• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Got Attacked at Game 3

Rate this topic

Wow, thats just BS!!!!

And how can anyone on here justify what happened to him and his friend. I don't care if you are a U of M fan in Columbus for a college football game. No fan of either team should ever have to worry about getting their ass kicked at a sporting event because you are not rooting for a particular team.

If ShanahanMan went up to these guys and spit in their face and told them how stupid they are then maybe i would be telling him he had it coming to him. But for simply sticking up for women, children and his team?!?!?!?!

I couldn't have said it better myself. To attack someone in a car? That's a little ridiculous. Saying that alcohol was involved is like saying some chick deserved to get raped because of the slutty dress she was wearing. It's called self control.

Shoulda ran their fat asses down. Wish I were there with you. I always enjoyed a brawl.

I'm not as big as they are, I'm merely 240lbs but tight and I can dance really well.

Edited by bellarina

I can't believe the number of people that have responded to this by telling him he should have been more careful, or the number of people that have decided this is a matter of people in a specific geographical location.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU!?!??!?!? How can you be so blindly ignorant and attempt to cast a shred of blame on someone that is a completely innocent victim (by account of the OP - which is what we're all responding to)

Yeah, maybe there was some risk with talking trash about the ducks in duckland, but it's just a ******* sports team. There is no reason that an assault should be deemed as excusable! They can talk trash back, agree to disagree, maybe exchange a few unpleasant words of ignorance, but attacking someone for it? That is plain disgusting!

As for the argument that that's the way Ducks fans are... Every sports team has fans like this and if you've ever been to a home game, you've seen it at the Joe too. This has nothing to do with the Ducks organization, their fanbase as a whole, or the area that they live in. These sorts of low life scum reside all over the place and cheer for every team. These ones made a decision that people supporting the black jersey's last night were good, and the rest were bad. People on this board are now doing the exact same thing and you should be ashamed of the fact that you're creating an outgroup to hate over something so petty as sports put on for entertainment.

Where does it stop for you people? Internationally you hate everyone that's not american. Then you're against everyone that's not part of your state. Then an interstate rivalry comes up and it's divided even further. Stop coming up with arbitrary reasons to hate EVERYONE!

Guest bobbyryan

Is the OP a Euro? You Euro's are usually full of spit and vinegar but can't back it up.

The Ducks are full of North Americans (over 6'0) for a reason. We know how to finish.

See you on Thursday, ladies.

It happened to me when I went the Canucks-Wings game last season. We won the game 3-2 but the last call was suspectful as I remember; then I was coming out from the stadium toward the parking lot, two guys came to me and my friend and threw something. Relax, some fans are uneducated

Is the OP a Euro? You Euro's are usually full of spit and vinegar but can't back it up.

The Ducks are full of North Americans (over 6'0) for a reason. We know how to finish.

Feel free not to come back to this site with your xenophobic bigotry comments.

OP - sorry you got attacked dude. i have been victim of getting food thrown on me at ahl games but avoided fights as i am a pretty big dude.

shoreline - you are an idiot. first off you condone a drunk pack of fans attacking people and vandalizing property. then you go on some holier than thou rant about california. just stfu dude.

Feel free not to come back to this site with your xenophobic bigotry comments.

Read my post before bobbyryan's. I've accused you of something similar in regards to this:

I wouldn't expect anything less, scumbag team led by the dirtiest player in the league, scumbag fans who support him.

Hey, refresh my memory, what happened with that whole Ericsson Perry fight?

sorry for feeding the troll guys, I just hate Corey Perry.

They were idiotic to attack you, but at the same time rubbing last years cup win in their faces was just stupid.

If you haven't noticed the only thing that matters in this series is what is happening right now. Last years cup win means jack squat and you might be looking like a complete retard if the Ducks win this series and win the cup for the second time in three years.

Read my post before bobbyryan's. I've accused you of something similar in regards to this:

Well then you've failed. I don't see the comparison between my statement that the ducks are led by the dirtiest player in the league (FACT) and that it obviously rubs off on their fans to someone openly making xenophobic comments against European players.

Was this your first game or something? I'm not quite sure why you're surprised that talking s*** would lead to people (especially given there's likely alcohol served and drunks) throwing punches at you. This would happen in almost any sports venue -- hockey, football.. hell, even a concert. That's why you do the smart thing and just go home.

Sorry Shoreline, if I see women and children being harrassed I stick up for them as well, it's the right and manly thing to do to not be a coward. I praise you OP, take some real balls to stand up for what you believe in when obviously other people would turn the other cheek. I promise you those women and children are very grateful for you.

Well, next time you want to defend women and children, do it the correct way. The way a Detroiter does it. Get out of the car and whip out the 9, and tell them "leave them women and children alone. You wanna piece of me.....punk? Do ya?" Oh wait, that would be the wrong thing to do. Would have been funny if the kid told the fat mexicans to go f*** themselves! LOL! That would've been a hoot!

Sorry Shoreline, if I see women and children being harrassed I stick up for them as well, it's the right and manly thing to do to not be a coward. I praise you OP, take some real balls to stand up for what you believe in when obviously other people would turn the other cheek. I promise you those women and children are very grateful for you.

Well true... but as i said you do it differently though... going at them trying to get them to stop by bringing up Cups is pretty well not the smartest.

Sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me... They werent' physically abusing them.. words would be forgotten on the drive home.

Wow, thats just BS!!!!

And how can anyone on here justify what happened to him and his friend. I don't care if you are a U of M fan in Columbus for a college football game. No fan of either team should ever have to worry about getting their ass kicked at a sporting event because you are not rooting for a particular team.

If ShanahanMan went up to these guys and spit in their face and told them how stupid they are then maybe i would be telling him he had it coming to him. But for simply sticking up for women, children and his team?!?!?!?!

I hope that you do contact a layer. Security should have been all over that lot to prevent something like this. They seem to be at fault.

I have gone to several wings games not at the Joe and have never feared for my life. Even when we were in Chicago and we were giving the fans a good, lighthearted ribbing, we made it out in the same condition that we entered the arena in.

Hope you heal quick and i hope that you return to the pond to watch the Wings win game 6.

I feal bad for OP and hope its no life long injury.

I don't think anyone on here is "justifying" what the thugs did. I think they are saying that there are bad people out there, and an adult should know this.

Personally, my first duty is to protect the people I'm with and not put them in jeopardy. If I see some guys yelling crap at people as they walk by, its obvious to me they are looking for a fight. If the occupants of my car and I are also looking to fight for a good cause, then I would say something and see if the thugs take the bait.

If I am not looking to fight, hit the powerlocks and roll on by.

Its unfortunate, but its life.

Was this your first game or something? I'm not quite sure why you're surprised that talking s*** would lead to people (especially given there's likely alcohol served and drunks) throwing punches at you. This would happen in almost any sports venue -- hockey, football.. hell, even a concert. That's why you do the smart thing and just go home.

I agree with this poster. Don't start SH!T and there won't be SH!T. Leave your window rolled up, don't say anything, and go home. Alcohol = Fights. Ducks Fans = Fights. What do you think Ducks Fans + Alcohol equals? Good Banter? Come on. I'm glad a bloody nose and broken thumb was all that came out of this. It could have been worse.

This.

It sucks ass that these guys started throwing punches at you and your car, but you gotta remember the lessons you learned on the playground. Don't talk s*** unless you're prepared to back it up. They were prepared, you weren't. They had the upper hand, you didn't. They weren't hurting anyone, they were chest-thumping and talking smack - until you retaliated in kind. Predictably, from there it escalated into a scrap. Not a fair fight, but a predictable fight. This same scene is played out in bars accross the country every night. It's nice to intervene for people who are being "verbally assaulted" - but they were just words. It's not wise to play hero unless you're willing to follow it up. Thankfully it was just a broken nose and thumb - those are the kind of hurts you ice and laugh about the next day. Could have been worse. The lesson to be learned here is "if you see people being stupid, don't expect them to quit being stupid if you rile them up".

This scene would not happen in Florida, and probably wouldn't happen here in Nebraska.

With concealed carry laws, 2 large guys attacking a smaller man after busting up his vehicle might end up with two dead fat boys lying in a parking lot.

I very seriously doubt that "So, fellas, who won the Stanley Cup last year?" can be interpreted as "fighting words."

This scene would not happen in Florida, and probably wouldn't happen here in Nebraska.

With concealed carry laws, 2 large guys attacking a smaller man after busting up his vehicle might end up with two dead fat boys lying in a parking lot.

I very seriously doubt that "So, fellas, who won the Stanley Cup last year?" can be interpreted as "fighting words."

Thats a nice theory that I tend to agree with, but you are missing the point. The reality of what happenned was that anything said to those thugs from a stopped car would be, and were in fact, fighting words. They were bad people looking to find anyone to inflict violence on, not particularly needing a reason. Unfortunately, people like that do exist, and as a responsible adult, you need to recognize them when you see them.

I feal bad for OP and hope its no life long injury.

I don't think anyone on here is "justifying" what the thugs did. I think they are saying that there are bad people out there, and an adult should know this.

Personally, my first duty is to protect the people I'm with and not put them in jeopardy. If I see some guys yelling crap at people as they walk by, its obvious to me they are looking for a fight. If the occupants of my car and I are also looking to fight for a good cause, then I would say something and see if the thugs take the bait.

If I am not looking to fight, hit the powerlocks and roll on by.

Its unfortunate, but its life.

I can't agree with you. "Its unfortunate, but its life" This way of thinking is totally off.

I would never hesitate to defend women, children or even the bum at the corner. There are ways to deal with scum. Either hit em hard and fast and if you are not capable to physically defend them, then use your brain, call the police..etc. At the very least intervene in someway.

How could you sleep at night knowing that you acted cowardly to avoid a beating.

I would be beside myself with total rage if my wife and kids went to an event and were harrassed and no one came to their defense. This way of thinking is absurd.

Those scumbags weren't real men, not in the least bit. I would have jumped in in a second to help out my fellow Red Wing brotherin. Maybe I get a beating, maybe I crack the biggest one real hard making the rest of em think real hard. Remember these types of guys are real cowards they act tough because they have numbers. When they are alone its a different matter altogether.

In any case, total props to you for stepping in. You may have taken a couple but you are a real man in my books.

I would never hesitate to defend women, children or even the bum at the corner. There are ways to deal with scum. Either hit em hard and fast and if you are not capable to physically defend them, then use your brain, call the police..etc. At the very least intervene in someway.

How could you sleep at night knowing that you acted cowardly to avoid a beating.

I would be beside myself with total rage if my wife and kids went to an event and were harrassed and no one came to their defense. This way of thinking is absurd.

Well actually he basically started the fight by stopping... Because he stopped and confronted them, the WORDS (aka the verbal abuse he said) elevated into Physical abuse. He cause more damage to himself, car and others by stopping...

and i would have been besides myself in total rage if i found out my wife and kids went to the game WITHOUT me!!!!!!

Edited by OsGOD

And I very seriously doubt that "So, fellas, who won the Stanley Cup last year?" was the EXACT verbage. My guess is the incident went more along the lines of:

"Yah, bye bye, baby Red Wings fans. Soft ***** Euro trash. We own your asses, you weak b!tches. Go the fk back to Detroit where all you poor losers live."

"Hey, FK YOU. You fat mexican illegals. Go back to mexico where you belong."

Maybe even worse. If the "fighting words" happened just like the original poster said, then the Ducks fans are complete trash and this is just garbage. But my guess is that "We won the cup last year" is NOT the phrase that caused broken windows, bloody nose, and broken thumb. My guess is the phrase was a little stronger than that.