• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zata20

zata20

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:46 AM

So Kyle Quincey was interviewed on the Free Beer and Hot Wings show on WGRD (Grand Rapids) this morning. Apparently Kenny H did have a deal done with Dallas to trade Quincey there. He didn't pass his physical because of his bad back so the deal was null. Just thought I would share this for the people who didn't think Holland tried hard enough to get something in return for him. Also, for those of you that listen to the show but missed it. They talked about how they mocked Zane about his "Love affair" with Quincey during the Griffs game yesterday on the jumbotron. laugh.gif

#2 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

makes a lot of sense, as soon as he went down for the season for back surgery, I knew why he was waived... never question Holland...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#3 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:34 PM

It does crack me up, all the questioning of Holland.

The guy gets paid a lot of money to assume responsiblity for the premier sports franchise in all of professional sports (huge responsibility), is up at 4:30am every morning on the phone by 6:00, wheeling and dealing, meetings with scouts, GMs, and agents all over the world, watching all the players, in discussion with Devellano, Nill, Yzerman, Lidstrom, etc, has the ear of a an extrememly successful and savy business family (The Illitch's), and we think we know better what he should have done in any given deal. blink.gif

There's more hockey knowledge in one of Kenny Holland's pizza farts than any of us could ever dream of possessing.

#4 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:49 PM

You mean we coulda gotten Avery for him !!!! scared.gif

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#5 Chase

Chase

jesus on skates

• Bronze Booster
  • 4,413 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:11 PM

Hmm, curious what Dallas was gonna give us for Q.
---StevieY Fan---

bringitwingsht6.gif

#6 #1ozzie30fan

#1ozzie30fan

Jr. Prospect

• 18 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:40 PM

Considering Detroit is the only team still at the top of the standings that were also there before the salary cap I say he's doin a pretty damn good job