• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kwame_Kilpatrick

Nicklas Backstrom to Detroit?

Rate this topic

okay this is not goalie niklas backstrom of minnesota wilds but swedish center nicklas backstrom of washington capitals. he is a passer of great skill and a good defensive player also. very low key swedish style of play he is the next sundin (except better). his contract is finish after next season, same time lidstrom contract is done, and many think liddy will retire. with big ericsson cming up on d it will make room for a new star to join the club. datsyuk and hank and hossa will be old then do u think maybe backstrom will join red wings he could be the next swedish god

article_11401_2.jpg

Nicklas-Backstrom7.jpg

article_20070_2.jpg

Nicklas_Baeckstroem-2292.jpg

I would love this to happen, but there is no way he is leaving Washington. He is currently the centre and set-up man for the best goal-scorer in the league, and he'd have to be insane to walk away from that.

there is a chance how can Washington afford mile green ovechkin and semin and backs at same time. numbers are not adding. green and semin both will want big deals and backy will need more than 1m he is making now if he can keep his hair groomed. btw backstrom is much better than sundin by many kilometres

It will take at least TWO players to "replace" Lidstrom. He's a once in a generation defenseman. We'd need to sign a top flight defender and then find a guy who can help with outlet passing and some serious powerplay time. OR go get a top flight netminder to help cover for the mistakes Nick used to cover so seamlessly for AND a solid D man.

Now it looks like they'll have the money to do it but I think it'll take a couple roster spots to give us what Nick gave us with one

No, he's not UFA.

I love your photo of Datsyuk's GWG vs. the sharks, game 2 back in '07, I was at the game and when he scored it I jumped three feet in the air and spilled a nine dollar beer all over myslef, totally worth it!