• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 2 GDT: Ducks 4 at Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

I think the wings will dominate this game a little more. Everyone includng their players are saying how the ducks played with them and showed they were at the wings level...the team I saw in the red and white last game wasn't really at the wings level, they were sloppy, rusty and making some bad decisions. If they tighten up and play smart and determined, Anaheim has no chance.

^^ Completely agree!

Make no mistake - Game #1 was NOT Detroit at their best. Plus Drapes and more importantly, Rafs are both still out. Anaheim's video prep was a WASTE!! They haven't seen the 08/09 Red Wings edition yet.

Go Wings!!

Make no mistake - Game #1 was NOT Detroit at their best. Plus Drapes and more importantly, Rafs are both still out. Anaheim's video prep was a WASTE!! They haven't seen the 08/09 Red Wings edition yet.

I dont think you saw the 100% Ducks either. They were extremely careless w/ the puck and nobody was skating hard.

If the Ducks are to win they need a big game from Hiller/Selanne/Ryan

Will be hard the 2nd game without Rafalski... it's probably 50/50 who win, hope wings win of course.

It's game 2 and the Wings have home ice. They are heavily favored by everybody in the Media. They are only missing Rafalski and you say it's 50-50.

Where do you come up with this crap midfly?

It's game 2 and the Wings have home ice. They are heavily favored by everybody in the Media. They are only missing Rafalski and you say it's 50-50.

Where do you come up with this crap midfly?

This time he's right. Game 1 was almost perfectly even. This series is going to be tough. Anaheim is by far the best team left in the playoffs other than Detroit and maybe Boston. It's not going to be a cakewalk. Detroit can win this series, but they have to keep grinding away at Anaheim.

This time he's right. Game 1 was almost perfectly even. This series is going to be tough. Anaheim is by far the best team left in the playoffs other than Detroit and maybe Boston. It's not going to be a cakewalk. Detroit can win this series, but they have to keep grinding away at Anaheim.

It was very close, but I think the Wings started pretty slow and rusty after a week off. By the third period they had finally gotten their legs and decidedly controlled play to the tune of an 18-7 shots advantage.

This is a different game of course, nobody knows the way it's gonna be.

Ohboyohboyohboy! NBC and my friend Trisha gets that channel and she said I can come over if her hubby hasn't got anything planned, but he's cool, so I'm getting my hopes up.

Perry coughs the puck up to Ericsson out of fear, gets leveled by Kronner, and leaves in the first period with a "middle body injury" later determined to be some sort of cramps. The doctor gives him mefenamic acid, and he returns in the third, at which time Pavel and Sammy "get him".

Pronger is a last minute scratch after getting his elbow stuck in a ceiling fan.

Wings win.

Let's go RED WINGS! I can't wait for this game!!!!! Let's tighten it up boys, play your game, stay out of the box and SCORE LOL....yes, all the things you need to do to WIN this GAME!!!!

Please, don't admire your passes..../sarcasm

And Red Wings Nation West - if you are attending Games 3 or 4 or both..please check my signature for gathering information and let me know ASAP if you can make it as I need to make bar reservations TODAY!!!!! RWNW it's time to REPRESENT!!!!

Current Streaks

Historical Franchise

Overall: 6-game winning streak (1 shutout)

Home: 3-game winning streak (1 shutout).

Season Playoffs

Overall: 5-game winning streak (1 shutout)

Home: 3-game winning streak (1 shutout).

Playoff games vs. Anaheim

Streaks: 1-game winning streak

Home: 1-game winning streak.

Series Game 2

This is the 109th Series Game 2 played. The Club’s record in the previous 108 games:

66W-42L.

This is the 87th Game 2 in a best-of-seven series played. The Club’s record in the previous 86 games:

51W-35L.

This the 60th Game 2 in a best-of-seven series with home ice advantage played. The Club’s record in the previous 59 games:

39W-20L.

Conference Series Game 2

This is the 11th Conference Semi-Final Game 2 played. The Club’s record in the previous 10 games:

9W-1L.

This is the 9th Conference Semi-Final Game 2 with home ice advantage played. The Club’s record in the previous 8 games:

8W-0L.

Game 2 vs. Anaheim

This is the 5th Game 2 in a Series vs. Anaheim played. The Club’s record in the previous 4 games:

2W-2L.

Game 2 Record, following Game 1 Win

This is the 49th Game 2, following a Game 1 win, in a best-of-seven series: the Club’s record in the previous 48 games:

33W-15L.

This is the 41st Game 2, following a Game 1 win, in a best-of-seven series with home ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 40 games:

29W-11L.

This is the 7th Game 2, following a Game 1 win, in a Conference Semi-Final. The Club’s record in the previous 6 games:

6W-0L.

This is the 6th Game 2, following a Game 1 win, in a Conference Semi-Final with home ice advantage. The Club’s record in the previous 5 games:

5W-0L.

Games on this Date

This is the 9th game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 8 games:

4W-4L.

This is the 8th playoff game played on this date. The Club’s record in the previous 7 games:

3W-4L.

LGW.

Ohboyohboyohboy! NBC and my friend Trisha gets that channel and she said I can come over if her hubby hasn't got anything planned, but he's cool, so I'm getting my hopes up.

Perry coughs the puck up to Ericsson out of fear, gets leveled by Kronner, and leaves in the first period with a "middle body injury" later determined to be some sort of cramps. The doctor gives him mefenamic acid, and he returns in the third, at which time Pavel and Sammy "get him".

Pronger is a last minute scratch after getting his elbow stuck in a ceiling fan.

Wings win.

:rotflmao: I swear you just get better with each game.

Meanwhile, I think the Wings have a great chance to win this one. KEEP UP THE PACE. Use all four lines. (The grind line was huge in helping to wear them down.) Take advantage of their stupid-ass penalties.

TRAFFIC TO THE NET!!!

GO, WINGS! GO, SWEET OZZIE!!

We didn't play well enough yesterday - stupid penalties were taken (Franzén and Holmström cost us a powerplay, and then they scored on the ensuing 4-3 - though I agree that Pronger went for a magic carpet ride rather easily), our PP wasn't really clicking with Sammy on the 1st unit (I expect to see Stuart and Ericsson out there more tonight) and at points skating looked a bit rusty and passes weren't always crisp. However, we played a good 3rd period, and our 4th line performed above my expectations.

Heads down, play hard, blah blah blah. And don't go running after Brown, I'd much rather see Kronwall lay out Niedermeyer (unlikely) or Ryan or someone than waste a hit on a no-hoper like Brown.

"Let's just winna freakin' [series]!"

"We are winnin' the freakin' [series]!"

Let's Go Wings! I'm am sooo ready for this one! This is going to be a crucial game. Going up 2 games would be huge!

Hopefully the Wings get things going right away and keep it rollin'. Keep up the physical play and play hard! I think it will be a close game but the Wings will prevail victorious! :siren:

WooWhoo, Let's Go Wings!!!!

I'll be at the Joe cheering em on! This may be my only playoff game (hope not). Was at Cobo Arena for a concert last night, Joe today..

I'm from Kalamazoo so I've got to make the trip worth it. Gotta support Olympia Ent!

Lets Go Wings!!! GET A W!

I agree game 1 was very even. So what would be different? It was quite apparent that the Wings were rusty in game 1. There passing wasn't sharp and they weren't skating well until the 3rd period when they took the game over. They outshot the Ducks 18-7 in the 3rd period. Obviously the rust had worn off.

So same line-up but the Wings are no longer rusty. I'm not expecting a blow-out but it's more than a 50-50 shot. The Wings have the edge.

On another note Getzlaf played 27:55 in game 1. I have never heard of a forward playing those kind of minutes, but I guess that's what happens when the team has no depth on forward. If they stay with this strategy Getzlaf is going to be drained ...

I agree game 1 was very even. So what would be different? It was quite apparent that the Wings were rusty in game 1. There passing wasn't sharp and they weren't skating well until the 3rd period when they took the game over. They outshot the Ducks 18-7 in the 3rd period. Obviously the rust had worn off.

So same line-up but the Wings are no longer rusty. I'm not expecting a blow-out but it's more than a 50-50 shot. The Wings have the edge.

On another note Getzlaf played 27:55 in game 1. I have never heard of a forward playing those kind of minutes, but I guess that's what happens when the team has no depth on forward. If they stay with this strategy Getzlaf is going to be drained ...

I agree. Both teams separated the time of period with their own momentum but the most importantly, we won the game 1. We knew the Wings could be very tough in game 1 because they had not played for like 8 days while the Ducks went to game 6 against the Sharks. As we know, the Wings did not play up to their potential level but this game, we have to play with our full Red Wings talent and full effort.

Getzlaf played a lot of minute and so will today and throughout the series. For sure, the Ducks first line and Selanne are dangerous but if eihter our first line or second line play far better than game 1 and shut the Ducks first line down, the Wings other 2 lines will boost up and generate all offensive chances.

This one is HUGE. The Wings need to treat this as a must-win, and they'll be in good shape.

Exactly... if they lose this one, they will lose the series cause it's going to be hard winning one in Anaheim... but if they win i think they will steal one in Anaheim and be in good shape