• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BlakChamber

2009 College Football Thread

Rate this topic

What are people's thoughts on this B10 expansion? I'm torn on it honestly. Maybe someone can persuade me to one side or the other.

I can understand the positives of it, but at the same time I don't want to add a 12th team just for the heck of it. It can't be someone like Cincy.

What are people's thoughts on this B10 expansion? I'm torn on it honestly. Maybe someone can persuade me to one side or the other.

I can understand the positives of it, but at the same time I don't want to add a 12th team just for the heck of it. It can't be someone like Cincy.

cincy doesn't have the academics for the Big Ten. The Big Ten needs to have a conference championship solely on the fact that the conference is missing out. The Big Ten conference is a joke around the nation.

I think they need a school like Pittsburgh to come on board. Make a good rivalry between Penn State and Pitt. Problem I see is where do you draw the divison line.

Like this

East

Pitt

Penn State

Ohio State

Michigan

Michigan State

Northwestern

West

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Iowa

Illinois

Indiana

Purdue

or this

North

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Michigan

Michigan State

Ohio State

Illinois

South

Pittsburgh

Penn State

Indiana

Purdue

Northwestern

Iowa

You tell me how you would break the conference up in divisons.

cincy doesn't have the academics for the Big Ten. The Big Ten needs to have a conference championship solely on the fact that the conference is missing out. The Big Ten conference is a joke around the nation.

I think they need a school like Pittsburgh to come on board. Make a good rivalry between Penn State and Pitt. Problem I see is where do you draw the divison line.

Like this

East

Pitt

Penn State

Ohio State

Michigan

Michigan State

Northwestern

West

Wisconsin

Minnesota

Iowa

Illinois

Indiana

Purdue

or this

North

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Michigan

Michigan State

Ohio State

Illinois

South

Pittsburgh

Penn State

Indiana

Purdue

Northwestern

Iowa

You tell me how you would break the conference up in divisons.

I agree on Pitt. I read Mizzo will listen if they are called too. I think your 2nd theory on divisions would probably be right on. The potential problem I don't like is if one division is loaded and the other weak (B12 has this right now, and so does your first idea). I don't want that. If your first theory would happen that west division would be beating each other up majority of the time, while the east looks like boring football most the time.