• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Phazon

Where is Hossa?

Rate this topic

Yeah. It's been a couple of games since I last saw him being super active and scoring. He really does need to step it up.

I'm pretty sure Hossa had two goals in the clincher against Columbus. :rolleyes:

This thread is dumb...

I have to agree with the author of this thread...

Hossa is invisible since the beginning of the playoffs.

The 2 goals against a 0-3 BJ team do not mean anything.

Franzen is ten times more valuable in the playoffs than Hossa for a very competitive salary.

I am also disappointed about Zetterberg. He's been solid, but he does not bring leadership to the team. He does not play like a franchise player. I expect him to make plays, not just be a solid 2 way forward who can shoot.

Hossa didn't need to "show up" in the last series, except in Game 4, where he scored two goals (if I'm not mistaken). Also, even if he wasn't putting up great numbers, he was still playing solidly and not making any huge mistakes. I'm going to wait until later in this series before I pass any judgement on him.

As for Zetterberg, he's been killing penalties, winning faceoffs, throwing his weight around (to a certain extent), and his line has been very good at shutting down as well as scoring points. You can question his leadership abilities, but the fact is Zetterberg isn't our leader - Lidström is, and he certainly showed that tonight! Not all "franchise players" need to be play-makers, and I'd say that he's been more than "solid":

I agree with Thomaslupojr - they can't be doing too much wrong if we're 5-0. Obviously there are issues (our powerplay, injuries to defencemen etc.), but I can't agree with the ones being brought up here.

A couple goals is great in the clincher against the jackets, but this guy HAS been lackluster this playoffs IMO.

For 7 million dollars a year, I expected a lot more from him. Especially his hunger, he doesnt seem to want to get his hands too dirty to get the ugly playoffs goals that are required for a team to contend. Hopefully he changes my mind soon, after all, he is making as much as Datsyuk and Lidstrom!

I would resign him, but only in the 4-5 million a year range.

it seems obvious to me that Hossa and Zetterberg have not been making much of a noticeable impact so far in the playoffs. It's a good thing none of you cheerleader type fans are coaches of this team otherwise we'd be headed for disaster. Don't think for a second that Babcock is just fine with everything just because we are 5 and 0.

It's nice that we have a consolidated thread where people who don't have enough to worry about in their lives can post.

Seriously, this may be one of the most unbelievably shortsighted posts I have ever seen here.

We are five games into a playoff run. We've lost zero games. Hossa was a MAN in game four on the road against Columbus. Oh, btw, he was also top five in scoring in the playoffs last year.

I swear if some people couldn't complain, they'd never say anything.

Can we talk about something legitimate instead?

It's nice that we have a consolidated thread where people who don't have enough to worry about in their lives can post.

Seriously, this may be one of the most unbelievably shortsighted posts I have ever seen here.

We are five games into a playoff run. We've lost zero games. Hossa was a MAN in game four on the road against Columbus. Oh, btw, he was also top five in scoring in the playoffs last year.

I swear if some people couldn't complain, they'd never say anything.

Can we talk about something legitimate instead?

We're 5-0.

Last nights game wasn't pretty but it was playoff hockey. And as much as I too have sometimes have wondered or moreso, have waited for Hossa to take over a game or two, it's wayyyy early guys. Enjoy where we are today!

Tomorrow I think the Duckies see a much more dangerous attacking team now that Game 1 is out of the way. Good luck Mr Jonas Hiller. LOL.

the wings win five straight playoff games and you people still find something to whine about. its absolutely amazing.

:bag:

I agree with this. They are undefeated and playing great as a TEAM. People are stepping up and sooner or later the big guys will show up on the stat sheet. Hossa, Z, Dats are playing great games and might not show up on the stats, but it is about the team this time of year.

If they go down a few games or lose a series and these guys havent stepped up, then lets talk about who isnt showing up.

everyone is right! no one can complain! this is not a discussion forum for you to post your opinions!

yay red wings yay! we are the best! all of our players are MVPs! DO NOT EVER criticize any of them because they are the best ever!

rah rah rah! go red wings go!

everyone is right! no one can complain! this is not a discussion forum for you to post your opinions!

yay red wings yay! we are the best! all of our players are MVPs! DO NOT EVER criticize any of them because they are the best ever!

exactly, without lidstrom's heroics last night it wouldnt been 5-0. Let's be real and realize hossa hasnt been the difference so far. If you dont think he doesnt need to step up youre delusional.

That's not the point. Hossa was huge in the series clinching win in terms of goal scoring. He has also been a force defensively and in the all around game. Yes, I would like to see him contributing more but he has not been invisible or playing terribly. He is working his ass off all over the ice and eventually the goals will come.

i think what people are saying is that there's a difference between valid and invalid criticism. when ozzie was really struggling during the regular season, that fell into the former category. this falls into the latter. every night we need enough of our team to step up to win. so far that's happened every game. last night it was lids. sunday, who knows? we're a deep enough team that it doesn't have to be one guy all the time. i mean, datsyuk has been more or less invisible as well. but if we're winning without those two playing great, imagine how we'll do when they find their game.

exactly, without lidstrom's heroics last night it wouldnt been 5-0. Let's be real and realize hossa hasnt been the difference so far. If you dont think he doesnt need to step up youre delusional.

he will step up when he needs to. other than game four vs. cls, we haven't needed him. if hossa had scored that goal last night, would you be saying, "without hossa's heroics, we would have lost. where's lidstrom? he needs to step it up." we need one member of our team to be the hero. hossa will have his day.

Fail...

Hossa wasn't brought here to make a difference. He came here to buy in, blend in and chip in. Has it ever occurred to you that the reason so many of our other guys are producing is because guys like Hossa and Datsyuk are drawing attention from the opponent... thus freeing up said "other guys". It's called a team concept... Mind blowing, I know.

Why do you think teams that go deep into the playoffs almost always need production from (at the very least) two lines?

Think before you type...

Edited by Broken 16

Hossa hasn't shown up in the series? Jeeez, it's been one game for crying out loud. If this was game three and we hadn't heard a peep from him, that's different but goodness... Not even wayne gretzky scored in every playoff game he ever played. Hossa is innocent until proven guilty

and as far as Zetterberg "not showing up:" did anyone happen to see the save that he made when our net was open? He may not have scored last night, but he saved a goal. Either way, that's one goal more in the wings favor at the end of the game.

Hossa hasn't shown up in the series? Jeeez, it's been one game for crying out loud. If this was game three and we hadn't heard a peep from him, that's different but goodness... Not even wayne gretzky scored in every playoff game he ever played. Hossa is innocent until proven guilty

and as far as Zetterberg "not showing up:" did anyone happen to see the save that he made when our net was open? He may not have scored last night, but he saved a goal. Either way, that's one goal more in the wings favor at the end of the game.

That save was the result of a brutal giveaway he coughed up... maybe not the best example. ;)

Yeah. It's been a couple of games since I last saw him being super active and scoring. He really does need to step it up.

a couple games? more like 1 game he was our best player when we clinched against columbus thats why he got two goals. i thought he was active out there he got the shots on net hiller is just very good. he will be there when we need him and the game is on the line dont fret