• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCSF GAME 3 GDT: Red Wings 1 at Ducks 2

Rate this topic

This WIngs team has lost too many series lately when tied at 2-2.

I guess at this point 2-2 is more than we could hope for.

Point is, the next game is only a must win game for the Wings, not the Ducks.

Sigh.

Point is, a 2-2 tie is good for the Wings, not the Ducks. Correct?

What happened in the past means jack right now. A 2-2 tie gives Detroit allt he momentum, going home. It would also likely mean Detroit is playing their game, which means Anaheim wouldn't have a prayer.

So yes, the next game is a must-win for Anaheim as well. If they lose, they lose momentum and their chances of defeating the Wings shrinks significantly.

Oh, but I digress, "The Wings suck and always have, nothing they do can ever be right, Europeans suck, argh!!! Downey would win us the Cup, get rid of everyone, start over, we're down 2-1, I knew this would happen, we suck so bad!"

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

well all thiss frustration and anger has gotten to me..i am now tired

so goodnight red wings fans..

and lets hope that early friday morning (for those on the east coast ) will bring a much better result..

Seriously?

Dude gets hit in the mouth and needs a stretcher?

Get the f*** outta here.

Excuse me, jackass, but did you notice he had trouble breathing when they took him off? How the hell do you know how he actually got injured?

Grow up.

2006 series, Hurricanes/Canadiens

"Brind'Amour appeared to score the go-ahead goal for Carolina 18:38 into the second. Brind'Amour was in the crease when he put in the rebound, and referee Don VanMassenhoven immediately pointed to the net from behind to indicate a goal.

Stationed at the blue line, referee Tim Peel had blown his whistle before the puck crossed the line and waved off the goal. That prompted an animated argument from Brind'Amour and the rest of the Hurricanes.

"I was standing there and he pointed, 'Goal! Goal! Goal!' and then all of a sudden you hear a guy coming from the bleachers blowing it off," Brind'Amour said. "It was almost surreal."

http://www.nhl.com/scores/recaps/124_3_recap.html

He didn't get fired then, he won't now. F&^%$ joke.

refs really f***ed :ranting: us...but the games over

everyone thats talking about all the perimeter shots are dead on. they really need to start crashing the net...over and over again. I hate when they just fire away and everything gets blocked or deflected. Why do you think we had so many shots? Drive the net, crash into Hiller...throw him off his game, cause 50 perimeter shots with no traffic is not gonna work.

I don't necessarily agree with this. Finishing checks does not necessarily equal winning the physical battle. The Ducks are keeping the Red Wings away from the prime real estate areas of the ice. They're a big team and they're outworking the Wings. That's an area the Wings need to improve on. It's not all about hits and fights.

Couldn't agree more. :thumbup:

Why? For not taking the hit to the chest from Datsyuk, to save Wiz?

Sarcasm. Ducks fans were screaming for a suspension.

But could you imagine if the NHL suspended Holmstrom after that call at the end of the game? Brutal.

2006 series, Hurricanes/Canadiens

"Brind'Amour appeared to score the go-ahead goal for Carolina 18:38 into the second. Brind'Amour was in the crease when he put in the rebound, and referee Don VanMassenhoven immediately pointed to the net from behind to indicate a goal.

Stationed at the blue line, referee Tim Peel had blown his whistle before the puck crossed the line and waved off the goal. That prompted an animated argument from Brind'Amour and the rest of the Hurricanes.

"I was standing there and he pointed, 'Goal! Goal! Goal!' and then all of a sudden you hear a guy coming from the bleachers blowing it off," Brind'Amour said. "It was almost surreal."

http://www.nhl.com/scores/recaps/124_3_recap.html

He didn't get fired then, he won't now. F&^%$ joke.

Wow, just...wow.

I guess the good news is that it didn't end up hurting the Canes that year.

A positive thing is that it seems like Getzlaf's line might be running out of juice. Even if the Wings don't win the next game, I think they have a good chance of turning a 3-1 situation around, if Rafalski comes back. Babs might have to start thinking about mixing the lines up. I thought he did just that for a little while at the end of the 2nd and immediately the Wings got more jump.

i agree that the ducks wanted it more for 2/3 of the game. we wanted it more in the third. and we scored. and got f***ed by the refs. now, granted, you can argue that we shouldn't have been down 2-1 at all. if hossa woudda if datsyuk woudda blah blah blah, but the fact is that we scored and the anaheim mightyrefs stole it. IMO, end of f***in story.

My question remains the same: Why in the hell did they wait until the last two minutes of the game to try and stuff the puck down Hillers throat? How did they win game 1? Let's see...Franzen drove the net and Lidstrom pinched in, effectively driving the net. We had traffic in front of the goaltender the whole game.

I am not saying that the calls weren't wrong and didn't suck. Obviously, this game should have went into OT. As someone stated in an earlier post, Hossa drove the net and scored to legitimately make the game 2 - 2. I am just as pissed as everyone else and feel like the refs decided the game. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter as the team still lost the game.

Accept what you cannot change and take responsibility for what you can change. You can't change the refs and how they are going to call the game. If they are going to make s*** calls, then so be it. You have to play a 60 min game so you can weather those s*** calls, not show up for the last 25 min and call it your best effort.

Well, the Wings shouldn't have been in this position and the loss is very well deserved.

Babcock made no attempts to shake up the lineup besides putting one of our worst players Kopecky on the ice with 3 minutes to go. Why???? He lost us this game, not the refs.

Just got back from the Game.

I'm rather......speechless.

I was afraid this would happen.

Yes. The officiating was bad. Yes. The Wings were outright robbed of the GTG.

But the fact of the matter is, the didn't even show up until about midway through the 2nd period, anyway.

They may be able to get away with that against the Columbus Blue Jackets, but they are NOT going to get away with it against the Ducks.

And all that scrumming at the end of the Game?

Was juuuuuuuuust what the Duckies wanted. Now they know, for certain, that they have the Wings RIGHT where they want them.

Gut check time, folks.

<sigh>

Just got back from the Game.

I'm rather......speechless.

I was afraid this would happen.

Yes. The officiating was bad. Yes. The Wings were outright robbed of the GTG.

But the fact of the matter is, the didn't even show up until about midway through the 2nd period, anyway.

They may be able to get away with that against the Columbus Blue Jackets, but they are NOT going to get away with it against the Ducks.

And all that scrumming at the end of the Game?

Was juuuuuuuuust what the Duckies wanted. Now they know, for certain, that they have the Wings RIGHT where they want them.

Gut check time, folks.

<sigh>

yea the whole steamrollin columbus thing worried me for just that reason

Sigh.

Point is, a 2-2 tie is good for the Wings, not the Ducks. Correct?

What happened in the past means jack right now. A 2-2 tie gives Detroit allt he momentum, going home. It would also likely mean Detroit is playing their game, which means Anaheim wouldn't have a prayer.

So yes, the next game is a must-win for Anaheim as well. If they lose, they lose momentum and their chances of defeating the Wings shrinks significantly.

Oh, but I digress, "The Wings suck and always have, nothing they do can ever be right, Europeans suck, argh!!! Downey would win us the Cup, get rid of everyone, start over, we're down 2-1, I knew this would happen, we suck so bad!"

You totally overreacted to my post with nonsense towards the end.

If you think that being up 2-1 means that the next game is a must win game for you, then go ahead and think that. No point arguing with you over it.

How's about we wait and see if the guy can come back and play hockey?

This is the worst argument for suspension I have ever heard.

Totally illogical. If the guy intends to injure then he gets suspened booted and suspended according to the rule. It should make no difference if his intent leads to an injury.

By using this logic Todd Bertuzzi should be out of the NHL and Marty M should have been able to keep playing.

This makes no sense.

The NHL is a joke for this very reason.

Yeh. It was an offside yet the play continued and we lost. But tonight?? Tonight? Ugh. Incredibly some people think we played well tonight! So ill be just as insane and say Hiller was awesome!! Yeh, he made what, 25 glove saves off Sammuelsson type wrist shots.

Gimmeabreak.

I am not a complete homer, no it was not offside. I just watched it a few times and when the puck goes over the blue line, Neiderfaggot's foot is still on the blueline. Good goal... Tonight, well, there is a new term in the NHL when goal iscalled back, its called getting PEELed...

Sarcasm. Ducks fans were screaming for a suspension.

But could you imagine if the NHL suspended Holmstrom after that call at the end of the game? Brutal.

Not to mention not suspending Cammalleri or Kunitz :lol: