• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjradio

Poor Crosby / Double Standard

Rate this topic

Crosby was asked about Oveckin's hat trick tonight, his response.

'"People kept throwing hats," Sidney Crosby said tonight. "I was just asking if he could make an announcement to ask them to stop. I mean, the first wave came and then I think they were all pretty much picked up, and then more started coming. So for us, we just wanted to make sure we kept kind of moving and kept the game going, wanted to try to get back in it. So wasn't complaining about anything."

Shut the hell up you whiny ass crybaby. How about don't give up the hat trick and you don't have to worry about it.

He's just sad because there was only 1 hat thrown when he scored his hat trick.

It was probably a pity hat too. Crosby needs to STFU and grow a pair. Who is Crosby to put down a hockey tradition like this?

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia. What a sniveling little crybaby! This coming from the "man" who is suppose to be the "face of the NHL".

Maybe, it's time for a new poster boy. A tradition is a tradition for a reason, grow up!

Edited by HanKarin40

Every time you want to give the guy props for something - like scoring all the goals for his team in a playoff game - he comes out and says something like this.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH, Crosby, and more people would like you. This guy is doing a TERRIBLE job of following in the footsteps of class acts like Yzerman and Sakic. You've been in the league, what, 3 years now? Learn to keep your mouth shut and stop whining.

No wonder he was voted the biggest whiner by his peers.

Even if I didn't know the Pens played tonight, I can usually figure it out by the mandatory "whine about something Crosby said or did" thread on here.

In a role reversal between #s 8 and 87, you guys would be rationalizing it along the lines of "Ovie's a competitor who has passion for the game!" He was just pissed off, probably about the ridiculously weak goal Fleury let up leading to the hat shower. If he WASN'T pissed about an opponent getting a hat trick against his team, I'd question his heart.

Even if I didn't know the Pens played tonight, I can usually figure it out by the mandatory "whine about something Crosby said or did" thread on here.

In a role reversal between #s 8 and 87, you guys would be rationalizing it along the lines of "Ovie's a competitor who has passion for the game!" He was just pissed off, probably about the ridiculously weak goal Fleury let up leading to the hat shower. If he WASN'T pissed about an opponent getting a hat trick against his team, I'd question his heart.

Ovie didn't complain about Crosby's hat trick and the proceeding 1 hat that was thrown on the ice. Seems to me that Crosby just doesn't like hats. :D

And since its a Crosby thread, you have to come in to his rescue per usual. :rolleyes:

I like how you talk about a hypothetical role reversal, as if its par for the course for Ovechkin to whine about inane events.

Who got voted biggest whiner in the NHL by NHL players? Maybe you should be criticizing those guys too.

"I mean, yeah, he's made some timely saves," Crosby said. "I still think we can do a better job of burying the puck and capitalizing on our chances. The difference is a few inches, but he battles and he competes, and there's times where he's out of position but he finds a way to get a piece of his body on it. So as a shooter you have to make sure that you bear down, and we have to really correct that quickly. I mean, there are times when he's kind of swimming in the crease and we've got some loose pucks and we've got to put them in."

seriously this guy doesnt know how to or doesn't like to give other people's credit. Varlamov is playing well for the caps and crosby is implying varlamov was just lucky to get the saves. exactly like what he said when zetterberg shuts him down in the pentaly kill last year's cup finals.

If he WASN'T pissed about an opponent getting a hat trick against his team, I'd question his heart.

If Yzerman/Lidstrom/Dasyuk/Zetterberg ever bitched about fans throwing hats on the ice after a hat trick, I wouldn't be a Wings fan. Period. The guy whines and moans about EVERYTHING. When he isn't crying, he's relishing in undeserved attention from the greater Pittsburgh area (and gullible hockey fans across the US and Canada) for achievements that he has yet to receive (i.e. a Stanley Cup). He's a poor role model and an embarrassment to the league. This is just another reminder of how much of an arrogant, self-centered S.O.B. he really is. The NHL really is the 'Sidney Crosby Show' in his eyes. What a joke.

If Yzerman/Lidstrom/Dasyuk/Zetterberg ever bitched about fans throwing hats on the ice after a hat trick, I wouldn't be a Wings fan. Period. The guy whines and moans about EVERYTHING. When he isn't crying, he's relishing in undeserved attention from the greater Pittsburgh area (and gullible hockey fans across the US and Canada) for achievements that he has yet to receive (i.e. a Stanley Cup). He's a poor role model and an embarrassment to the league. This is just another reminder of how much of an arrogant, self-centered S.O.B. he really is. The NHL really is the 'Sidney Crosby Show' in his eyes. What a joke.

:siren: QFT :siren: I have never seen a player let alone a captain complain as much as Crosby does. Someone should give him the giant ass kicking that he needs.

It was probably a pity hat too. Crosby needs to STFU and grow a pair. Who is Crosby to put down a hockey tradition like this?

Excellent :clap:

This Cindy Crapsby needs to learn how to react after the end of a game. He totally looks like a crybaby all over the ice. It is quite funny how s***sburgh fans call him NHL's golden boy. It is all Buttman's fault.

Yes he's talented. However he's a giant ******. Someone shove a pacifier in his mouth and tell him to get back to work.

The thing is, it is also quite funny how crybaby fans protect him by stating that Crapsby haters start the debate first and make hatred on Crapsby without any reason. The truth is, this ****** makes himself an idiot and such an as*hole.

Ovie should have picked up the one hat that was thrown on the ice after Crosby's hat trick and skated it on over to him.

And since its a Crosby thread, you have to come in to his rescue per usual. :rolleyes:

I like how you talk about a hypothetical role reversal, as if its par for the course for Ovechkin to whine about inane events.

Who got voted biggest whiner in the NHL by NHL players? Maybe you should be criticizing those guys too.

Come in to his rescue per usual? I think you meant NumbaSixty-Six. That's a good one, especially given that I don't particularly like the guy. To be sure, I don't particularly DISlike him either. I'm actually quite indifferent. FWIW, my opinion is that he's a great player who probably wasn't psychologically ready for the responsibility given to him (the whole "face of the NHL" thing, and the captaincy too). Mostly though, I find LGW's ridiculous obsession with picking apart everything he says and does pretty freaking hilarious.

It wasn't really my point to guess what Ovechkin would or wouldn't do, just to point out that certain people can do no right and certain people can do no wrong to a lot of you guys. Feel free to substitute Milan Lucic if you want.

Is he a whiner? If his fellow players say so, then he probably is. There isn't any shortage of whiners in the NHL though, so why give a crap about this one? You know you're only feeding into the idea that Crosby's the center of the NHL universe by talking about him so much, right?