• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike

CALM DOWN Threads//Merged

Rate this topic

It's 1 game. Just one. No expected the Wings to sweep their way through this series. It's their first loss after 5 consecutive playoff wins. I hate to say it, but the Wings were due for a loss. Remember, it took the Ducks 3OT to beat the Wings. On to Game #3.

Serenity Now, Goosfraba, etc.

To be honest with you I'm really upset about this game but ... hey look at it this way ... Ducks are dead tired Getzlaf and Pronger Niedermayer all those people are getting tired. There legs will eventually give up on them. Wings just had a major rest on top of that 2 players resting and healing ... so it's not that bad.

It's our first loss of playoffs we weren't seriously going to go 16-0 lool.

Anyways Go Wings Go ... if we had Drapes winning more faceoffs and Ralf in the PP this series would be much different still to that don't worry wing fans ... GO WINGS GOOOO

*P.S. Hossa's bound to explode soon ...

Edited by KrazyGangsta

FINALLY a REAL FREAKING THREAD....

5-1 to start a playoff run. Pretty darn good if you ask me.

Im all for letting a series play out at least 3-4 games before making predictions tho.

Did anyone really think that we would sweep the Ducks? the thought is nice..for sure.

Im with this thread 100% CALM DOWN!

"I'm Hockeytown_Ryan, and I approve this thread"

I know the elections are over I could not resist

There is no need for us to panic now. Yea it is very frustrating to lose the game in triple overtime but it is not the end of the season. It is an even series and it does not matter where the Wings play, Anaheim or Detroit.

If the Wings play up to the potential like they did since the 3rd period and find many ways to beat Hiller, the Wings will claim a victory.

Some people here expect the Wings win the Stanley cup with 16-0..

Guest MrSandMan
To be honest with you I'm really upset about this game but ... hey look at it this way ... Ducks are dead tired Getzlaf and Pronger Niedermayer all those people are getting tired. There legs will eventually give up on them. Wings just had a major rest on top of that 2 players resting and healing ... so it's not that bad.

It's our first loss of playoffs we weren't seriously going to go 16-0 lool.

Anyways Go Wings Go ... if we had Drapes winning more faceoffs and Ralf in the PP this series would be much different still to that don't worry wing fans ... GO WINGS GOOOO

*P.S. Hossa's bound to explode soon ...

Indeed. And he will destroy all the Ducks hope!

Series is tied 1-1 (and they barely won game 2), and they have not even tasted what this team is capable of... They are in for a BIG surprise!

Detroit's rust should be about off and they will bring it to them in gm#3

I think the panicking is hilarious. Last year we lost our first game in Rd 1 Game 3. It took us 6 games to lose our first one. It's a best of 5 series now.

Babcock knows what he's doing and can make adjustments.

We should be getting Draper back which will be huge in keeping the pressure up and keeping the puck in their zone.

If/When we get Rafalski back, the Ducks top line won't be as effective. We're fine...

After a very long game and some travel back to the west coast the teams should indeed be tired lucky for the wings they had a chance to rest after their 4 game sweep of columbus. I like the odds lets hope they work in the wings favour.

And as someone already said 16-0 ya would be nice but you gotta stop and think about that for a second REALISTICLY.

Guest lilja4mvp
I predict we win in 5.

the wings will not win both games in anaheim.

you can take that to the bank.

I haven't been on the boards all day, but I expected people to be going crazy.

Look...

It's our first loss in the playoffs, and it wasn't a blowout, just appeared tonight the Ducks were the better team. They were more hungry today then our team was. That being said, we can't lose our heads over one game. The series is tied 1-1, lets enjoy a good match up.

I certainly didn't think we would sweep the ducks, in fact I see this series as our toughest one. I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if this went the full 7, although I wouldn't mind if we won in 5 or 6. It was hard to lose in the 3rd OT but we owned them most of the OT. We are also lucky that in we went into OT considering the lucky break we got on the 1st goal. I have faith in the Wings, they will get it done!

Oh my god.

If people are seriously panicking NOW, then they really need to chill the f*** out.

The series is TIED! We went FIVE GAMES without being defeated, and it took a TRIPLE OVERTIME before we finally did lose. I'd say that's pretty damn good. Besides, it's the PLAYOFFS!! Of course we're going to lose some games. <_< Do some people here honestly think we'll sweep every series?

We'll be FINE. Most people are predicting wins in five or six games anyway, so that obviously means we'll have to lose a couple. I'm not worried, and no one else should be worried either.

I heard a guy on the radio send a text message in talking about how we should just pack up now and move on to a different sport, 'cause this series is over.

I was like really? You're an idiot.

I heard a guy on the radio send a text message in talking about how we should just pack up now and move on to a different sport, 'cause this series is over.

That is just downright sad. Doesn't surprise me though.

We can't go up 2-0 in all our series. It's just most likely not gonna happen. It'd be great, but it's not so bad to split at home. Game 3 is huge, but the Wings will be fine.

Um, I just want to point out that the first 4 of our 5 wins was against COLUMBUS. This series is seriously 50/50. I can't join in the over confidence.

I wonder If it was a visiting Ducks fan....

I agree it's just one game. I saw tons of heart from Ericsson and Helm today. Seen Helm around the puck everytime he was on the ice. And Ericsson has just been a beast, big minutes with Lids.

Great thing to see from our young boys.

Game 3 here we come