• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 2 GDT: Ducks 4 at Red Wings 3 (3OT)

Rate this topic

I agree game 1 was very even. So what would be different? It was quite apparent that the Wings were rusty in game 1. There passing wasn't sharp and they weren't skating well until the 3rd period when they took the game over. They outshot the Ducks 18-7 in the 3rd period. Obviously the rust had worn off.

So same line-up but the Wings are no longer rusty. I'm not expecting a blow-out but it's more than a 50-50 shot. The Wings have the edge.

On another note Getzlaf played 27:55 in game 1. I have never heard of a forward playing those kind of minutes, but I guess that's what happens when the team has no depth on forward. If they stay with this strategy Getzlaf is going to be drained ...

Getzlaf only played those kind of minutes because of Browns asshattery. I don't expect that again unless there is another ejection. That being said he cant' get those minutes back, they are out of his gas tank. Hopefully he pays the price for it somewhere.

I don't think it was that even a game Friday night. The Ducks hit 2 posts and missed at least 2 nearly open net chances. We missed some as well. I would settle for starting out 50/50 knowing we can get so much better.

The one thing I don't want to see is anyone going out of their way to line Brown up. Just play our game and let karma take care of s*** like karma does.

I think this is a big game for the Wings, because Ducks might have an upperhand in game three. I think we take it by three goals!!!

5-2 wings...

Goals...

Det:

Hossa (2)

dats

Helm

Zett

Ducks:

Perry (looked very good in game one)

Getz

This will be a game of epic bias in favor of Anaheim. Wings will have to be better than Anaheim by a near 3:1 ratio. Bad penalties at important moments, goals called back not only of Holmstrom but now Franzen and Kopecky. Bettman will clamp his bank statement every time Detroit gets a scoring chance. Beware! May superior skill be with Detroit!

Edited by Zetterling

We need guys like Z, Dats and Hossa to get going. Winning without them producing is nice and shows off our depth, but it's not going to last forever. I'd love to see goals from a couple of them this afternoon.

Sunday afternoon playoff games are one of life's greatest gifts. Let's enjoy it.

I really hope we see the Wings come out flying unlike Friday.

I certaily would love to see us outplay and outclass them.

Datsuk needs to step it up and get some points.

Don't worry about brown, worry about winning the second game.

We need guys like Z, Dats and Hossa to get going. Winning without them producing is nice and shows off our depth, but it's not going to last forever. I'd love to see goals from a couple of them this afternoon.

Sunday afternoon playoff games are one of life's greatest gifts. Let's enjoy it.

bow your head.

Our hockey god (howe), who art in Bloomfield Hills,

Hallowed be thy Name.

Thy kingdom come.

Thy will be done,

In the Joe as it is in Detroit.

Give us this day our daily Win

And forgive us our Elbows,

As we forgive those who Elbow against us.

And lead us not into the golf course,

But deliver us from Pronger.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Guest Shoreline

I hope the Wings can overcome swine flu and the evil Gary Bettman's dastardly schemes against this team. :o

bow your head.

Our hockey god, who art in Bloomfield Hills,

Hallowed be thy Name.

Thy kingdom come.

Thy will be done,

In the Joe as it is in Detroit.

Give us this day our daily Win

And forgive us our Elbows,

As we forgive those who Elbow against us.

And lead us not into the golf course,

But deliver us from Pronger.

Bloomfield Hills, I don't get that part. But deliver us from Pronger. That's great. :lol:

If I know it's going to be on NBC, I'll just add 5hrs to it and be done with it...I guess I can just record VERSUS too on the off chance it gets thrown over there. Gotta love having a 1TB drive in my tivo.

dayum i wish my s***ty ass dvr had that

Ohboyohboyohboy! NBC and my friend Trisha gets that channel and she said I can come over if her hubby hasn't got anything planned, but he's cool, so I'm getting my hopes up.

Perry coughs the puck up to Ericsson out of fear, gets leveled by Kronner, and leaves in the first period with a "middle body injury" later determined to be some sort of cramps. The doctor gives him mefenamic acid, and he returns in the third, at which time Pavel and Sammy "get him".

Pronger is a last minute scratch after getting his elbow stuck in a ceiling fan.

Wings win.

Some of you kid these days have crazy imaginations. Where do you come up with this stuff, lol?

I'm thinking it will be a tight game until the 3rd and the Wings will take over. Wings win this one 6-2. Hossa with the Hatty and Arby's finally has to pay. Let's Go Wings!! 1 Hour till game time, can't wait!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Exactly... if they lose this one, they will lose the series cause it's going to be hard winning one in Anaheim... but if they win i think they will steal one in Anaheim and be in good shape

Not necessarily. In 2007 they split the 1st 2 home games with the Sharks who were "bigger, faster and stronger" and then lost game 3 in San Jose. After that they won three straight and sent the Sharks packing.

Kill. Maim. Destroy. Obliterate. Annihilate. Win.

Okay boys and girls, the juju for tonight's game is still Dark Side of the Moon. I'm riding this one until I can't anymore, and you can't go wrong with good tunes. They give the team a little boost. Again, live performances of the songs from this album are acceptable, but NOT covers. The performers have to be either Pink Floyd or members of that band during their solo tours. Anything else breaks the juju and we cannot break the juju.

Wings win, Hank with the hat trick. You know the deal. Let's make it happen!!!

We got this one made.

Wings will come out hard and rock the Ducks.

Hopefully we won't have to play against the refs all game like we did in game one. The non-calls against the Ducks were atrocious.