3 russians in top3, datsyuk may not be MVP this year but he sure is a nominee, great honour pasha!

Guest Crymson

khan.jpg

I pretty much had to put that after seeing the thread title.

Anyway, kudos to Datsyuk. He certainly deserves it. I'd not hesitate to call him the most well-rounded player in the league.

Edited by Crymson

Well deserved! He won't win it, but the recognition is terrific for a Red Wing, shame Lidstrom never got that much credit. Should be among finalists for Pearson too. GO PASHA, GO WINGS

Call it official:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=420636&...vid=DL|NHL|Home

Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings -- Datsyuk is the best all-around NHL player. The fourth-leading scorer this season also is bidding for his second-straight Frank J. Selke Trophy as the league's best defensive player and fourth-straight Lady Byng Trophy as the player who combines the best performance with sportsmanship.

He plays the game the way it should be played. Datsyuk is a dynamic skater, extremely fast going straight-ahead and quick and shifty with his offensive and defensive moves. He takes pucks away from opponents who didn't realize they were in his sights. He converts those turnovers into breakaways and odd-man rushes in every game.

Lady Byng, Selke and now the Hart! Go Pav!

How often do you see someone up for all 3 of those at once?

I'll tell you: Joe Sakic in 2001, won the Hart and Lady Byng, and was runner-up for the Selke.

Nice company, Datsyuk! :)

Edited by egroen

That's great. I've been saying that he deserves the Hart this year but never thought he would. Even a nomination is unexpected. I think his best shot is at the Pearson though. Go Pavs!

seeing the guy is a finalist for the Selke (and will probably win for the 2nd year in a row) and he finished top 10 in the league in scoring, and he helped his team to a better record than Ovie or Malkin did, it should be a NO BRAINER that this guy is the best overall player in the game and deserves the Hart.

Unfortunately I think he has two things working against him - 1. the fans and media obsession with Ovie and Malkin and 2. the fact he's a Red Wing. Sure we get our fair share of awards but the Hart is set aside for guys like Ovie and Crosby (and Malkin)

lame..

Awesome awesome awesome!

An interesting tidbit from NHL.com's article ... link

Pavel Datsyuk, Detroit Red Wings -- Datsyuk is the best all-around NHL player. The fourth-leading scorer this season also is ...

Alexander Ovechkin, Washington Capitals -- If the Hart honored the best player in the League, it would probably go to Ovechkin. But it doesn't, it rewards the most ...

:blink::unsure: