• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

No Suspension for Brown

Rate this topic

And why do you think the league is against the Wings?? Because you get penalties? Many sportcasters (not in CA) agree that the league treats this like the 2007/2008 Ducks.

The Red Wings bring the NHL HUGE RATINGS! There is no reason to think they are against them.

I mean give a actual example of how the league hates the Red Wings. Because they suspended 2 guys for not attending the all-star break?

There's a lot more to it than penalties.

I'm not usually one to go around chanting about referee bias, but the league continues to assign Dan O'Halloran to reffing our team - even after obvious instances that his calls were less than fair. Danny O was shot in Detroit. Yes, literally shot. We all know that. But Danny O is also the one who started all of this Homer-goals-disallowed-because-butt-is-in-crease bullcrap. Now we all have a little bit of homerism in us.. but you cannot honestly tell me that Holmstrom deserves every single one of those goaltender interference penalties that Danny O loves to hand out to him. He's even been assigned to ref here during the regular season and done the exact same s*** he did in the playoffs.

Like I said, I'm not normally one to go damning the refs and I rarely blame the outcome of a game on the refs - but that even led me to send an e-mail to the officiating association. Any other situation and him reffing here would be seen as a "conflict of interest". But not the Wings.

As for the All-Star suspensions.. it wasn't so much the fact that Lidstrom and Datsyuk got suspended. It was the fact that the league didn't even bother informing the Red Wings organization OR the players themselves that they had made this rule of you can sit out the actual game but you must be here for weekend festivities. Our players found out the same time all of us did - through the media.

And what about the $10,000 fine for swinging the octopus? You mean to tell me that you actually think the rule is valid? That gunk could fly off and "seriously harm" a player or fan? That's probably the most anti-Red Wing rule to date.. and I really wish Illitch would've told the league to shove it where the sun don't shine.

Or maybe it's that Bettman has specifically called the Pittsburgh Penguins the model franchise of the league - even though it's Detroit who gets the players to sign for less. It's Detroit that every player touts as the "dream team to play for". It's Detroit that the Ducks coach got fired over for saying it'd be a dream to coach this team. It's Detroit that draws in viewers. It's Detroit that has the longest current consecutive playoff streak of any team in any major sport. ...But Pittsburgh is the model franchise?

How many TV commercials have you seen - not on local Detroit tv, but about the NHL in general - where Detroit is beating Pittsburgh in the SCF last year? Now compare that to the TV commercials where Pittsburgh is beating US.. and you have your answer.

The league doesn't like that Detroit has been so dominant for so long.. and that's really all there is to it. Why? Because it makes it that much harder for other teams in terms of competing. They just don't think it's good for the sport. And you can bet your bottom dollar whomever the next dynasty may be will run into the exact same things.

So yes, there is DEFINITE bias against the Red Wings.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

I'm not usually one to go around chanting about referee bias, but the league continues to assign Dan O'Halloran to reffing our team - even after obvious instances that his calls were less than fair. Danny O was shot in Detroit. Yes, literally shot. We all know that. But Danny O is also the one who started all of this Homer-goals-disallowed-because-butt-is-in-crease bullcrap. Now we all have a little bit of homerism in us.. but you cannot honestly tell me that Holmstrom deserves every single one of those goaltender interference penalties that Danny O loves to hand out to him. He's even been assigned to ref here during the regular season and done the exact same s*** he did in the playoffs.

Like I said, I'm not normally one to go damning the refs and I rarely blame the outcome of a game on the refs - but that even led me to send an e-mail to the officiating association. Any other situation and him reffing here would be seen as a "conflict of interest". But not the Wings.

As for the All-Star suspensions.. it wasn't so much the fact that Lidstrom and Datsyuk got suspended. It was the fact that the league didn't even bother informing the Red Wings organization OR the players themselves that they had made this rule of you can sit out the actual game but you must be here for weekend festivities. Our players found out the same time all of us did - through the media.

And what about the $10,000 fine for swinging the octopus? You mean to tell me that you actually think the rule is valid? That gunk could fly off and "seriously harm" a player or fan? That's probably the most anti-Red Wing rule to date.. and I really wish Illitch would've told the league to shove it where the sun don't shine.

Or maybe it's that Bettman has specifically called the Pittsburgh Penguins the model franchise of the league - even though it's Detroit who gets the players to sign for less. It's Detroit that every player touts as the "dream team to play for". It's Detroit that the Ducks coach got fired over for saying it'd be a dream to coach this team. It's Detroit that draws in viewers. It's Detroit that has the longest current consecutive playoff streak of any team in any major sport. ...But Pittsburgh is the model franchise?

How many TV commercials have you seen - not on local Detroit tv, but about the NHL in general - where Detroit is beating Pittsburgh in the SCF last year? Now compare that to the TV commercials where Pittsburgh is beating US.. and you have your answer.

The league doesn't like that Detroit has been so dominant for so long.. and that's really all there is to it. Why? Because it makes it that much harder for other teams in terms of competing. They just don't think it's good for the sport. And you can bet your bottom dollar whomever the next dynasty may be will run into the exact same things.

Sad, but true.

Don't really mind that there was no suspension. I mind that Carlyle then tried to fish for a suspension on Kronner by saying he left his feet and drew blood. Last year Trotz, and Therein did it, and this year both Hitchcock and Carlyle have done it. I absolutely hate when coaches bring their dirty laundry to the media to try to get things called in their favor.

Babcock responded with a classy move. He says it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what the league thinks and then refuses to talk about those things in the press.

Babcock is not only the best, but the classiest coach in the entire league, its a shame he doesn't get the Jack Adams recognition he deserves.

Poetry and truth, all at once. :beerbuddy:

Babcock responded with a classy move. He says it doesn't matter what I think, it matters what the league thinks and then refuses to talk about those things in the press.

Babcock is not only the best, but the classiest coach in the entire league, its a shame he doesn't get the Jack Adams recognition he deserves.

Truth. Although it's easier to be classy when you're on the winning side. :D

If the league wants hits to the head out of the game, they need to suspend players everytime for that stuff. This just tells the ducks that the line is right there, so they can continue to do it again.

someone needs to take a baseball swing at perry tomorrow. right to his fuc*ing teeth! fuc* these ducks!

That's what the Ducks want the Wings to do. They want the Wings to fall into that trap but they won't because the Wings are too smart. The Wings need to focus on winning game #2, not getting retribution. The best retribution the Wings can achieve is winning the game.

I agree with the call, Hudler had just gotten rid of the puck (1 second) had his head down which makes him even shorter than he usually is. I'm not arguing it wasn't a penalty, but the 5 minute and game misconduct was adequate.

I am ok with the punishments that were delt out because Jiri was able to play in the 2nd.

However, I hope the lenient penalty doesn't open the doorway for even worse things to come.

I don't believe it should work that way. Has intent was to knock Hudler's head off his shoulders, and he did it in a dirty way. If the NHL won't suspend people unless there is an injury then prepare to see a lot more injuries.

I don't believe it should work that way. Has intent was to knock Hudler's head off his shoulders, and he did it in a dirty way. If the NHL won't suspend people unless there is an injury then prepare to see a lot more injuries.

I don't think it should either. I agree just because Jiri was able to play in the second doesn't mean what he did would have the same end results on another player.

He was kicked out of the game, their team received a 5 minute major in which the Wings scored on.(Which is much more then a game suspension would have done to the poultry since Brown is a mediocre player).

I don't think ANY dirty hits should be looked at as being OK. That also goes for ANY dirty hits that our team would throw. But there is no changing what the League has done now. We just move on and hope it doesn't get worse.