• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

clayjoh

Draper's status

Rate this topic

Has anyone heard if the speedy Draper as Bob Cole refers to him will be in the lineup as opposed to Kopecky floating out there ala Joe Thornton?

Kopecky was invisible out there last series

Also of interest is ice time comparison of key players available at www.nhl.com

Already Anaheims big dogs(or dog turd in the case of Pronger) have already logged significantly more total time than any wings and time per game is very high for Getzlaff

It's obvious this will factor in later in this series

I predict Anaheim might just mail in game 1 at least

Hoping for a big time stomp job on those greasers

Last article I saw said that Draper was seeking final doctor's approval today to play tomorrow. I agree that Kopecky was invisible in round 1, and the 4th line is definitely our weakest link.

Draper in the lineup is a definite good thing in the playoffs. Say what you want about Kopy and Malts but Draper can skate circles around either of them. And win faceoffs with the best of them.

And really, this is one series I wouldn't mind Aaron Downey being in the lineup one bit. Drapes centering Helm and Downey anyone?

Maltby wasn't very good at even strength, but I still like Malts-Helm-Drapes with Draper taking (and winning) the face-offs on the 4th line.

This is going to be a GREAT series...

You know, I was just pondering this last night at work. What I'd like to see is a 4th line of Koko-Drapes-Helm for the first game of the series vs Anaheim.

Now I'm a Maltby fan, but if a team is going to goon it up, it's Ani. So since we don't have Lilja, and Hossa and Big Rig are too valuable to waste fighting, I say we send out Koko as the sacrificial lamb. If the Ducks take liberties, Koko faces The Stache (or Pronger- whatever) in game 1 and we spend the rest of the series with Downey-Draper-Helm. If they don't do anything, then sit Koko for Malts for the rest of the series unless Anaheim was just fooling the first game, in which case, procede with Plan A.

Just make sure that Downey has his suitcase packed. He's still in GR at the moment, right?

As far as just plain ability, I think Koko's the weakest link, with Malts a close second.

Guest lilja4mvp

yes, please get draper back ASAP. we need someone to take pointless hooking penalites in the offensive zone.

According to MLive:

General manager Ken Holland said center Kris Draper saw the doctor today and was ruled out for Games 1 and 2 against Anaheim. He'll be re-evaluated after that.

Too bad his skill at the face off circle will be missed.

Good to hear that Lils is skating and in drills a little bit at least. Hope he gets better.

yes, please get draper back ASAP. we need someone to take pointless hooking penalites in the offensive zone.

:D haha...i do seem to recall drapes getting rung up for a few of those this year.

like others have said, though, i do think draper would be good to have in just for his faceoff ability. my only fear is that when drapes comes back, they'll sit helm just because he is the least experienced (allegedly) and he and draper are more similar type players. that being said, it's a tough call for me between kopy and malts of who to sit...but i think that a helm-draper-kopy/maltby line is the best option we have for the fourth line right now. kopy-draper-maltby to me is a bit scarier than helm-draper-kopy in terms of us having no energy or skill whatsoever on the fourth line.

to me, helm-drapes-kopy makes the most sense because IF (and that's a big if) kopy can ramp up his physical play, that would be a big plus. for me, malts has little to no upside right now, and i think we have plenty of experience and penalty killing ability to make up for what little he has there.

Guest mindfly

What the f*ck is wrong with draper, he is on every practice, says he feels fine, but doctors rule him out for games... what kind of freakin injury is that, must be something really weird...

Edited by mindfly

What the f*ck is wrong with draper, he is on every practice, says he feels fine, but doctors rule him out for games... what kind of freakin injury is that, must be something really weird...

The thing I keep thinking is that it has to be a concussion. What other "upper body injury" would allow him to practice, but also be bad enough that they declare him unable to play for the next 2 games... re-evaluate, and then out another 2 games?

And really, this is one series I wouldn't mind Aaron Downey being in the lineup one bit. Drapes centering Helm and Downey anyone?

Come on people lets get serious. If we have Aaron Downey in our lineup we will have issues. What is he going to do, go out and fight, spend 5 in the box, and then play the rest of his 4 minutes in ice time. He is useless in the playoffs because people dont fight, and otherwise, he is no good. We have our energy guy who hits and his name is Darren Helm. Even if we sat Malts or Kopy, Downey does not bring to the tabel what they do. You will not see him in the lineup at all, unless its to get his name on the cup late in the final. Our lineup looks great as is, with Draper in it will look even better. I would say to sit Kopy simply because of Malts experience and penalty killing ability. Move Helm over to winger. Drapes centers the 4th line, and we're laughing, cruising our way to the finals.

personally i think babcock wont mess with the winning lineup.. and drapes is fine. regardless helm is awesome and much better then drapes imho. maybe get kopecky or maltby out for drapes or better yet s***head sammy... but no way should helm sit.

The thing I keep thinking is that it has to be a concussion. What other "upper body injury" would allow him to practice, but also be bad enough that they declare him unable to play for the next 2 games... re-evaluate, and then out another 2 games?

You're not allowed to skate and work out with concussion symptoms otherwise Lilly would have been doing so for the last month plus. I've got to think something is broken. Not enough to bother him too much (like he'd let anything bother him) but not healed enough where he can go out there and play.

You're not allowed to skate and work out with concussion symptoms otherwise Lilly would have been doing so for the last month plus. I've got to think something is broken. Not enough to bother him too much (like he'd let anything bother him) but not healed enough where he can go out there and play.

I agree, it doesn't seem like Drapes would have concussion problems. Don't know what that has to do with Lilja though. He never got a concussion.

Edited by Doggy