• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Rafalski OUT tonight, Chelios in

Rate this topic

dear god, please tell me this is a mistake. chris chelios is the worst player in the NHL.

No, he's not. Not even close.

But seriously, losing Rafalski is a HUGE blow.

Color me a little worried about tonight without our Number 2 D-man, plus over a week of rust.

Chelios does serve a puprose though, watch he is going to get attacked all day by Anaheims pests and goons and all of them will forget about running our star players, htis happened like clockwork last year, in the nash series tootoo was going after chelios every shift, in the colorado series it was McCleod, and sure enough in the Dallas series all game long Ott was just going after chelios for no apparent reason, it is bizzare and unexplainable but it happened like clockwork

WTF?

Me no likey. It's still a much better defense than we had in '07 but these mysterious injuries and flus are starting to get worrisome.

And by the way, Chelios was rock solid in 2007 against Anaheim and playing over 20 minutes a night. He can still do the job when called upon.

Edited by egroen

that was 2007 though, and this past year i have decided he is the worst player in the league. at least you have to admit he has the worst shot. even if you think the guy still has some worth, admit that there is no one with a worse shot.

...What?!!! Well this certainly came out of nowhere.

Wow... That really sucks.

Even though I think it's cheap, I kind of hope this is just a mind game the Wings are playing. That this is just something they're hoping might throw ANA off their game.

I mean, is Rafi really that injured? It's the playoffs, everybody's playing injured.

That means Big E is movin UP!! Wow.. getting to play with Nicky!! WHOOHOOO! Look out... I'm not happy about Cheli playing... at least not yet. You never know he may have been resting all this time just so he could get geared up to make a long run. Lebda needs Cheli's guidance out there sometimes.... ok hell most of the time. Crissyyyy meet Big E!!!! LOL :)

that was 2007 though, and this past year i have decided he is the worst player in the league. at least you have to admit he has the worst shot. even if you think the guy still has some worth, admit that there is no one with a worse shot.

Alright, I won't demand to see Chelios on the power play ;)

But I think he will be great to have out there when the Ducks are cycling down low.

Guest mindfly

GAAAAAAAAAAAAH what the f*ck is up with all the injuries, last run there weren't any well they had some, but players were still playing... are the wings so comfortable knowing they will win or something so they can rest players.. either that or rafalskis injury is very severe... this is BS....

Edited by mindfly

In a bizarre kind of way, this could work in the Wings favour. I was wondering anyway if Babs would split up Lids & Rafalski to put either Stuart or Ericsson with Lidstrom to help combat the size of the Getzlaf line.

Will hurt our PP though - and we all know making the Ducks pay for their buffoonery is one of the keys to the series

God no.... this has shades of '07 written all over it. Chelios is absolute garbage these days. Please let us survive replacing one of the best defenseman in the league with one of the worst, let it just be a hiccup.

I'm not to worried about tonight. I think Chelios will do a decent job out there. He is a very smart player. Only thing I'm worried about is we might see Sammy get more time on the PP. I would personally rather see Ericsson on the point then Sammy. Ericsson might be young, but I think everyone can agree that he has been very impressive. He also has that big heavy shot.

If there's a silver lining to this, atleast it's a home game and the bottom pairing won't get caught in a bad spot due to having the last line change. Babs is savvy enough to make sure his matchups for Cheli-Lebda will be the least dangerous.