• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Got Attacked at Game 3

Rate this topic

Ok, here's the question most of us want to know: Were you drinking last night? We're all giving you props for defending your turf and not backing down to these bozos. However, I think most of us agree that you should have been ready to get what you got by mouthing off back to the idiots who were taunting you. "Don't piss into the wind" is what comes to mind here.

I had a beer? Does that make me some out of control goon? No, I maintain composure unlike others. Like I said before, I didn't use any profanity, I was simply responding to their outlandish comments. I had no idea they would respond the way they did. Obviously, if I knew they were gonna attack me, I would not have done it. I'm not a guy who's looking for a fight.

Well, if you bothered to really read my post, you would have seen that I never said they managed to break my windows.

The next thing I knew, all 5 of them rushed my car. A few of them proceeded to break all my windows and the window I had just rolled down on ther passenger side was still open.

I can understand you 'ShanahanMan'. I got a hit from the Canucks fan when I attended the game between the Wings and the Canucks last year. Remember the score was 3-2 for the Wings but the last suspectful call made the Canucks fans irritated. I was coming out from the stadium and tried to get into the car but two Canucks fans threw the bottle to me and hit my head and say "you ******* loser". I did not respond it because it is GM place, the home of the Canucks but some fans are really uneducated. Just think it is a part of the life even though I can realize your shocking emotion.

I had a beer? Does that make me some out of control goon? No, I maintain composure unlike others. Like I said before, I didn't use any profanity, I was simply responding to their outlandish comments. I had no idea they would respond the way they did. Obviously, if I knew they were gonna attack me, I would not have done it. I'm not a guy who's looking for a fight.

Ok, if you weren't drunk and making an alcohol influenced remark, then I'm more inclined to believe what you said shouldn't have been met with such anger from the Ducks fans. I just think that people who are completely sober are more inclined to walk away or drive away from that type of situation instead of yelling some type of comeback. I'm behind you, either way, man. I really am not advocating the Ducks fans' behavior. I'm just saying YOU could have used better judgement, as well. You live and learn, I guess.

Reply to Wombat:

Okay? Maybe I had a poor choice of wording but when I said "proceeded" I meant attempted. I never meant to insinuate that they were able to do so. Nevertheless, these guys did begin charging the windows at full force. I'm amazed it didn't break.

I'm really getting sick of the 3rd degree here.

Edited by ShanahanMan

Reply to Wombat:

Okay? Maybe I had a poor choice of wording but when I said "proceeded" I meant attempted. I never meant to insinuate that they were able to do so. Nevertheless, these guys did begin charging the windows at full force. I'm amazed it didn't break.

I'm really getting sick of the 3rd degree here.

You're our boy, Blue!

This is sad...but not surprising at all considering that the entire Anaheim organization is dirty scum. And Detroit is the city of thugs? I hope you didn't get swine flu from those disgusting animals.

First off: That sucks that happened to you. No matter what was said, you did not deserve such treatment.

But for this guy to say the Anaheim organization is scum because of their fans? I am sure there has been situations at the Joe...and all it takes is ONE person to ruin it for everybody. I am from Cleveland and I hear of Steelers/Browns fans fighting al lthe time. So do not act like this is the only city who has drunks fighting!

First off: That sucks that happened to you. No matter what was said, you did not deserve such treatment.

But for this guy to say the Anaheim organization is scum because of their fans? I am sure there has been situations at the Joe...and all it takes is ONE person to ruin it for everybody. I am from Cleveland and I hear of Steelers/Browns fans fighting al lthe time. So do not act like this is the only city who has drunks fighting!

Yah. After Detroit wins a championship, cars are burned, rioting takes place all over the city, and one or two people usually end up dead. Should we blame the Red Wings organization for such outbreaks? Hell no. There are bad people everywhere. You need to know when, why, and how to stay away from them. The OP learned his lesson about this last night.

Really late in on this thread, but I'd like to congratulate ShanahanMan for having the stones to stand up to a pack of sociopolitical D-bags. If you lived anywhere near me I'd happily buy you a beer.

I have been going to Ducks games for about 10 years now and I have never heard of incidents this bad. I went last night as a Wings fan and sat in section 429. The Ducks fans around me where all pretty cool and were happy to participate in some harmless crap talking (granted most were OC fans who didnt know much about the game). This has been my average experience with Ducks fans for years.

The only incident that occurred was some drunk 40 something Orange County pervert decided the slap my girlfriend's ass with a Ducks towel as we walked to our car (she had on a Zetts jersey). After me and my buddies confronted the guy about it, he of course was acting like a even bigger ******. Long story short, we were backed by a number of Duck fans who witnessed this guys ridiculous behavior and the guy looked like the idiot he truly was.

Like the Wings, the Ducks do have a loyal and educated fan base. However, Anaheim is not a typical hockey market. When playoffs roll around, the bandwagon comes out and guys mentioned above attend the game. Its a unfortunate occurrence in all of So Cal sports and now I understand why most of the nation hates California. There is a solid core of hockey faithful in Southern California, unfortunately they are overshadowed by the actions of the morons that attend the postseason.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Really late in on this thread, but I'd like to congratulate ShanahanMan for having the stones to stand up to a pack of sociopolitical D-bags. If you lived anywhere near me I'd happily buy you a beer.

Not to be a ****** but if you are outnumbered, outsized and in an unfriendly environment, retreat and live to fight (not literally) another day.

I've spent the better part of 2/3rds of my life training in various martial arts, so I can handle myself as well as the next bear. But unless your name is Gracie or Tyson and you have the skills to defend yourself if things go to the next level.....you ought to stay in the car.

No offense. Getting out of the vehicle was exactly what those guys wanted you to do. And unless you are prepared and capable of handling what was undoubtedly going to happen, you've got to chose wisely.

Anyway, sorry you got the tar beat out of you. And least it wasn't worse, right? Karma is a ***** too. Each and every one of those guys who laid a finger on you will end up in the wrong place at the wrong time against somebody who will clean their clock. That's a fact. There's always somebody tougher than the next guy and if you act like those idiots acted, they'll find themselves in a situation eventually where the outcome won't favor them.

I have been going to Ducks games for about 10 years now and I have never heard of incidents this bad. I went last night as a Wings fan and sat in section 429. The Ducks fans around me where all pretty cool and were happy to participate in some harmless crap talking (granted most were OC fans who didnt know much about the game). This has been my average experience with Ducks fans for years.

The only incident that occurred was some drunk 40 something Orange County pervert decided the slap my girlfriend's ass with a Ducks towel as we walked to our car (she had on a Zetts jersey). After me and my buddies confronted the guy about it, he of course was acting like a even bigger ******. Long story short, we were backed by a number of Duck fans who witnessed this guys ridiculous behavior and the guy looked like the idiot he truly was.

Like the Wings, the Ducks do have a loyal and educated fan base. However, Anaheim is not a typical hockey market. When playoffs roll around, the bandwagon comes out and guys mentioned above attend the game. Its a unfortunate occurrence in all of So Cal sports and now I understand why most of the nation hates California. There is a solid core of hockey faithful in Southern California, unfortunately they are overshadowed by the actions of the morons that attend the postseason.

That couldn't be more true.

next time they try that s*** pull a .45 auto out. wave it a couple times. I GUARANTEE they will leave you, and your car, alone.

That's generally the assumption that gun-carriers seem to make. The problem is when the other guy has a gun too.

Guest Shoreline
next time they try that s*** pull a .45 auto out. wave it a couple times. I GUARANTEE they will leave you, and your car, alone.

.. and we thought Canada was a peaceful nation. :P

Seriously though. There are some naive people that seem to think that it's heroic to turn around and talk s*** to someone who is mouthing off, whether it be to a fellow Wings fan or some child. The only thing that can happen is getting yourself, and maybe other dumb people that might want to jump in and help you, in a lot of trouble. By trouble I mean an ass beating or worse. At some point it should click in one's brain that the smartest and most logical thing to do is to understand that s*** talking happens everywhere. EVERYWHERE. Just because a few people have posted saying they've not experienced assholes after a game does not mean they don't exist. Take things with a grain of salt, and understand that these people would smack talk you or anyone else that wears a Wings jersey to their team's venue. It's not a personal thing until you help make it one. Some people need an ego or gut check and should understand that participating in such a trivial matter does not help accomplish anything worthwhile. The best thing you could do to help other Wings fans is to let them know to just ignore these people, go home, and lead by example.

That's generally the assumption that gun-carriers seem to make. The problem is when the other guy has a gun too.

You can't carry a gun into a sports arena, guaranteed they won't be packing heat unless they ran to their vehicle to get one and start a gunfight regardless.

Edited by The Enforcer

This is the kind of stuff that gives Detroit a bad name :)

You can't carry a gun into a sports arena, guaranteed they won't be packing heat unless they ran to their vehicle to get one and start a gunfight regardless.

Well this all went down in the parking lot, so it's not crazy to assume they may have been to their cars at some point already.

Not to be a ****** but if you are outnumbered, outsized and in an unfriendly environment, retreat and live to fight (not literally) another day.

I've spent the better part of 2/3rds of my life training in various martial arts, so I can handle myself as well as the next bear. But unless your name is Gracie or Tyson and you have the skills to defend yourself if things go to the next level.....you ought to stay in the car.

No offense. Getting out of the vehicle was exactly what those guys wanted you to do. And unless you are prepared and capable of handling what was undoubtedly going to happen, you've got to chose wisely.

Anyway, sorry you got the tar beat out of you. And least it wasn't worse, right? Karma is a ***** too. Each and every one of those guys who laid a finger on you will end up in the wrong place at the wrong time against somebody who will clean their clock. That's a fact. There's always somebody tougher than the next guy and if you act like those idiots acted, they'll find themselves in a situation eventually where the outcome won't favor them.

Excellent post :clap:

Agree 100%

Guest Four
This is the kind of stuff that gives Detroit a bad name :)

And OP's story is the kind of stuff that gives Anaheim a bad name :)