• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Got Attacked at Game 3

Rate this topic

Guest micah
This scene would not happen in Florida, and probably wouldn't happen here in Nebraska.

With concealed carry laws, 2 large guys attacking a smaller man after busting up his vehicle might end up with two dead fat boys lying in a parking lot.

I very seriously doubt that "So, fellas, who won the Stanley Cup last year?" can be interpreted as "fighting words."

Discharging a firearm in a crowded parking lot in order to break up a fight is about the worst idea I've ever heard. I'm about as pro-gun as they come, but I've been to Florida. There absolutley are ass-beatings, even unfair ones, outside of sporting events.

No doubt about it, the fat Ducks fans are the bad guys here - but if the OP had kept his mouth shut, there would likely have been no altercation and everyone would have forgotten about it with nobody getting hurt. That's the best outcome there could have been. If these guys were phyisically assaulting women or children, then by all means, if you're a man you're duty-bound to do what you can to make it stop, including risking injury. If it was just verbal, like in this case, move along.

Thats a nice theory that I tend to agree with, but you are missing the point. The reality of what happenned was that anything said to those thugs from a stopped car would be, and were in fact, fighting words. They were bad people looking to find anyone to inflict violence on, not particularly needing a reason. Unfortunately, people like that do exist, and as a responsible adult, you need to recognize them when you see them.

"Fighting words" is a specific phrase that means words that justify a fight. I am not certain that avoiding a thug or bully is always the right thing to do. When someone is busting up your car, and beating on your friend, it's possible that confrontation is needed. I do not know the exact circumstances, but it's very possible that in a crowded parking lot, this victime had nowhere he could go.

Sometimes a thug gets surprised.

We had one here in Nebraska just a little while ago who shot at a pawn broker with his 9 mm only to find out - albeit, his last thoughts - that he was facing 18 30-cal rounds.

Sometimes you "recognize them when you see them," and then you engage them with equal force.

I can't agree with you. "Its unfortunate, but its life" This way of thinking is totally off.

I would never hesitate to defend women, children or even the bum at the corner. There are ways to deal with scum. Either hit em hard and fast and if you are not capable to physically defend them, then use your brain, call the police..etc. At the very least intervene in someway.

How could you sleep at night knowing that you acted cowardly to avoid a beating.

I would be beside myself with total rage if my wife and kids went to an event and were harrassed and no one came to their defense. This way of thinking is absurd.

Those scumbags weren't real men, not in the least bit. I would have jumped in in a second to help out my fellow Red Wing brotherin. Maybe I get a beating, maybe I crack the biggest one real hard making the rest of em think real hard. Remember these types of guys are real cowards they act tough because they have numbers. When they are alone its a different matter altogether.

In any case, total props to you for stepping in. You may have taken a couple but you are a real man in my books.

If a group of thugs yells random sports rivalry s*** at other teams fans as they walk by, there is no harm done. My kids and my wife will be fine, so i would not ask you to intervene.

It is a flammable situation like gasoline. Its harmless as you simply walk by it, but it could be lethal if you ignite it. Don't ignite it unless you are willing to deal with the consequences is all I said. If you intervene and violence erupts, then maybe my wife gets sucker punched in the mouth and mamed for life. You may kick some ass, but you cannot control the collateral damage.

As soon as you've stopped the car, rolled the window down, and said anything, you've ignited it.

Edit: How could I sleep at night if anyone in my family ended up in a wheel chair for life because I had to be the big man and open my big mouth? Walking by someone yelling random s*** at strangers is not cowardly.

Edited by T.Low

That's weird. I thought there were two other teams in this state. Did they teach you geography in Illinois?

Sweet. Good to see that since you're trash talking him on this site, by your own credo, he has the right to beat the s*** out of you and break your car windows.

Sweet. Good to see that since you're trash talking him on this site, by your own credo, he has the right to beat the s*** out of you and break your car windows.

The Ducks Fans called out for a fight. The Red Wings fan answered the bell. The Red Wings fan got popped. What more needs to be said. Props to the Red Wings fan for not backing down.

If a group of thugs yells random sports rivalry s*** at other teams fans as they walk by, there is no harm done. My kids and my wife will be fine, so i would not ask you to intervene.

It is a flammable situation like gasoline. Its harmless as you simply walk by it, but it could be lethal if you ignite it. Don't ignite it unless you are willing to deal with the consequences is all I said. If you intervene and violence erupts, then maybe my wife gets sucker punched in the mouth and mamed for life. You may kick some ass, but you cannot control the collateral damage.

As soon as you've stopped the car, rolled the window down, and said anything, you've ignited it.

Edit: How could I sleep at night if anyone in my family ended up in a wheel chair for life because I had to be the big man and open my big mouth?

So... you are saying don't do anything and it will all go away. What if the next women walks buy and gives them a glare but keeps walking, but the chase her down and pound her out.

you know what...

go to suggestion #2. If you can't handle it yourself, pick up your cell phone. You don't even have to give your name. They probably had tons of cops in that area. Would that be ok with you?

and he didn't have his wife and kids with him, just his buddy. Theres always something that can be done rather than turn the other cheek. You can't just let people walk all over you and others just because of fear.

I'm not saying to charge the lines everytime, that would be suicide. These assholes thrive on knowing that the attitude that you have is what the concesus is. They can get away with everything because people fear them.

Edited by bellarina

[/b]

So... you are saying don't do anything and it will all go away. What if the next women walks buy and gives them a glare but keeps walking, but the chase her down and pound her out.

you know what...

go to suggestion #2. If you can't handle it yourself, pick up your cell phone. You don't even have to give your name. They probably had tons of cops in that area. Would that be ok with you?

and he didn't have his wife and kids with him, just his buddy. Theres always something that can be done rather than turn the other cheek. You can't just let people walk all over you and others just because of fear.

I'm not saying to charge the lines everytime, that would be suicide. These assholes thrive on knowing that the attitude that you have is what the concesus is. They can get away with everything because people fear them.

Hey, the proof is in the pudding. The Red Wings fan answered the bell. He got called out. And he answered the bell. He lost the fight, but he stood up and answered the bell. Props to the Red Wings fan.

Hey, the proof is in the pudding. The Red Wings fan answered the bell. He got called out. And he answered the bell. He lost the fight, but he stood up and answered the bell. Props to the Red Wings fan.

Yea, 5 guys jumping some people in a car and smashing their windows sounds like a great "fight" ^^

Guest micah
[/b]

you know what...

Call the cops for what? "Hello, 911? I'd like to report some sports fans outside a sporting event trash-talking to some fans of a rival team!"

Guest micah

One lesson I think we can all learn from this is, life isn't like Red wings hockey. Don't talk smack, don't give facewashes unless you're willing to follow-through. There aren't always 2 refs watching waiting to hand out instigator penalties to the bad guys in real life. Keep your head up and choose your battles wisely.

To the OP. Next time, either commit to fighting and get out of your car before you start talking, or commit to driving by and keeping your mouth shut. I'm not passing judgement, I know how hard these situiations can be and that hindsight is always 20/20.

Wow.

I'm sorry you got beat up, OP. It's uncalled for and shouldn't have happened.

Whatever he did to "bring it on himself" - guess what? IT DOESN'T MATTER. Nobody deserves to get beat up (unless they were threatening the safety of the attackers or another person, which it doesn't sound like the case).

Maybe you have a little less sympathy for him because of the situation and the fact that he talked s***. But it doesn't make what happened to him any less WRONG.

Guest Shoreline
Hockey flounders in hot places, go figure that the NHL Coyotes are bankrupt and National Teams like Italy and Spain aren't good either. The only exceptions that I would grant to this point in the NHL would be the Stars form DALLAS TEXAS, and the SHARKS from SAN JOSE CALIFORNIA. Only on the grounds of their fan base.

Ahh, but you don't see hockey floundering in... *drumroll*.. California. Yeah.

And why would I be humble to your state? It isn't as if California is going to come conquer Illinois if I don't think California is a place for hockey much like the aforementioned places that I described the locations of in minor detail; so that you don't think that I don't know how to use a map.

Actually, your post suggested that California couldn't drop into the ocean fast enough, and acted like a douchebag to Californians as if we're thugs.. uh, hello, Chicago? And as California, the most productive state in this country, drops into the ocean, guess what happens to this already s***ty economy?

And please read what I said earlier, I think the only thing that I argued about California is hockey flounders there, I don't recall bashing the state at all. Read it all again and get out of the California Ãœber Alles mentality.

Uh, no, all you did was insult Californians and California. It's like Sharks fans saying the Wings suck, when the Wings are better. Maybe you'll take the hint.

Anyway the original point of this thread is that the Ducks' fans can be assholes if I don't miss my guess.

Boy, you think that might have been accomplished without the stupidity you started off with? And every team's fans can be assholes, so what?

OP - sorry you got attacked dude. i have been victim of getting food thrown on me at ahl games but avoided fights as i am a pretty big dude.

shoreline - you are an idiot. first off you condone a drunk pack of fans attacking people and vandalizing property. then you go on some holier than thou rant about california. just stfu dude.

Actually no I did not condone it. I condoned actions which gets everybody home safely, being in situations like this before. Wonderful reading. And maybe next time you'll also read other posters' posts and figure out why I got the holier than thou attitude.

Touche.

I didn't address your cell phone comment. Yes, use the cell phone and alert the police to a potential situation. Been there, done that. Good thing to do.

And as a matter of fact, the last fight I was in, I was potentially saved by the cell phones of observers that didnt' otherwise want to get involved. I had detained a thief, and before I knew it was the three of us(including my girlfriend!) against ten of them. I must have looked like a rabid dog because after I took care of the thief, the others just shouted and prodded but didn't charge and we held out until the cops got there. I managed to drag the thief back into my store and two of the thugs followed us in. I shouted at my girlfriend to lock the others out and it literally became a cage match with 7 f***heads beaten on the glass worse than any hockey game until the police showed up.

10 yrs later you realize how lucky you were to survive that s***...

I didn't mean "walk on by when kids and women are getting shoved around, be a *****, it s unfortunate, but thats life.

I meant, its unfortunate that there are assholes like that looking to sucker punch someone, but thats life, learn to know it when you see it.

Edited by T.Low

One lesson I think we can all learn from this is, life isn't like Red wings hockey. Don't talk smack, don't give facewashes unless you're willing to follow-through. There aren't always 2 refs watching waiting to hand out instigator penalties to the bad guys in real life. Keep your head up and choose your battles wisely.

To the OP. Next time, either commit to fighting and get out of your car before you start talking, or commit to driving by and keeping your mouth shut. I'm not passing judgement, I know how hard these situiations can be and that hindsight is always 20/20.

EXACTLY. This is the perfect response. Maltby gets to wear a visor and prance around the ice after he talks all his smack. And the opposing player is going to lose a lot of money if he sucker punches Maltby and causes an injury. The Red Wings fan has the windows as his visor, but the Ducks Fans don't have to be accountable for their actions and aren't going to lose any money by breaking the windows and smashing the red wings fan's nose in and breaking his thumb. Life isn't like Red Wings hockey = perfect response.

Wow, talk about two sides to one story. I saw the whole thing and that is not exactly what happened.

Here is some advice to both sides (because I saw an equal number of assholes): if you can't control your emotions when you drink, then don't drink. Every problem I saw last night involved Wings and Ducks fans were amongst those who had clearly partaken in the beer.

I know some people got hurt in this incident and I am sorry for that, but in general, keeping your mouth shut will keep you out of trouble.

I didn't address your cell phone comment. Yes, use the cell phone and alert the police to a potential situation. Been there, done that. Good thing to do.

And as a matter of fact, the last fight I was in, I was potentially saved by the cell phones of observers that didnt' otherwise want to get involved. I had detained a thief, and before I knew it was the three of us(including my girlfriend!) against ten of them. I must have looked like a rabid dog because after I took care of the thief, the others just shouted and prodded but didn't charge and we held out until the cops got there. I managed to drag the thief back into my store and two of the thugs followed us in. I shouted at my girlfriend to lock the others out and it literally became a cage match with 7 f***heads beaten on the glass worse than any hockey game until the police showed up.

10 yrs later you realize how lucky you were to survive that s***...

I didn't mean "walk on by when kids and women are getting shoved around, be a *****, it s unfortunate, but thats life.

I meant, its unfortunate that there are assholes like that looking to sucker punch someone, but thats life, learn to know it when you see it.

T. Low. T. Low. T. Low. T. Low. T. Low. Ha ha ha ha ha! Sounds like the OP could have used you by his side. Bull in a China Shop! F yah!

Wow, talk about two sides to one story. I saw the whole thing and that is not exactly what happened.

Here is some advice to both sides (because I saw an equal number of assholes): if you can't control your emotions when you drink, then don't drink. Every problem I saw last night involved Wings and Ducks fans were amongst those who had clearly partaken in the beer.

I know some people got hurt in this incident and I am sorry for that, but in general, keeping your mouth shut will keep you out of trouble.

This is EXACTLY what I was thinking. I held back my sympathy for the Red Wings fan because an attack of that nature would NEVER happen from "Hey, who won last year?" as the only thing being said. That's ridiculous. The OP probably had too much to drink, probably shouldn't have been driving in the first place, and DEFINITELY should have kept his mouth shut. Bloody nose and broken thumb = probably lucky that's all that happened.

Guest micah
Wow.

I'm sorry you got beat up, OP. It's uncalled for and shouldn't have happened.

Whatever he did to "bring it on himself" - guess what? IT DOESN'T MATTER. Nobody deserves to get beat up (unless they were threatening the safety of the attackers or another person, which it doesn't sound like the case).

Maybe you have a little less sympathy for him because of the situation and the fact that he talked s***. But it doesn't make what happened to him any less WRONG.

I don't think anyone has said that it wasn't wrong for the fatties to jump the OP. I think most of us agree however that sometimes people aren't nice people, and that throwing a match into the poweder keg is, while fun, gonna result in some burns once in a while.

This specific case ended pretty well. No bad injurries, nothing a few Advil, a splint and some ice won't take care of. Car windows are cheap and prevelant in boneyards and aren't difficult to replace. No major harm here, everyone involved walks away with a fun memory. The OP and his pal will laugh about this one day.

Hey guys. So the night ended twice as bad for me as everyone else. Some of you might have noticed the stiuation out in the parking lot after the game. Well, that was me. Basically, after the game, me and my buddy headed toward our car and proceeded to drive out. As we were driving out, 5 HUGE 300 POUND Ducks fans were giving s*** to EVERY Wings fan that walked by, even children. I had to intervene. So, I rolled down by window and simply reminded them who won the cup last year and who got eliminated first round. Well, obviously, I hit a button. The next thing I knew, all 5 of them rushed my car. A few of them proceeded to break all my windows and the window I had just rolled down on ther passenger side was still open. So, two of em decided it would be manly to start throwing punches at my friend on the passenger side, who said NOTHING, while he was still in the car. Keep in mind this is while the other 3 are trying to break my windows. I jump out of the car and as soon as I do, two of them rush me and the next thing I know (well, as soon as the parking lot stopped spinning) my nose was gushing blood and my thumb was broken. All of this was happening as fellow Duck fans laughed their asses off in the background. They immediately escaped without anyone catching any plates or anything.

And me, I ended up with a blood soaked nose and broken thumb. Yea, What a night....

I GOT ATTACKED LAST NIGHT TOO!!!

Some huge mexican gangbanger wearing a blue plaid shirt socked me in the forehead while I had my arm around my gf as we were walking out of the Parking lot.... in front of everyone. The guy just came up and hit me in the face and ran away..... I have a massive bruise on my forehead...

I hate duck fans, I hate gangbangers, I hate duck fans, I hate anaheim. Im ******* coming back for game 4.

Guest Shoreline

Problem. Far too many people drink, and far too many people are way too stupid and aggressive when drunk. There's no way to logically remove stupid drunks from the equation. They are here to stay. The only thing one can do is, as mentioned before, deal with the fact that people will talk smack, and being that you're surrounded by opposing fans, walk the hell away and laugh it off, or talk smack and take the risk of stupid drunks ganging on you. I mean, this isn't rocket science here. If one expects that they be able to trash talk the local team without some idiot taking exception in this manner, they're fooling themselves. Just don't take the risk. It isn't worth it. I may tease Sharks fans by wearing my jersey around every time the Wings beat them, but if one person opens their mouth I just laugh it off. There's no reason to get incensed over that stuff anyways.

T. Low. T. Low. T. Low. T. Low. T. Low. Ha ha ha ha ha! Sounds like the OP could have used you by his side. Bull in a China Shop! F yah!

Dude, too funny you should say that. It was an outdoor shop and all i could think was that we were wrestling way too close to a $20,000 rack of composite sea kayaks. The vison of the carnage of expensive broken boats flashed across my mind, so i picked him up and body slammed him head first in the other direction into a Prijon, (the toughest blow molded plastic kayak on the market) that was sitting on the floor. I beat on him against the Prijon so bad his buddies didn't know what to do.

And before anyone gets all righteous on me, there was a long history with theses thugs and my store, and this was the last straw.

People still tell me that they were eating lunch at the side walk cafe across the street from my store when that went down.

Guest micah
I GOT ATTACKED LAST NIGHT TOO!!!

Some huge mexican gangbanger wearing a blue plaid shirt socked me in the forehead while I had my arm around my gf as we were walking out of the Parking lot.... in front of everyone. The guy just came up and hit me in the face and ran away..... I have a massive bruise on my forehead...

I hate duck fans, I hate gangbangers, I hate duck fans, I hate anaheim. Im ******* coming back for game 4.

That sucks.

Hey guys. So the night ended twice as bad for me as everyone else. Some of you might have noticed the stiuation out in the parking lot after the game. Well, that was me. Basically, after the game, me and my buddy headed toward our car and proceeded to drive out. As we were driving out, 5 HUGE 300 POUND Ducks fans were giving s*** to EVERY Wings fan that walked by, even children. I had to intervene. So, I rolled down by window and simply reminded them who won the cup last year and who got eliminated first round. Well, obviously, I hit a button. The next thing I knew, all 5 of them rushed my car. A few of them proceeded to break all my windows and the window I had just rolled down on ther passenger side was still open. So, two of em decided it would be manly to start throwing punches at my friend on the passenger side, who said NOTHING, while he was still in the car. Keep in mind this is while the other 3 are trying to break my windows. I jump out of the car and as soon as I do, two of them rush me and the next thing I know (well, as soon as the parking lot stopped spinning) my nose was gushing blood and my thumb was broken. All of this was happening as fellow Duck fans laughed their asses off in the background. They immediately escaped without anyone catching any plates or anything.

And me, I ended up with a blood soaked nose and broken thumb. Yea, What a night....

I haven't read thread responses so I apologize for rehasing. It's a shame when people take being a fan way too far like in this instance and it's just more than your friendly ribbing or taunts. However if you know things are going to get worse than just this, don't add fuel to the fire by intervening. Only ends up hurting more peole. If these guys were already throwing down hands with people and you are trying to break things up and keep/start the peace, I understand, but don't make a small housefire a giant bonfire. Sometimes it's best just to walk away.

Guest E_S_A_D

Assholes like this are reasons why beer isn't served at College games. Can't control themselves.

I don't think anyone has said that it wasn't wrong for the fatties to jump the OP. I think most of us agree however that sometimes people aren't nice people, and that throwing a match into the poweder keg is, while fun, gonna result in some burns once in a while.

This specific case ended pretty well. No bad injurries, nothing a few Advil, a splint and some ice won't take care of. Car windows are cheap and prevelant in boneyards and aren't difficult to replace. No major harm here, everyone involved walks away with a fun memory. The OP and his pal will laugh about this one day.

I don't care if it wasn't that bad.

I don't care if they laugh about it some day.

It's irrelevant and doesn't change the fact that he shouldn't have been beat up.

Like I said, if you wanna have less sympathy for him, ok. If you wanna tell him he could have made a different choice, ok. But to say that he deserved this or that because of his actions what happened to him is somehow "okay" - I don't think so.