• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
yzefan

A sea of red

Rate this topic

Wondering why we dont give out t-shirts at the games to make it a sea of RED .. like they do in say philly.. it looks wicked!!!!

Have we ever done it??

Sorry dont live close enough to go to the games *POUT* so i am not sure if it has ever been done.

Joe is usually packed during the playoffs... enough to make a difference. However i will be the sore thumb because i like my White Hossa jersey so i will buck whatever system was in place :lol:

Joe is usually packed during the playoffs... enough to make a difference. However i will be the sore thumb because i like my White Hossa jersey so i will buck whatever system was in place :lol:

ya but you cant wear white when the opposing team is wearing white.. looks wrong!!!

I thought it would be cool to give out tshirts like they did in Philly. Wings just give out towels with that years slogan on them. Even if the building wasn't full, and everyone there wearing red, it might LOOK full because the seats are red.

ya but you cant wear white when the opposing team is wearing white.. looks wrong!!!

Sure you can... the supporting colors are not even close and the logo on the front and names on the back are completely different ;)

Plus its only recently that the Red was the home colors... so many older fans like myself continue to wear the real "home" team colors

I thought it would be cool to give out tshirts like they did in Philly. Wings just give out towels with that years slogan on them. Even if the building wasn't full, and everyone there wearing red, it might LOOK full because the seats are red.

Problem is when the seats are empty the color white (or creamish) is showing cause they fold up....

The towels/pompons they give out each game are nice... i am hoping we get pom-pons for game 1 i need to add to my collection of 55 from last year lol

Edited by OsGOD

Sure you can... the supporting colors are not even close and the logo on the front and names on the back are completely different ;)

Plus its only recently that the Red was the home colors... so many older fans like myself continue to wear the real "home" team colors

Problem is when the seats are empty the color white (or creamish) is showing cause they fold up....

I've never really been sure how I feel about the switch. I guess you could just as easily argue that most "defining" jersey for your franchise is the one with the colors of your team. All the NHL did, then, was to make it like it is in football, where the Wings wear their color at home, just like the Lions wear blue, Wolverines wear navy blue, or Cardinals wear red at home.

The flip side would be that if you're a frequently attendee of games, every team that visits you is always wearing the same color, which is kinda lame.

I've always prefered the red jersey to the white one because "red" is part of the team name and the color is as powerful as the Winged Wheel to me.

Have you seen how the stands look at the flyers games.. or even the penguins game??

UNBELEIVABLE... it would be awesome if the joe looked like that ... in regards to the white.. we just wanna look completley different from the ducks fans.. .want our snipers to be able to pick them off easy.. no confusion... hehehee

Oh i understand the switch... i just have more whites than reds (15 white jerseys to 2 reds)

Have you seen how the stands look at the flyers games.. or even the penguins game??

UNBELEIVABLE... it would be awesome if the joe looked like that ... in regards to the white.. we just wanna look completley different from the ducks fans.. .want our snipers to be able to pick them off easy.. no confusion... hehehee

It does look nice.. all i am saying is that the JLA doesn't even give out towels or shirts in red even when their own darn slogan was "sea of RED"

but if they would give me a Red Jersey i would gladly wear it. I am one who wears jerseys to games, not t-shirts so i would never wear one anyways

Edited by OsGOD

The Red Wings have tried this a couple of playoff runs and it didnt work for a couple of reasons. One year (cant remember which year) they had the slogan "Get your Red on", attempting to get everyone to wear red.....didnt work. Another year, they had "Join the red wave".....needless to say, didnt work. They have given out shirts, probly 3 different series in the last 2 years, problem is, too many of the lower bowl seats are corporate, so those seats are filled with people wearing dress shirts and suits, and they will not wear a red shirt over top fearing that their client wont like it. The other reason the red wings cant do it, is because of the home colour change. Red Wings fans are still very attached to the white jerseys as the traditional home colours, hense why you see lots of white jerseys. Hockey fans like wearing jerseys, so people will wear what they have, and I would say 50% of the jerseys in the joe at any given game are still the white Yzerman. This is why we cant get a full red crowd, and to be honest, whio cares, every team does it now, so its nothing original. All I wuld like to see is towels, those are sweet any game.

But if we're looking for a full corwd of one colour, you might have to go to washington/calgary/phoenix, cause it aint happenin in the D. The Joe always has a good mix of red and white tho, which I think is good enough.

I've never really been sure how I feel about the switch. I guess you could just as easily argue that most "defining" jersey for your franchise is the one with the colors of your team. All the NHL did, then, was to make it like it is in football, where the Wings wear their color at home, just like the Lions wear blue, Wolverines wear navy blue, or Cardinals wear red at home.

The flip side would be that if you're a frequently attendee of games, every team that visits you is always wearing the same color, which is kinda lame.

I've always prefered the red jersey to the white one because "red" is part of the team name and the color is as powerful as the Winged Wheel to me.

Here is my issue with the colour change. I agree, the red jerseys are both BOld, intimidating and classy, however I much prefer the Home whites. Whites in my opinion should be home for all sports and its for the following reason. Call me a loser but from a marketing standpoint, the NHL totally F'ed up by making the darks home. Every team that comes to the joe or any other arena looks the same. They all wear white with a logo in the middle. Most people who are not huge hockey fans probly dont know the difference because all of the away jersey for the most part all look the same. When you have a team coming in with their dark colours, lets say the wings going to phoenix, this is something the home crowd can distinguish the teams by, because its their real colours. I dunno, I just like the reds away way more, as a wings fan, and as a season ticket holder who gets sick of seeing the away team come to the joe with the same old plain white jersey....BOOORRRIIINNNGGGG

I remember them trying to do this two years ago I think it was, it looked horrible. Most people weren't even wearing the shirts.

Giving out the shirts is way played out anyways. Everyone is trying to copy off of Calgary and Winnipeg (even the NBA) and it's starting to get lame. It's cool when one or two arenas do it, not half of them.

In DC they don't have to give out anything to make everyone show up in red.

Just sayin'.

I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that the only ones to go to games in DC are the die hards.

They have done it and tried it before. The problem with doing it here in Detroit is so many people have jerseys. They did it for the Dallas game last playoffs but everyone that got them was like "hey i paid 200+ for this jersey, i don't want to cover it up" It works great for other plaeces where people aren't going out and buying jerseys all the time. I love how it looks and i love the idea of it. i just don't think i works here in the D.