• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjradio

Poor Crosby / Double Standard

Rate this topic

Guest NumbaSixty-Six

Wings fans are so dysfunctional with their obession with Crosby :popcorn: It makes me Laugh.

Guest Shoreline
Simple. I don't like you.

I'm not sure where you're getting insecurity from. I've done nothing but praise Crosby throughout this entire thread. I think you just enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing. Ignoring what won't validate (in your mind anyway) an argument. You seem to be an attention seeker. Always going against the spirit of whatever thread you enter for the sake of gaining "Hey... Look at me!" points. We see you, no worries.

You and Doc Holiday insist on dragging Malkin into this discussion for some reason, even though he has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. If you can't grasp the concept that perhaps the pressure of having a camera shoved in your face 24/7 might be wearing on the KID, then I guess we can continue to discuss how Malkin seems to be a no-show in the playoffs I guess. To what end and for what reason, I have no idea. But ok... Malkin is a ghost. :rolleyes:

Sucks you don't like me. I could care less about you, and it's obvious you go out of your way to respond to me, which is cool with me.. it means you spend too much time "seeing me". It's great to have fans. :lol:

And actually, if you read more of my posts you'd see if there's a reason to agree with it and it makes sense, then I'd go with "the spirit" of a thread. I don't just go along with things because it happens to be popular -- i.e. this obsession with Crosby. Malkin has everything to do with a topic if it includes criticizing Crosby as a person who buckles under pressure. If Crosby buckles under pressure, Malkin implodes.

Edited by Shoreline

Sucks you don't like me. I could care less about you, and it's obvious you go out of your way to respond to me, which is cool with me.. it means you spend too much time "seeing me". It's great to have fans. :lol:

And actually, if you read more of my posts you'd see if there's a reason to agree with it and it makes sense, then I'd go with "the spirit" of a thread. I don't just go along with things because it happens to be popular -- i.e. this obsession with Crosby. Malkin has everything to do with a topic if it includes criticizing Crosby as a person who buckles under pressure. If Crosby buckles under pressure, Malkin implodes.

If your definition of fans are people that think someone is a complete idiot, then yes... I'm a HUGE fan of yours.

Crosby was asked about Oveckin's hat trick tonight, his response.

'"People kept throwing hats," Sidney Crosby said tonight. "I was just asking if he could make an announcement to ask them to stop. I mean, the first wave came and then I think they were all pretty much picked up, and then more started coming. So for us, we just wanted to make sure we kept kind of moving and kept the game going, wanted to try to get back in it. So wasn't complaining about anything."

Shut the hell up you whiny ass crybaby. How about don't give up the hat trick and you don't have to worry about it.

he's a whiny ass little ******. I'd like to see him get beaten down here soon, maybe he'll shut his trap then

He's just sad because there was only 1 hat thrown when he scored his hat trick.

When crosby scores a hat trick they should throw out diapers and pacifiers.

and somebody please ask him to shave... seriously, the fat mexican lady down the street from me has 3 times the facial hair that he does and this punk is considered "the face of hockey" P L E A S E

haha, well apparently Crosby and the Pens are accusing Ovie of using an illegal stick.....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=421716

When asked directly about Ovechkin's stick, Penguins captain Sidney Crosby tried to be evasive, saying, "He's got a big curve. I really don't know. I don't know curves well enough to know what's illegal and what's not.

"I don't have to change my stick in the third period or anything like that," No. 87 said. "I don't have to worry about the curve. He's got a big curve."

Sidney Crosby is such a little s***. I'm sorry, but it's the honest-to-God truth.

The telling fact is that they made these accusations via the press instead of risking the measurement during the game and potentially going on the PK.

So Crosby doesn't like the fact that Ovie has a "big curve"...???

The telling fact is that they made these accusations via the press instead of risking the measurement during the game and potentially going on the PK.

thats a damn good point, i didnt think of that. every curve must look excessive to Crosby and his flat twig

by the way Cindy, Ovies curve is about 12 inches up your ass at the moment!

Crosby is obviously the best scorer on his team. But maybe he should also work on being a great CAPTAIN. Don't embarrass your team with your whining. Lead your squad. Respect your opponents, take your defeats with class, and get back out and play. Don't whine and complain like a *****.

Guest Shoreline
If your definition of fans are people that think someone is a complete idiot, then yes... I'm a HUGE fan of yours.

No, like, a devoted follower. You're more like my disciple. :) Hell, just as smart as one too! :lol:

Edited by Shoreline

Guest NumbaSixty-Six

Ok, well before you try and make this a "Crosby Whines" thread you must actually know what Fat BB does. Puck Daddy had a page about Brodeau crying during the Ranger series.

Lets make this thread about NHL officiating. I firmly believe that "Personal Judgement and Instinct" should be totally taken out. Call what you see, do your best to see everything you can. Refs aren't going to be able to see everything and thats part of the Game. The game of Hockey is Passionate and intense, things are suppose to boil over and there is suppose to be controversey thats what makes the game so entertaining. When your team is undiscplined or angry and they take stupid ******* penalties there shouldn't be any "Make Up Calls".

“I was disappointed with the officiating last night,†said McPhee, who made the comments knowing he could face a stiff fine from the league for commenting about the officials. “One team gets seven power plays and the other team gets two; it’s hard to win that game. Your defense is tired, your role players are tired from killing penalties all night, and your top players don’t get on the ice as much as they’d like to.â€

What a Whiny stupid *****.

“What gives is we talked to the (NHL) supervisor last series about protecting the goalie,†Boudreau said. “(The N.Y. Rangers’ Sean) Avery punched Varlamov in the face, and we talked after Game 2 about (Penguins forward Chris) Kunitz cross-checking Varlie in the face. Yesterday, (center Evgeni) Malkin runs into the goalie, just comes into the corner and just barrels right through him. There’s no protection for the goalies, and I thought that was a big point and we have to reiterate that. And you retaliate for something like that – and it was a flick of the stick; it wasn’t a slash – and we get called for it. I’m hoping the 17-9 could very well or, at least, should be equal at this stage.â€

Stfu fattie.

Boudreau again

“I thought it was sticky,†Boudreau said. “I say this because there’s a couple arenas in the league that we walk across and it’s very … you’ve really got to be aware that you don’t fall. When we walked across the ice, it was easy to walk across. I commented, ‘This ice is going to be slow tonight.’ Although it wasn’t slow for them, it seemed slower to us.â€

And again (Washington Post)

“Pretty classless act on CBC’s part,†Bruce Boudreau said. “I mean, we give them access to everything, and for them to do that is really unprofessional. And they’ve been in this game the longest. It’s not right, and whoever was in charge of that should be reprimanded very, very harshly.â€

Alex Ovechkin (Post)

“They have only two penalties,†he said. “It’s kind of a joke, I think.â€

Sense a theme here? They’re worried about the officiating. And the ice. And CBC.

And that’s the intangible difference I see right now. It sounds like the Penguins are worried about the things they can control, while the Caps are worried about things they have absolutely no control over. Does it mean the Pens will win the series? No, certainly not. But is it a good omen for them? Absolutely. Because, as we’ve seen time after time in the playoffs, what goes on between the ears is every bit as important as talent when the latter is fairly evenly matched.

IF CROSBY SAYS ANY OF THIS s*** PEOPLE CALL FOR HIS HEAD. I AM SICK OF THE DOUBLE STANDARD.

When will Ovechkin's Passion turn to Whine?

When Will Ovechkin’s Passion Convert To Whine?

Matt Bodenschatz | Pittsburgh Penguins

May 8, 09:05 AM | Hype this story!

Twenty-four hours ago, the buzz of the NHL surrounded the Penguins, who escaped falling behind 3-0 in their second round series against the Capitals with an overtime goal.

But the way the Capitals – and specifically Alexander Ovechkin – saw it, the game was decided by the referees.

“…it’s kind of a joke,” he said referring to the seven penalties called on his team in comparison to the two called on the Penguins.

He “didn’t want to talk about it.”

Or anything else, for that matter.

Really, he reminded a whiny eight-year-old whose mom just took away his lollipop.

The only thing better would have been if he crossed his arms real high on his chest and lowered his head.

What’s funnier is that by midday yesterday, Ovechkin still hadn’t finished whining, but had changed his tune.

What once was a bellyache about the officials had changed to a beef over the ice surface.

The following quote, including the description of Ovechkin, comes directly from the Washington Post, the Capitals’ hometown paper:

“In overtime, ice was just a mess, pucks just bouncing and stuff,” Ovechkin said, a touch grumpily, after his team’s 3-2 overtime loss Wednesday. “We have three-on-two, [Hal] Gill goes down and I have probably 100% chance to score goal. But puck just stopped moving.”

Poor guy.

The puck stopped moving. It just stopped.

I mean, had it not stopped, he would have had probably a 100 percent chance of scoring.

One hundered percent.

Like zero chance of not scoring.

That’s how good of a chance he had.

But that *#$@% ice! It had to be a mess, didn’t it?

It’s a joke that the ice isn’t perfect after 60 minutes of action-packed hockey.

Okay, let me turn off the sarcasm now.

That bad ice surface didn’t keep the Capitals from scoring late in the third, right?

It didn’t keep the Penguins from scoring in overtime, either, right?

Dictionary.com’s 11th definition of the word excuse reads, “a pretext or subterfuge: He uses his poor health as an excuse for evading all responsibility.”

Maybe they’ll soon change that to: “Alexander Ovechkin uses poor ice as an excuse for losing.”

Instead of crediting the Penguins for a hard-fought victory and acknowledging that he hadn’t played up to his potential (five shots and one essentially empty net goal Wednesday compared to 12 shots and three laser goals Monday), he blamed everything else.

Watch you don’t strain your back, there, Alex. That’s an awkward position you’ve put yourself in while reaching.

What’s interesting, though, is that all of his childish complaints and excuses have gone relatively unnoticed in the media.

Had another player in the same series – though in a different sweater – said the same things after the Penguins’ two losses, he might have been tarred and feathered on the scene.

Let’s face it, Ovechkin is passionate. He’s not whiney. He’s passionate.

Or so we’re told.

But sooner or later that “passion” will ferment and people will see him for what he is: a self-centered, showboat who doesn’t understand that he has to work in the playoffs.

Until then, enjoy this beauty of a picture brought to us by our good friends at The Pensblog.

http://www.faceoff-factor.com/pittsburgh-p...onvert-to-whine

-8.jpg

Edited by NumbaSixty-Six

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
boudreau cries as much as crosby, your point is? its not a super cry jsut because its crosby you know.

Crosby hasn't cried at all this year. At all.

I am so thankful we have a very classy organization.

Malkin is about the only young superstar in the league right now that I really like (and Helm). Crosby is annoying and Ovechkin is too much of a spoiled rock star for my taste. Could you imagine Bodreau if he actually made it to the Wings?

Edited by egroen

"People kept throwing hats," Sidney Crosby said tonight. "I was just asking if he could make an announcement to ask them to stop. I mean, the first wave came and then I think they were all pretty much picked up, and then more started coming. So for us, we just wanted to make sure we kept kind of moving and kept the game going, wanted to try to get back in it. So wasn't complaining about anything."

What a ******* baby.

I don't think you're going to find a lot of sympathy here as far as Crosby goes. If Crosby sneezes, someone here will start a thread about how he's a ***** who needs to stop whining about pollen.

Apart from that, yeah, there are plenty of whiners out there. It's the playoffs, they're trying to shift focus, get calls, protect their players, etc. I'm just glad Babs doesn't go that route ...

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
I am so thankful we have a very classy organization.

Malkin is about the only young superstar in the league right now that I really like (and Helm). Crosby is annoying and Ovechkin is too much of a spoiled rock star for my taste. Could you imagine Bodreau if he actually made it to the Wings?

post-15540-1241799616_thumb.jpg

Edited by NumbaSixty-Six