• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BlakChamber

2009 College Football Thread

Rate this topic

Definitely the best game of the week. College ball used to stop for that match up, it's too bad both programs are going through a slump.

I really don't get the attitude that college football "needs" FSU and Miami to be good. The sport did fine in the 70s before those programs were on the map.

College ball doesn't need anything to be anything, it always keeps on rollin', but that annual match up between powerhouses was a good time.

Definitely was a good game. Should have been held on Thursday so we didn't have to deal with the major crap they opened the season with. NC State and Sakerlina should be forbidden from opening the season for at least ten years. They've given us two s***ty games in a row. Especially NC State.

NC State and Sakerlina should be forbidden from opening the season for at least ten years. They've given us two s***ty games in a row. Especially NC State.

Tell me about it. Wouldn't be nice if we got a marquee match up for opening day instead of Florida crushing some D1-AA school or Ohio State routing a service academy (oh wait, snicker)?

Then again, Oregon manned up and took the Day 1 plunge and look what that got them. :P

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

WHOOOOOO!!!!!! Holy crap!!!!!!! What a classic!!!! Thank you Charlie Weis for throwing the ball when you should have ran!!! Foricer....no words. He's going to have a his up and downs all season, but wow he has "it" already, and it's obvious. There's some flaws about this team for sure, but I'll save that for another day.

P.S. I've heard Timothy and BlackChamber will not be posting due to a bad case of LeFevour (=

Foricer....no words. He's going to have a his up and downs all season, but wow he has "it" already, and it's obvious.

Joe Montana has found a worthy successor, but he doesn't play for the Irish. :D

That final drive will become the stuff of legends. Forcier is out there, running all over, avoiding pressure, making magic with his feet, then hitting the man down field and winning the game. Pure brilliance.

I am so sick of losing games to teams that Notre Dame should beat. And that isn't anything against Michigan, but my goodness this is so old.

I have more thoughts on the game but I am too disgusted to bother tonight. Congrats to the UM fans here for their well-deserved victory.

WHOOOOOO!!!!!! Holy crap!!!!!!! What a classic!!!! Thank you Charlie Weis for throwing the ball when you should have ran!!! Foricer....no words. He's going to have a his up and downs all season, but wow he has "it" already, and it's obvious. There's some flaws about this team for sure, but I'll save that for another day.

P.S. I've heard Timothy and BlackChamber will not be posting due to a bad case of LeFevour (=

Dunno bout Blak but I will post. I had to work all day but caught the end of the MSU game during lunchtime.

I am disgusted with how MSU kept letting CMU in the game. The chips played good and the spartans didnt. However the spartans still had that game won and just couldnt lock it down. Grab the onside kick, STAY onside. Do whatever you have to do to win and they just didnt do it.

As far as Michigan. WOW!! Tate is not a freshman. Amazed at how cool and collected he was especially in the final drive. Bitter pill to swallow if your the irish.

Still looking forward to beating the Irish at South Bend, aka Sparty Stadium next saturday. Bring it on ND!!!

You said it. With quarterbacks you can sometimes just tell when they have "it". Tate has it.

This team doesn't really look like like a Big Ten champion yet, but barring a complete disaster they'll be 4-0 going into MSU and could conceivably be 7-0 leading up to the Penn State game.

I am disgusted with how MSU kept letting CMU in the game. The chips played good and the spartans didnt. However the spartans still had that game won and just couldnt lock it down. Grab the onside kick, STAY onside. Do whatever you have to do to win and they just didnt do it.

Y'know, I didn't think the Spartans played very well or very badly. They just played. Next week's game will be absolutely huge. Whichever team loses is going to be staring an extremely disappointing season right in the face.

I do think the Spartans need to basically stick with Cousins. Nichol can run pretty well but what a thoroughly terrible job he did throwing the ball. Missed a wide-open receiver for a touchdown and threw the next two balls in the grass three feet in front of the target.

I told one of my buddies that Forcier must s*** moxie. He's a special quarterback. I just had this dumb grin on my face after some of those plays like "Really? He's ours? For four years?" We're back, baby. Played the first game without our #1 RB (who was a stud today, by the way). Played today without our #1 WR. Notre Dame just might be the best offense we'll face all season. With the way a lot of the teams in the Big Ten have looked, this season could turn into something pretty unexpected and special. Too early to get cocky, but at least watching Michigan football is enjoyable again. I got more enjoyment out of the WMU game than I think I had all of last season (except for maybe the Wisconsin game, but even that wasn't a good game, just a great rally). Then today's game was just epic....great football game, and a great outcome!

I didn't catch too much of the CMU/FYS game, but that was the best onside kick I've ever seen. I can't imagine a better one. I have to believe that if you asked every coach in America to diagram the perfect onside kick, that's what they would want. Unbelievable.

I didn't catch too much of the CMU/FYS game, but that was the best onside kick I've ever seen. I can't imagine a better one. I have to believe that if you asked every coach in America to diagram the perfect onside kick, that's what they would want. Unbelievable.

Dude quit calling my school FYS. It doesn't even make any sense to me and you are the only one calling us that. . Us spartans fans don't go around calling michigan scUM or anything else against the school. Yeah I have piled on Dick Rod but he is just the coach. If you read what I wrote first after the Western game and against the ND game..it was nothing but class towards michigan. Show a little more class is all I am asking for.

MSU was not coached well late in that game against the Chips. They looked scared and lost all confidence. They lost that game even before the game was over.

Dunno bout Blak but I will post. I had to work all day but caught the end of the MSU game during lunchtime.

As far as Michigan. WOW!! Tate is not a freshman. Amazed at how cool and collected he was especially in the final drive. Bitter pill to swallow if your the irish.

Still looking forward to beating the Irish at South Bend, aka Sparty Stadium next saturday. Bring it on ND!!!

I expect nothing less then for you to keep posting. I would do the same thing! CMU though is a legit team with a great QB. ND/MSU is going to be interesting. Clausen is shaping out to be a good QB, and those WR's are ridiculous. Their OL also looks much better.

Oh yeah NOT impressed with Terrell Pryor. He's still got a long ways to go, but so far he seems like a follower instead of a leader. Again, he still has a long ways to go, but when I see Forcier/Barkley performing in the clutch it makes me wonder...

I expect nothing less then for you to keep posting. I would do the same thing! CMU though is a legit team with a great QB. ND/MSU is going to be interesting. Clausen is shaping out to be a good QB, and those WR's are ridiculous. Their OL also looks much better.

Oh yeah NOT impressed with Terrell Pryor. He's still got a long ways to go, but so far he seems like a follower instead of a leader. Again, he still has a long ways to go, but when I see Forcier/Barkley performing in the clutch it makes me wonder...

See I expect MSU to come out strong on saturday. They got caught looking ahead and mailed it in against the chips. Dantonio suffered his worst loss as a spartan coach so far and he will turn it around this week. this will not be the same ol spartans team this saturday. Look out irish. We are coming for you!!

As far as Pryor. Not impressed at all. Overrated comes to mind right now.